Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Tubo

Renovation price for Kitchen floor and basin tower

Hi everyone:

I am totally new in renovation and no idea about cost at all. There is a resale HDB and I haven't get it yet. I have very limit budget so I want to know the general cost of renovation on kitchen. So I can plan my financial first. Use contractor because budget.

4-room HDB 17 years. The house is not well maintained and dirty. But conditions of tiles are still good except balcony area. Below is a rough idea. Basically what I want is: hack some stuff and make new. relocated the basin tower, the hob, and the fridge.

1. Two walls(red area) are cracked on service balcony. What is the reason? Does it can be fixed by hack the wall tiles?

2. The house initially comes with a 1m wall between kitchen and service balcony. But the owner hacked it. Now I want make it back again. No window and no door needed.

3. At kitchen cabinet area, there is a lift to the floor tile (about 30mm). Possible to re-size it? I mean hack some portion and extend some portion. So no need to hack all floor tiles.

4. For the basin tower. Is it made by brick inside? I don't want use wood around basin area.

Renovation 2.jpg

kitchen.jpg

Edited by Tubo
updated some information on hacking

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 8/17/2017 at 2:30 AM, Tubo said:

Hi everyone:

I am totally new in renovation and no idea about cost at all. There is a resale HDB and I haven't get it yet. I have very limit budget so I want to know the general cost of renovation on kitchen. So I can plan my financial first. Use contractor because budget.

4-room HDB 17 years. The house is not well maintained and dirty. But conditions of tiles are still good except balcony area. Below is a rough idea. Basically what I want is: hack some stuff and make new. relocated the basin tower, the hob, and the fridge.

1. Two walls(red area) are cracked on service balcony. What is the reason? Does it can be fixed by hack the wall tiles?

2. The house initially comes with a 1m wall between kitchen and service balcony. But the owner hacked it. Now I want make it back again. No window and no door needed.

3. At kitchen cabinet area, there is a lift to the floor tile (about 30mm). Possible to re-size it? I mean hack some portion and extend some portion. So no need to hack all floor tiles.

4. For the basin tower. Is it made by brick inside? I don't want use wood around basin area.

Renovation 2.jpg

kitchen.jpg

Have you found any renovator already?

On 8/30/2017 at 2:56 PM, Tubo said:

Yes. I found one. Do you need contact?

haha yes you can pass it to me, but can you post some of the after renovation pictures up here?

Hi

I got this contractor using WPC board for my kitchen cabinet and he told me that this material is waterproof, fire retardant, anti-termite and 100% recyclable green material. And the price look ok to me because is water proof. And he told me no need to build any concrete base for my kitchen cabinet and I can save cost on that.  He say is a new material in the market.  If you need I can PM you his details.

On 9/4/2017 at 11:45 AM, Gingerman said:

haha yes you can pass it to me, but can you post some of the after renovation pictures up here?

Ok. I have pm his contacts to you. Since my house is not available to visit, I take floor plan and meet him in his office. He is very patient and explain my question very clear. And also he quote me very fast after 2 days. But his price is extremely high. Maybe it will be lower after visit. But i don't think there will be too much difference. Anyway i think you can discuss with him and at least he will explain your question or give you some idea. You have the decision for the price...