Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Farah Dinah

SOS

Hi everyone, I'm new here and need as much help and advice regarding house renovations. 

My partner and I will be getting our keys to our first ever home at the end of December. 
A 5-room flat , 1356sqft / 125.9sqm. 
How do I go about saving cost for renovation works?
Initially thought of overlaying with vinyl to save cost, but are there cheaper hacking and tiling services available?
Definitely would want to renovate the 2 toilets too but packages a saw are 20k?? 
We are on a tight budget and were thinking of getting just the basics done.
Example:- 
1. flooring 
2. installation of 5/6 ceiling fans (current state are ceiling lights only) 
3. chemical washing
4. painting whole unit
5. getting 3 built in wardrobes
6. toilets (about most likely not affordable) 

How would we know that the person we liaise with to get a quotation from the company is an ID or a contractor ?
The 2 companies that we are considering are - & Comfort Home Carpentry. 
Anyone has contacts or recommendations that is reliable but provide cheap / affordable services?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

10 hours ago, Farah Dinah said:

Hi everyone, I'm new here and need as much help and advice regarding house renovations. 

My partner and I will be getting our keys to our first ever home at the end of December. 
A 5-room flat , 1356sqft / 125.9sqm. 
How do I go about saving cost for renovation works?
Initially thought of overlaying with vinyl to save cost, but are there cheaper hacking and tiling services available?
Definitely would want to renovate the 2 toilets too but packages a saw are 20k?? 
We are on a tight budget and were thinking of getting just the basics done.
Example:- 
1. flooring 
2. installation of 5/6 ceiling fans (current state are ceiling lights only) 
3. chemical washing
4. painting whole unit
5. getting 3 built in wardrobes
6. toilets (about most likely not affordable) 

How would we know that the person we liaise with to get a quotation from the company is an ID or a contractor ?
The 2 companies that we are considering are - & Comfort Home Carpentry. 
Anyone has contacts or recommendations that is reliable but provide cheap / affordable services?

hi, Welcome to Renotalk! 

You may want to go through the thread here: https://www.renotalk.com/forum/forum/9-reviews-renovation-contractors-interior-designers-suppliers/

Or you can get free quotes from the list of contractors or interior designers from our database at https://www.renotalk.com/professionals/category/interior-design-companies