Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bluskye

Waterproofing Gypsum Wall

Anybody using Gypsum boards? Are they waterproof? If the water due to mopping gets into contact with the feet area of the boards, will they rot? If so, how can we prevent them leh :unsure: ? Tks! :deal:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

There are many types of partition board material. The basic ones absolutely no fight against moisture. Will become soft.

The thicker ones (5/8inch) Boral Professional that comes with fire ratings can tahan moisture. The best is concrete boards that is really waterproof. However, the moisture will cause the internal frame to rust.

Consider using skirtings.

hello

the best is to build hollow block. stronger and more lasting. my id ask me to use gypsum board also but i not so comfortable. its not meant to be long term usage.

Anybody using Gypsum boards? Are they waterproof? If the water due to mopping gets into contact with the feet area of the boards, will they rot? If so, how can we prevent them leh :dunno: ? Tks! :D

you can opt for moisture resistant calcium silicate board or cement board..... again it is moisture resistant not water resistant...... excessive water contact is not advised, unless you apply with waterproofing for the portion where have excessive water contact

Tks guys for the info! Since the gypsum board is already built, I guess my only choices are to either do skirting or apply waterproof. But how to apply waterproofing leh? Any other methods other than the following?

1. Paint (those glossy paint for metal, water pipes and doors)

2. Use skirting as yoongf suggested

3. Use waterproof stickers (my father told me there's such a thing. anybody seen it b4?)

:dunno:

Tks guys for the info! Since the gypsum board is already built, I guess my only choices are to either do skirting or apply waterproof. But how to apply waterproofing leh? Any other methods other than the following?

1. Paint (those glossy paint for metal, water pipes and doors)

2. Use skirting as yoongf suggested

3. Use waterproof stickers (my father told me there's such a thing. anybody seen it b4?)

:sport-smiley-004:

Can just use the Nippon or Dulux all-in-one paint for the wall, they are all polymer paint, once dry, will be waterproof already. If you worry, seal the little gap between the flr tile and board wall with white silicon and paint two coats of polymer paint lor... :notti:

Edited by Brainstorm