Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JavieCoentr

Pregnancy and smoking

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

While some people cringe at the thought of smoking, some find it quite a relaxing indulgence. It’s not uncommon to find a nervous individual smoking to calm down their nerves. This does not in any way make smoking good for your health. The fact of the matter is, smoking is seriously injurious to your health. Cigarette smoking or any other forms of smoking can cause adverse complications over prolonged usage.

These complications get even more serious when they are associated with a pregnant lady who smokes. Why is smoking bad during pregnancy? Smoking during pregnancy puts a pregnant woman at a higher risk of premature births, still born babies and babies who are relatively small at the time of birth.

Most doctors tend to believe that they can take care of other diseases during pregnancy with appropriate medication or otherwise but they find it very difficult to treat a woman who is pregnant and smokes. They believe that it is very important for the lady herself to realize that she needs to quit smoking for her own well-being as well as that of her unborn baby.

Unless the need and desire to quit comes from the patient herself it is very difficult for the doctor to help her and actually make her quit the dangerous dependence on cigarettes. Some of the reasons why smoking is bad during pregnancy are:

The unborn baby gets their nutrition from the blood barrier across placenta. Hence the mother’s dietary behavior affects the child even when he is in the womb. Cigarette smoke is known to contain four thousand chemicals. These chemicals even include things as dangerous as lead, cyanide, and sixty more of such compounds that cause cancer. Smoking during pregnancy causes these harmful chemicals to get into the bloodstream and it is this blood which is the unborn baby’s only source of nutrients and oxygen.

For the sake of their unborn child, they should really stop. Maybe the motivation to quit might become stronger if they knew the effects of smoking it'll have on their child...

10 hours ago, AdamRichell said:

While some people cringe at the thought of smoking, some find it quite a relaxing indulgence. It’s not uncommon to find a nervous individual smoking to calm down their nerves. This does not in any way make smoking good for your health. The fact of the matter is, smoking is seriously injurious to your health. Cigarette smoking or any other forms of smoking can cause adverse complications over prolonged usage.

These complications get even more serious when they are associated with a pregnant lady who smokes. Why is smoking bad during pregnancy? Smoking during pregnancy puts a pregnant woman at a higher risk of premature births, still born babies and babies who are relatively small at the time of birth.

Most doctors tend to believe that they can take care of other diseases during pregnancy with appropriate medication or otherwise but they find it very difficult to treat a woman who is pregnant and smokes. They believe that it is very important for the lady herself to realize that she needs to quit smoking for her own well-being as well as that of her unborn baby.

Unless the need and desire to quit comes from the patient herself it is very difficult for the doctor to help her and actually make her quit the dangerous dependence on cigarettes. Some of the reasons why smoking is bad during pregnancy are:

The unborn baby gets their nutrition from the blood barrier across placenta. Hence the mother’s dietary behavior affects the child even when he is in the womb. Cigarette smoke is known to contain four thousand chemicals. These chemicals even include things as dangerous as lead, cyanide, and sixty more of such compounds that cause cancer. Smoking during pregnancy causes these harmful chemicals to get into the bloodstream and it is this blood which is the unborn baby’s only source of nutrients and oxygen.

Motivation to quit smoking might be stronger if they knew the effects of smoking on their unborn child...otherwise it's too late for regrets..

Smoking tobacco in any case is dangerous for the body, especially a pregnant woman. Vape is one of those smoking products that has not yet caused harm to a person. I can bring my sister who has been smoking vape for more than three years, and during this time she was pregnant with her first child. The baby was born quite healthy and no problems were observed. So don't worry if it's a vape. I also smoke it and I like it because this device requires the same care as any other device. I just recently gave it to the diagnosis and it helped me buy atomizer head which was an important detail, now vape for me is a great way to get rid of tobacco and stress in my life

I think that's revolting and irresponsible as a parent. People that smoke while pregnant clearly aren't prepared to have the responsibility of a child. 

I think the decision to have a baby should be a responsible step in a couple's life, and they need to quit smoking cigarettes at least six months in advance. From my friend's experience, I know that it isn't easy, especially for those who feel addicted to nicotine. I supported my friend when she and her husband decided to have a baby, and they both quit smoking. First, they used nicotine patches, and then they started vaping. I ordered e-liquid for them at https://www.thevapecig.co.uk/e-liquid/flavours/mint-e-liquids.html, and each time I asked to reduce the nicotine content. When their liquid had no nicotine, I told them about my experiment, and they were shocked that they didn't notice anything.

I think hookah smoking is the batter than vaping. In vape heating a foil and of e-liquid is the combustion of a chemical. A perfect hookah session provides you relaxed experience.