Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kai83

Recommendations of lift contractor for building a private lift in cluster house

Hi,

I am considering to build a private lift in a cluster housing to cater to my elderly parents. Does anyone has any recommendation for a reliable lift contractor? 

And what is the estimated cost to it? Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

There are many home lift contractors in Singapore. Just do a search on Google and you can find them.

cost wise depends on what type of lift you want as well as the design. The range can be from 30k+ and up

there are a few common types of home lift, traction lift, hydraulic lift, platform lift. Each type are based on different technologies and price also varies.

my suggestion is that you get your floor plans and then find a lift contractor for them to propose a solution. Retrofitting a lift in a house is not the same as provisioning when the house is being built as you will have to fit the lift around what is already constructed. If hacking is involved, you may need to engage a PE to check on the proposed solution as well. 

I strongly suggest you engage contractor listed in BCA website.

Google for "bca lift contractor" & you can see all companies listed in BCA Directory. These companies will know all necessary permits, procedure, etc to carry out the works.

Do note conventional lift do require separate contractor to build the lift core with a PE Structural Design, Endorsement & Submission to Authorities. In my previous rebuilding works, I had completed a job costing about $37K just for the PE fees, construction cost & submission fees (exclude lift). The lift was installed for about $65K by the lift contractor engaged directly by the owner.

Alternately, some lift company do come with lift wall together with the lift car. Do a search on google.

As you are living in cluster house property, I assume it is not a stand alone house, right?

A cluster house is essentially a few landed multi storey terrace or semi-d group together with shared amenities such as pools, etc. With this it is manage by a MCST (Management Corporation Strata Title) which in turn means an modification to your property unit must be submitted & approved before you start to engage PE, contractor, etc.

Maybe you can look into feasibility of installing stair lift which travel along the stair's adjacent wall or railing. This will have minimal impact on the structural aspect of your property, which i feel may be earlier to get approved by MCST, etc.

Hey! Your question seemed to me very interesting, so I will be happy to answer him! I think your neighbors people understand and will not be against the elevator in the house. And if any problems arise, it can solve both the contractor and you. I can advise you to advise the Pete Suen platform, where you can find answers to all your questions. As for the price, it can vary depending on the quality of the material, the length of the elevator shaft and the elevator size themselves. I hope at least a little, but I helped you. Good luck! 

I don’t think one can obtain approval from MCST to install lift in a cluster development.

Edited by tayv

Well, that is a tough one. I knew a couple of reliable lift contractors, but I haven't seen them in ages. As I remember, I had to pay something like 15.000 bucks for a similar job back in the day. I will try to reach the guys and see if they are still working. I have actually installed such a lift in my house after my daughter got stuck on the roof. I still do not know how she got there. My neighbor used a forklift to get her down. He told me to buy a forklift from https://anguslifttrucks.co.uk/forklift-sales-uk/ as my kids love to get stuck on trees and roofs. :DD

Residents of high-rise buildings are probably familiar with the problem of elevators that don't work or break regularly. That's because all machines need proper maintenance to run smoothly and efficiently. I recommend that you contact a lift maintenance company in Singapore. Let the team know your needs so that they can provide professional advice. The company will provide an excellent service that meets the highest safety standards and ensures maximum elevator performance. I wish you the best of luck in solving your problem.