Mirror yet to be installed

Viewfrom2ndroomentrances.jpg

Altar table for Guan Yin

Altar2s.jpg

Kitchen cabinets -solid work surface not up yet

Viewfromentrances-1.jpg

View of kitchen from windows

Viewfromwindowss-1.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wow...already looks very nice!! Love your swivel TV!! Contrasts very well with your red wall!! :~

Master room entrance - stainless steel strips not up

Masterroomentrances.jpg

Alumix wardrobe

Viewfromtoiletentrances-1.jpg

Master room entrance - back view

Viewfromwindowss-2.jpg

Wow! Everything is going into place, really very nice. Can't wait for ur furniture & TV & stuff to come, & ur masterpiece will be complete :)

Haha...if only my unit is a corner unit like yours, then maybe have abit more space & excuses to do up abit more carpentry works...haha :)

Wow! Everything is going into place, really very nice. Can't wait for ur furniture & TV & stuff to come, & ur masterpiece will be complete :notti:

hey looking really good!what's the inside of the wiw like?hmm was thinking of doing the same.. hehe looks like we might be having the same tastes!right down to the altar..u got it from id?

i can sense Guan Yin Pusa's blessings on yr home already =)

An altar is also a meeting point of faiths for yr family and the Boddhisattva ... constantly communicate with Guan Yin by recting his holy name "Namo Guan Shi Yin Pusa" 南无观世音菩萨“ which means "homage and adoration to the boddhistava that percives the worldly sound" In the Lotus Sutra Chapter 25, Guan Yin Pusa vow to the Buddha to bless and respond to every single call and prayer if such a man or woman with pure faiths recites his name for even once. hope that yr home will be brightly lit up with Guan yin (Avalokitesvra Boddhisattva) compassion and protection both for the external and the hearts of yr family.

Homage to Lord Buddha !

Hmmm...mine is only a wardrobe. not a WIW. Length is 7ft, so not very big.

Interior of wardrobe - RHS

Wardrobe1.jpg

Interior of wardrobe - LHS

Wardrobe2.jpg

You will be having an altar in your house too? My ID looked at me when i told him to design 1 for me and he thot i was crazy! :lol: He said nowadays, seldom young people wana have an altar in their house for fear of spoiling the design of the whole house. Thats why I told him to design a plain & simple one for me as im not gona buy from outside, with those weird colors, carved dragons and what have you... :wub:

Maybe I grew up and have been praying to Guan Yin for my whole life when staying with parents, so feel abit weird if new house never pray. Still, I felt that its better for some god to be "watching" over our house, haha. Call me traditional, but thats me ! :D

hey looking really good!what's the inside of the wiw like?hmm was thinking of doing the same.. hehe looks like we might be having the same tastes!right down to the altar..u got it from id?

Wow....you have so much in depth knowledge on these, think I gotta ask you for advice when im going to "Qing3 Shen2" :dunno:

i can sense Guan Yin Pusa's blessings on yr home already =)

An altar is also a meeting point of faiths for yr family and the Boddhisattva ... constantly communicate with Guan Yin by recting his holy name "Namo Guan Shi Yin Pusa" 南无观世音菩萨“ which means "homage and adoration to the boddhistava that percives the worldly sound"

In the Lotus Sutra Chapter 25, Guan Yin Pusa vow to the Buddha to bless and respond to every single call and prayer if such a man or woman with pure faiths recites his name for even once.

hope that yr home will be brightly lit up with Guan yin (Avalokitesvra Boddhisattva) compassion and protection both for the external and the hearts of yr family.

Homage to Lord Buddha !

Hmmm...just happened to chance upon the pic of our new house's dining / pool table taken last year when me & my wife went to view at the showroom. Its 6ft x 3.5ft and with the customised table top, it will be our dining table as well.

What is good is that there's leg room under the table for legs to go in when we are using it as a dining table. If we were to get those standard table, there will not be any leg room at all around the sides of the table.

Now waiting for handover by ID before i call for delivery of the table :paint:

Table should be electric blue instead of green as seen in the pic. Customised dining table top is seperated into 2 pieces.

pooltables.jpg

no problem... do it right n the proper way once n for all =)

just msg me in anytime u need help regarding yr altar issues. from statues to 安座all can find me =) ... my ID also designig a modern buddhist altar for me but wun be an altar look ... will updated everyone soon €"Ë€+×`,×

Yup i jus like a simple 1 too no carving on my altar. still looking for 1 lah,at most ask id to make lar,but he say more expensive.was wondering wats the price for 1?

i not sure if mine also a wiw..just wack the store only so space is only plus storeroom..

will try to post pics this week end..see the mess heheh

Yup i jus like a simple 1 too no carving on my altar. still looking for 1 lah,at most ask id to make lar,but he say more expensive.was wondering wats the price for 1?

i not sure if mine also a wiw..just wack the store only so space is only plus storeroom..

Hi Myi, u can have inovative ideas to reduce the cost of making an altar (unles u got the budget) .. u can buy wooden planks from ikea and mount onto the wall to place yr statue and very simple n sleek .. dun have the typical altar feel .. cost u less than 50 bucks ...

btw, if u r honouring Buddhist icons then can ... taoist deities not so advisable using wall planks .. in anycase u need help for yr altar .. msg me =)

Updates as of 6th June 2007 :dancingqueen:

Stainless steel strips for TV console done

Consolesteelstripss.jpg

View of living room from kitchen entrance

Viewfromkitchenentrances-1.jpg

Kitchen entrance & mirror

Kitchenmirrors.jpg

View from 2nd bedroom

Viewfrom2ndbedroomentrances-1.jpg

Kitchen cabinet solid work surface done

Kitchencabinetworksurfaces.jpg

Closeup of hob

Hobs.jpg

View from toilet entrance

Viewfromtoilets.jpg

Stainless steel strips for master room entrance done

Masterroomentrances-1.jpg

Hi enci, i thot altars should always be touching ground and cant be suspended, like wat u mentioned? Thats y my altar is touching ground even though I initially wanted it to be suspended, save space mah :dunno:

Hi Myi, u can have inovative ideas to reduce the cost of making an altar (unles u got the budget) .. u can buy wooden planks from ikea and mount onto the wall to place yr statue and very simple n sleek .. dun have the typical altar feel .. cost u less than 50 bucks ...

btw, if u r honouring Buddhist icons then can ... taoist deities not so advisable using wall planks .. in anycase u need help for yr altar .. msg me =)

Hi myi, my altar is $420 from ID. About the same pricings from outside shops of the same size, but then again, the color and design is a BIG no no!! :yamseng:

Awaiting for your pics update! :dancingqueen:

Hi enci, i thot altars should always be touching ground and cant be suspended, like wat u mentioned? Thats y my altar is touching ground even though I initially wanted it to be suspended, save space mah :notti:

Hi myi, my altar is $420 from ID. About the same pricings from outside shops of the same size, but then again, the color and design is a BIG no no!! :P

Awaiting for your pics update! :P

Hi,

Not so true, it all depends on personal preference. In Buddhism, there is no rule as to being touching floor or suspended and no restrictions on the posture of the statue (standing or sitting) . The most important part is that you and yr family must feel good and allright with it and also that it can blend with your theme and design. No point suspending the altar in the air and at the end yr family do not feel at ease for the rest of the stay in the hose right ? hehe.. similarly, no point putting it down to the ground if yr family does not like it and u have to bear with an "eye obstructing" altar for the rest of yr life.

The concept of an altar touching the ground does not arise from Buddhism, its bascially a fengshui, taoist practise.

Although Guan Yin Pusa (Avalokitesvra Boddhisattva) being largely respected and worshipped by alot of people, many do not know the correct way to honour this boddhisattva becos it has always been blurred up with Taoist practises.

My basic point here is that your family should feel right and happy with the altar down to the ground, then everything is ok.

The rule, do it right once and for all ... =)

pls also note, DO NOT send a Buddhist statue to be dotted in red, only for taoist statues. Buddhists also need not pray to "Tian Gong" and "Tu ti gong" nor burn josspapers. Its also important to establish the right defination of yr faith so that you will not inherit the wrong practises n concepts from the older generations who mixes buddhism and taoism together.

420 is definetly a reasonable price for a nice altar like yours .. most importantly, your heart counts :P!

Blessings for u ...