Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Oppsgal

Agents Cant Update Data?

Are housing agents that incompetent and inefficient in updating records? Sold house for about a month plus, but still call ask for enquiry on whether the house is sold. I kept repeating myself on my handphone like some broken down machine…

one E** agent called up and enquire about the house. I asked where he got my contact. He said from database of the company. I requested my data to be taken down. Few days later, 2 different agents from the same company ask me again! It’s definitely annoying especially when I am busy. Why agents only know how to add in new contacts but don’t know how to remove outdated ones? I have even written to feedback but no response.

:furious:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

How come it is your number? I normally would request the agent to use his hp, not mine hp. This is one reason why I choose agent over self-agent, to avoid the numerous phone call.

Then you must call up this agent of yours, tell him to do so. If not done, then less commission, deduct it.

Then you must call up this agent of yours, tell him to do so. If not done, then less commission, deduct it.

Wah.. instigating breach of contract.. the agent strike 4D liao.

I'm just curious how come the owner number is the contact number. If engage agent, should be using their number mah...

Use my number then I like their receptionist, of course must ask for pay rite :)

Are housing agents that incompetent and inefficient in updating records? Sold house for about a month plus, but still call ask for enquiry on whether the house is sold. I kept repeating myself on my handphone like some broken down machine…

one E** agent called up and enquire about the house. I asked where he got my contact. He said from database of the company. I requested my data to be taken down. Few days later, 2 different agents from the same company ask me again! It’s definitely annoying especially when I am busy. Why agents only know how to add in new contacts but don’t know how to remove outdated ones? I have even written to feedback but no response.

:sport-smiley-004:

Do u place any ads on the papers using your number????

Do u place any ads on the papers using your number????

~~~~~~~~~~

I am doing own selling without using agents. Advertise and sold my house already a month plus ago. But buyers' agents keep calling to check the unit if it is sold. And I keep repeating myself, and even ask some agents from same company to remove my data from the "database" as I have removed my ad from websites.

Haiz! Have to keep entertaining them.

~~~~~~~~~~

I am doing own selling without using agents. Advertise and sold my house already a month plus ago. But buyers' agents keep calling to check the unit if it is sold. And I keep repeating myself, and even ask some agents from same company to remove my data from the "database" as I have removed my ad from websites.

Haiz! Have to keep entertaining them.

This is the downside of selling your house your own coze your number is being exposed. Sometimes it is not from the company's database. It is from a third party database and it can be stored in their server for very long period of time....

This is the downside of selling your house your own coze your number is being exposed. Sometimes it is not from the company's database. It is from a third party database and it can be stored in their server for very long period of time....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At least I save the commission. I think I can always change my numbers. Maybe I bear with these calls abit, till I change my number. !!

Wonder why agents don't remove the data from the 3rd party website if they put owners' number there without the consent of owners?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wonder why agents don't remove the data from the 3rd party website if they put owners' number there without the consent of owners?

If put ad in public newspapers, it becomes info in the public domain. There is no question of consent of owners.

From what I understand about agent database, there is a central database managed by SISV, and info is gleened from the papers, and keyed in by backend agency office staff, not necessarily agents themselves. This is to facilitate agents to co-broke between buyer agent and seller agent.

I have called many listings, and some agents did not even know they had such listing under their name.

Whether this existing practice if the right way for the industry is subjective. But it is clearly for the benefit of agents to arrange co-broke among themselves, or to fish out buyers for sellers or sellers for buyers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At least I save the commission. I think I can always change my numbers. Maybe I bear with these calls abit, till I change my number. ;)

It becomes public when u put yr number there. They will not be remove by agents themselves but from the 3rd party program.. The only way to stop the calls is to change your number......

Change number very troublesome cos have to inform so many people.

Never publised your number on the newspaper. Agents are not responsible to remove the number even if they are the ones who put it up there.

You can expect to bear with it for another 3 months. The frequency will become much lesser after 3 months. Or use another phone during this period if you have a spare.

Which area is your selling flat?

agent..no $ no help. haiz...ugly ugly

They got no basic pay to survive leh.. Think about it... Of couse with more $$ they will work for you...

After taking your $, they "dissapear" too. Like my case, I ask my agent to inform ex-owner to collect their letters, but few weeks already still no "shadow". So I had to crossed the letter n throw the letter into mail post myself.

Never publised your number on the newspaper. Agents are not responsible to remove the number even if they are the ones who put it up there.

At lest they can tell their partner within the company that the flat sold ?? If they are the Xclusive agent, how they manage to take it out ?