Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Leona Kim

Renovation Experience with Sky Creation

Salutation to Josh & Brice for the excellent experience from start till end for both my Parents and my unit consecutively in a short period to be in time for CNY!

Timeline: delivered
Budget: within expectations (less our Ah Lian add-ons) transparent pricing no dispute 
communication: clarity throughout with certainty and great advice with experience 
Patient level: beyond God! (No joke)

I’m simply gonna gun for these two dudes to everyone!

Back to CNY packing!

Love 

Austin & Audrey 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We bought a resale 3 room flat in Toa Payoh that needs a total overhaul.  Given my overseas work schedule, I had to search for Interior Designer and Renovation company through the internet. 
So I can relate to how important reviews play a role in helping homeowners find a good ID and Renovation company. After submitting some online inquiry requests, Sky Creation is the only company that is sincerely willing to work the extra mile to communicate through emails only for an oversea customer. 
My big salute to Sophie (Fang Fang)! 
Thank you for staying up late (past midnight on many nights during the planning stages, so that we can discussed over WhatsApp calls when it was morning in the USA)
Sophie and Josh are very willing to listen and incorporate homeowners’ ideas. I was only briefly back to Singapore for choosing the materials. Sophie and Josh were not only working with me, but my sister and mom too after I left for the USA. They had lots of patiences when we kept changing our minds on the designs. 
They kept the communication open and clear throughout the renovation process. The WhatsApp group chat that they created definitely helped so that everyone was in the loop. 
The cost and charges were very clear too. No hidden cost and surprises. 
Sophie told us upfront what was included and what will be additional. 
Sky Creation has definitely 2 great IDs (Sophie and Josh) in their company ! 
Keep up the good work ! 

It has been 5 months since we moved into our newly renovated home. Why is this post late is partly because I believe that it is very common to design and build a beautiful home, but I have to live in it for a period of time before I can speak about the worksmanship of things and most importantly practicality of its design. 

Rewind back to early 2019:

My husband and I met up with a total of 10 IDs & contractors before deciding to go with Sky Creation as their prices are transparent, we had friends who highly recommended them and most importantly it was because we felt really comfortable with Kaze Tan, the interior designer who was referred to us by one of our friends. 

In addition to the many messages which were communicated via the phone, we met up with Kaze face to face at least 3 times for thorough discussions regarding our renovation before we decided to sign the contract with Sky Creation. The whole process from the initial stage of selection of ID to the finalization of 3D artworks took 2 months as me and my husband were pretty picky and wary when it comes to cost comparisons of quotations and finding the ID whom we think can assist us build our dream home. Kaze was patient and really helpful throughout the whole process, even before signing of contract. He treated us like friends and gave us professional advice on any queries we had on top of our minds from renovation works to designs to electronics and so on. We were really impressed by the knowledge he has in even the smallest details. 

Upon finalization of the 3D artwork, our renovation took no more than 6 weeks to complete. Everything went smoothly with the help of Kaze who was always there at our home when there are works going on to ensure things ran the way they should. He liaised with all external vendors whom we bought items from and arranged for deliveries, installation etc without us having to be involved in the process. Kaze also updates us constantly with photos of the progress throughout the whole renovation process, and reverts quickly when we have queries. He makes detailed clarifications and explains many thing to us in advance, which lessen our worries as newbies of renovation. 

We are really lucky to have met a dedicated ID, who not only designs beautiful homes, but also carefully considering practicality when it comes to usage. He listens and takes feedbacks to ensure that the finishing product aligns with what we envision our dream home to be. We have been staying in our new place for the past month, and are extremely satisfied with how beautiful yet practical the place is. Sky Creation gives good transparent pricing with top notch service and quality carpentry finishing, products etc. We are really glad to have chose it as the ID firm for our home. 

Thank you Kaze & Sky Creation for creating our dream home for us, and for allowing the whole process of renovation to be so smooth and enjoyable for us. 

Fast forward to August 2019:

My family and I have been staying in our dream home for the last 5 months, and all we can say is that we really love it so much. It is in my opinion not only beautiful, but every detail was very carefully thought out by Kaze in terms of design and practicality. Staying here for 5 months, we have not had problems related to design and usage. Friends and loved ones who visited our place also appreciated its good design and clever usage of space. Our family love this dream home of ours. 

Once again thank you Kaze and Sky Creation for the works. We definitely recommend Sky Creation & Kaze Tan to anyone who is looking for a trustworthy firm and ID for renovation!

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-30 at 4.59.45 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-30 at 4.59.46 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-30 at 4.59.47 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-30 at 4.59.48 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-30 at 4.59.49 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-30 at 4.59.50 PM-2.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-30 at 4.59.50 PM.jpeg

Got to know Brice & Josh through a reference from a close friend of mine. Brice went to the jobsite often to ensure job was properly carried out, it was hassle free, and the handover of my house was on time. He even went extra mile to help me fix some of the damage caused by my previous owners without me asking. Many IDs treat each job as just another project, so I am really delighted to come across someone who put in so much effort & time, and treated my house like his own to ensure things were up to the mark. There was no delay & the project was smoothly handled. 

Would like to show my appreciation to Josh & all the men who involved in the project such as the Painter/Plumbing/Ceiling boss "David", Carpenter boss "Ah Khoon" etc who trained his men well to deliver the excellent final results. Really appreciate it & two thumbs up for all the men involved, thank you. :)

Brice can be reached at 8233 3344

With owner2.jpeg

Master bedroom.jpg

Common bedroom.jpg

Living.jpg

With owner.jpg

Sky Lim is extremely helpful and responsive. We had a lot of last minute enquiries (e.g. add on fans, add on power outlets, fridge size) and he helped us with all of our enquiries promptly He also organised his team well to make our last minute requests workable and his team went the extra mile for us. His advice was excellent and his team also has good design eyes (e.g. in selection of colours, designs). My house is very nice with the greek/roman theme. The renovation was completed timely too. We really appreciate the hard work.

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-26 at 11.08.39 copy.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-26 at 11.08.38 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-26 at 11.08.38.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-26 at 11.08.56.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-26 at 11.09.57 (1).jpeg

Nowadays there are lots of ID firms advertising online involving positive feedback about IDs. Deep in my heart, I know that not all these feedback might be genuine or reliable. Most of these positive feedback are either without house owner’s endorsement, photos taken with ID and house owner together or with genuine house photos. After browsing through many such stories, I realized this ID by the name of Brice has taken photos with a number of happy owners.

When I first met Brice, I did not find anything special about him. Not to mention that his quotation is not the lowest I have received. The only things that caught my eyes are his passion in design and sincerity. He told me he doesn't take up every single project he is offered because he does not want to over-stretch himself and end up disappointing the clients he has on hand. 

After moving house for a few times with some disappointments along the way in terms of renovation, this might be our permanent house. I decided to engage him as our ID. He took up our project and demonstrated a 200% commitment. 

During the design stage, we told him that we are looking for a cozy but not too bright feel, easy maintenance, safe and user friendly for my mum. On top of that, we are very particular about workmanship as well. His designs are creative and he proposed marble-wood-look laminate combination which turned out well for us. Rounded edges at the shoes cabinet and the TV console enhanced the designs and also helped to prevent any unnecessary injuries. 

Throughout the renovation, he visited our house numerous times to ensure that jobs were properly carried out within the given time frame and he even participated hands-on within his capabilities. Sometimes he even stayed late at night to ensure the job meets his expectations. He kept us in the loop about the progress throughout. In my heart, I thought that this guy must be crazy !!! But of course, I am grateful to have engaged such an ID who treated my house like his own. I am staying just few blocks away but hardly visit my new house during the renovation because I knew my house was in good hands and ultimately the house was handed over to me with hardly any defects. 

2 thumbs up to Brice and Sky Creation, as well as all the men involved such as David (painter/plumber), Ah Kam (carpenter) etc. Thanks a lot.

Brice can be reached at: h/p: 8233 3344

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2OfdcNtLuE

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 9.29.12 pm.png

Living.jpeg

Common bedroom.jpeg

Master bedroom.jpeg

Common bathroom.jpeg

Engage Sky Lim for my renovation. We would like to thank Sky for the good work that he provides us.

Sky is professional in his work and gave valuable recommendations and opinions on what would be suitable and nice. Working well in line with our FS master is also a very good plus point for him. Sky rectify whatever issues that we have and his actions are commendable.

Thank you Sky Lim once again for your great work and valuable inputs regarding the renovation. Kudos to you!

要工作还要照顾家庭真的不容易。拿了几份 quotation, 设计顾问 Brice 的 quotation 不是最便宜的并且已超出我们的预算。我们犹豫了一下但是我们知道 “一分钱一分货”的道理。我们要的是一位有创意会 “用心” 的室内设计师而不是一位只会 “甜言蜜语”的推销员。

上网看到好几张 Brice 和屋主的合照以及屋主对他的平价, 让我们知道这些都不是伪造的。现在在网上不难找到有好口碑的室内设计师但拥有多张和屋主一起拍照的并不多, Brice 是少数之一 。

Brice 很注重品质, 他给我们有名以及终身保修的 accessories 让我们没有后顾之忧。除此之外, 他很用心设计我们的家并且经常到我们的家监督工程的进展还亲自下手, 确保品质可以达到他的要求同时缩短了工程的进展。我们很放心不什么需要到我们的新家来看, 让我们可以有更多的时间照顾家庭以及专心工作。最后证明了 Brice “物有所值”。

谢谢我们的设计顾问 Brice, 谢谢 Sky Creation 以及所有参与的师傅们, David、 啊Kam、小文、啊力等等, 让我们梦想成真感恩。

设计顾问 Brice 手机号码: 8233 3344

01.jpg

02.jpeg

03.jpeg

04.jpg

05.jpeg

06.jpg

Sourcing of the right ID can be a stressful & risky job. Came across stories about IDs who promised the moon & sky before contract signed & that’s included inconsistency performance from IDs who are referred by words of mouth. Not to mention we read through so many positive feedbacks about individual IDs but is kind of weird that most are without IDs taking photo with owners? 

After spending so much money in our BTO 4rm HDB flat, every dollars & cents count. We dun want to over spend too much in renovation but somehow, we hope to have our dream home, our first home which really belongs to us. We prefer the hotel feel with a luxury design theme for our whole house. For the luxury design theme that we wanted is kind of challenging due to space constraints. 

Anyway, we came across this ID by the name of Brice from Sky Creation, he is not someone that can give u that kind of “Wow” first impression comparing with those IDs we met & on top of that his quotation is not lowest we received. These really hold us back but his sincerity & genuine endorsements by his clients convinced us that he might be the right ID we are looking for. We still remember he told us, he dun take up every single projects that he came across because he dun want to over stretch himself & ended up disappointed his clients. If he wanted to take up the project, he will give his best shot. 

In the design stage, Brice shared with us his ideas & at the same time advised us which are the ideas that we proposed are suitable & which are not. We met up with him couple of times to share those new ideas we have in mind, we really appreciate his patience & commitment.

During the reno of our house, Brice constantly keep us in the loop to reduce our stress & curiosity. However due to my work place is nearby, on & off I will visit my new house to have a look. I was happy to see Brice in my house often to ensure work are done properly. I was even shocked to see him in the late night such as 11pm in my new house, hand on to help me to touch up my house to his expectation without us demanding it. 

To sum it up, we are really happy with the work well done & the 200% commitment from Brice. Thanks a lot. 

P.S.: Brice can be reach at: 8233 3344

06.Common bedroom (After).jpeg

07.Master bathroom (After).jpeg

08..png

01.Foyer (After).jpeg

02.Foyer2 (After).jpg

03.Living (After).jpeg

04.Common bathroom (After).jpg

05.Bedroom walkway (After).jpeg