Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bhuv

Building a Semi-d

It is a two storey + attic area. However, I saw only a couple of houses built 1 m above the road level while nearly all others are built at road level

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
8 minutes ago, Bhuv said:

It is a two storey + attic area. However, I saw only a couple of houses built 1 m above the road level while nearly all others are built at road level

Most of the houses in the area are built quite some time back. Only those built in recent years need to add the extra 1m as PUB had increased the minimum platform level by 1m. 

12 hours ago, 3Cube said:

Go to URA Site, scroll to click on "Launch" beside "URA Space"

In "URA Space" go to "Control Plan" menu to check"

1) "Landed Housing Area Plan" to see your estate area's maximum building storey & type.

2) "Building Height Plan" which shows AMSL (short for Above Mean Sea Level)

There are also other infor that you can check

So if it does not say 3 storey, does it mean by default, it's 2 stories? 

2 hours ago, petetherock said:

So if it does not say 3 storey, does it mean by default, it's 2 stories? 

ura website will explicitly mention whether it is 2 storey mixed, 3 storey mixed, 2 storey bunglows, 2 storey semi-d etc. if your house is in an area not marked, then most likely it is in a 1.4 residential zone which means your house would be limited by GFA instead of storey height. you can check this in the master plan on the same URA site.

6 minutes ago, snoozee said:

ura website will explicitly mention whether it is 2 storey mixed, 3 storey mixed, 2 storey bunglows, 2 storey semi-d etc. if your house is in an area not marked, then most likely it is in a 1.4 residential zone which means your house would be limited by GFA instead of storey height. you can check this in the master plan on the same URA site.

Is there a site to calculate the total height or the GFA? 

Or if one lives in a three storey area, is there a max GFA / height? 
Thanks bro

landed housing zone has only height restrictions, no GFA. height is based on URA envelope design. 3 storey house is able to go up to 15.5m. 2 storey is able to go up to 12m.

• Like 1

Guys

this is what the drainage interpretation plan says.

Does that mean that if I have a basement then I need 1m minimum height of the first floor? And If I do not have a basement then it can be only 300mm?

image.png.73d1d5f3771fa3ea63e4ecdfc22ca37f.png

Or can I completely escape these height requirements by saying 

image.png.23bf385bfc96dc228a4f46d3c99fd8b9.png

basically this DIP is telling you this

1. your house (which falls under general development) must be at least 4.0m above the Singapore Height Datum.

2. if your house is already 4.0m above the Singapore Height Datum, then your house must be at least 300mm above the adjacent ground/road level. this 300mm is the level required to prevent water from flowing from the ground/road into your property

PUB will give your the MPL (minimum platform level) which your house needs to be built. the MPL is the level where the 1st storey must be location at or above.

so now if they tell you your house must be 1m above road level, it means your existing ground/road is only at 3.0m above the Singapore Height Datum. so your 1st storey must be at 1m above road level. anything below this 1m can be considered as a basement if you choose to build a basement. building height of 12m will be computed from this MPL.

there is no way you can escape this clause since PUB is unlikely to grant you clearance if your design is below the MPL. if PUB don't give you clearance, URA will not give you PP or WP and BCA won't give you permit so you can't do anything.

edit: above the table already has the clause "The Minimum Platform Level for development on the selected area shall not be lower than the highest level shown in the table". so it's take whichever level is highest.

the other clause of owner accepting risk is only applicable if there are site constraints. you need to read the DIP in the entire context and not pick and choose which ones you want. quote from my own DIP, "If the minimum platform cannot be complied with due to site constraints or other technical reasons, the owner/developer shall make the following endorsement on the building plan: “The Owner/Developer has given due consideration to PUB’s advice on the minimum platform level and is aware
that the lower existing/proposed platform level may subject the development to flood risks”."

Edited by snoozee

• Like 1