Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
50776_1456196182

External washing and repainting

Hi,

I want to do an external wash and repaint for my landed. The problem is mine is a 3 storey house while my connecting neighbour is a single storey house. Im not sure how the painters are to paint the exposed wall without scaffoldings on neighbour's side or wash without affecting neighbour. Is it required for the professional washers and painters to do a pre assessment of neighbour's unit?

What happens in the event neighbour complains of water leakage or paint issues? Thank you

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You will need to seek permission from your neighbour to access their house to setup the scaffolding. 

Of cos if there’s any damaged caused, then your contractor is liable for the damages

You can engage painting contractors that have extension cranes with cage for a single worker that can extend to the backyard from the front gate. The position of the crane may or may not block your neighbor’s gate access. If your land’s depth is very deep, then there is another method which contractors can use is to go to your roof and install support on the roof edge so that the worker can carabiner down the side wall to do the painting. These 2 methods will have least risk of damaging your neighbor’s roof and most times they won’t object. 

I believe that this should be agreed with your neighbor in the sense that he will give permission for the placement of scaffolding, without which artists simply will not be able to work. You know what I mean? In addition, you will need to wash the damaged area with paint after doing all the work. I can say with almost one hundred percent probability that it will be at least a road adjacent to your houses. Therefore, I can advise you to use the services sparklewash.com , which use high-pressure washers.