Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ocpi

Advice On Reno Cost For 4a Resale Flat

Need advice for Reno cost for 5 year old 4A resale flat. Redoing two toilets and kitchen. Hacking all floors and False Ceiling for living, kitchen, toilets and dining area. Homogenous tiles for living and dining. Ceramic for kitchen and toilets. Laminated flooring for all bedrooms. Painting also. Pls also advice on which is the best renovation or interior design companys. Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Need advice for Reno cost for 5 year old 4A resale flat. Redoing two toilets and kitchen. Hacking all floors and False Ceiling for living, kitchen, toilets and dining area. Homogenous tiles for living and dining. Ceramic for kitchen and toilets. Laminated flooring for all bedrooms. Painting also. Pls also advice on which is the best renovation or interior design companys. Thanks

mine 14 year, lowest quoted 28k

Major works:

Total hacking

No false ceiling

All grills & windows changed, normal type

Homogenous tiles for entire unit (cos got dog in house)

Replastering and painting

Toilet all redo, no vanity, inclusive of 2 basins (no tap), MBR incl glass shower screen

Plastering and painting

Kitchen cabinet + plumbing and altering squat to sit toilet + wiring points (bare minimal)

Change all doors Naytoh

I dunno cheap or not but ID near my house so decided to settle for it. Btw i havent started my reno cos havent got key to flat yet (est in Aug) so i can't tell u workmanship and hidden costs as yet. but will get the ID to black and white everything given FOC

There's no Best Firm / ID or Contractor.

You'll need to spend hours after hours, days.. even weeks.. going through different quotes from different firms. viewing houses that have been done by the ID/Contractor to understand their workmanship.

a person can renovate a 4A for 25k...

another can renotave for 45k

but in between, there are many differences.

Example

1) Cost/Type of material (Eg. parquet / laminates marble)

2) Extent of Hacking Involved

3) Change grilles/windows?

4) Redo Toilets?

5) Do you want asthetics like "Feature wall" .... "False Ceiling" etc...

6) Change Sanitary ware? Wash Basin? Taps? etc..

7) Curtains

8) Lights

9) Electrical Wiring

i agree on what Phantom had say. Good sentence indeed "There's no Best Firm / ID or Contractor"

As when you see the quotes u wont know the output how is it. Will be good to see their workmanship and also who are their workers are from. Like China, Malaysia, local or other foreign countries. And their experience too.

So the quotes plays a part. The more experience worker of course pay will be a bit high. A junior worker their pay well will be less. Therefore quotation will be cheap. This goes to material of the wood, laminate so on so far.

i agree on what Phantom had say. Good sentence indeed "There's no Best Firm / ID or Contractor"

As when you see the quotes u wont know the output how is it. Will be good to see their workmanship and also who are their workers are from. Like China, Malaysia, local or other foreign countries. And their experience too.

So the quotes plays a part. The more experience worker of course pay will be a bit high. A junior worker their pay well will be less. Therefore quotation will be cheap. This goes to material of the wood, laminate so on so far.

Devilaz my friend.. hows life?

Just to add on what Devilaz mentioned, go and check with the contrators and ids on existing houses that are being renovated to get a feel of the workmanship.

You should also tell them to give you a quote on What you wish to have... then after getting a competitive pricing... you slowly knock off the things you wish but can't afford lol... after that you'll get what you want and a even more competitive quote..

Devilaz my friend.. hows life?

Just to add on what Devilaz mentioned, go and check with the contrators and ids on existing houses that are being renovated to get a feel of the workmanship.

You should also tell them to give you a quote on What you wish to have... then after getting a competitive pricing... you slowly knock off the things you wish but can't afford lol... after that you'll get what you want and a even more competitive quote..

Yoz Phantom,

well busy like nobody business. still need to prepare mine wedding and tons of things need to settle for that.

so hows urs bro?

and hows life dude?

Yoz Phantom,

well busy like nobody business. still need to prepare mine wedding and tons of things need to settle for that.

so hows urs bro?

and hows life dude?

I'm ok. Serving Notice right now. very free...

House 99% done..

just bought a 40" LCD and fixed up TV bench at home... got the chandelier in..

dining table and coffe table from cellini...

so almost everything is ok.. looking forward to new job. lol...

wedding most likely next year.. so not that shiong.... yet...

wow.. sui wor...

so big sia ur TV.

ok lah.. wanted to get the LG 50" plasma one.. too late.. sold out..

then wanted a 42" plasma...

then realized that if next time we wanna upgrade.. getting a plasma tv now..

the degradation of the gas... next time might not be so bright..

at least LCD won't have such a problem.. and can keep and use it in the bedroom or as a moniter for my pc.

faint... 42" for PC. you are a hardcore gamer arh?

40" lah. no lah.. bigger screen.. easier to see when i trading.. LOL>.

Hello all,

Nice to see u guys still hanging ard. :sport-smiley-004:

42" LCD for PS3 or Xbox360 super siok! Is it Full HD? :notti:

40" lah.. no money for Full HD.. 1080P nia...

1366x768.. better then a normal xga ok liao ....

40" Can see the bull charge up even clearer. :lol:

Devilaz: So long didnt update ur reno page, a lot of ppls are waiting to see ur photos. :wub:

Hw is ur stay in JW?

is it? So many people waiting for mine pics meh? lolx...

Staying at home sweet home is indeed so different. Feel so happy about it. :lol:

What about u Cantona7? hows everything?

40" Can see the bull charge up even clearer. :lol:

Devilaz: So long didnt update ur reno page, a lot of ppls are waiting to see ur photos. :wub:

Hw is ur stay in JW?

ha ha ha..

what do you watch... how come got bull one.. lol...