Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blitz8888

Is it safe? Approved by regulatory?

Hi, 

this is my bathtub done by Absolook Interior Design. Didn’t know it would turn out like this as it happened when I gave birth and was in hospital subsequently on confinement. I would like some opinions on whether this is the norm? Or is is acceptable? Or is there any breach of safety standards? Coz I feel that the hot water pipes are too high and dangerous for my 3 kids, and that this is a landed property, surely an interior designer would not propose such dangerous idea?

DDAEFA7B-E45C-4A52-880E-3682A66E5131.jpeg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

basically someone had screwed up badly.

I suppose the water pipes are for your bath tub. if your bath mixer is wall mounted type, the pipes should be hidden in the wall behind the tiles and not exposed like this.

the hot water pipes would not be at 100 degrees but I suppose it would be still hot enough to cause some redness to skin if come into contact. the only way to rectify this is to hack away the wall tiles and have the pipes concealed inside the walls.

just noticed that even your pipes for the WC are run exposed. if this is a full reno of the toilet, no reasons to leave the pipes exposed as they can be concealed within the brick walls.

just for reference, the pipes are concealed within the brick walls by hacking a channel in the bricks. later on tiles are laid over the brick walls hence concealing the pipes. before and after pics below for my house on the concealed pipes

IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_4221.jpg

Edited by snoozee

• Like 1