Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
WoodandSand

Help Needed For Wall Tiles!

Hi everyone,

I noticed that in my bathroom, on the edge of the wall tiles, there is a PVC "piping" that covers the edge of the wall. It's something like cable trunking, except that it's rounded and much thinner. I have no idea what it's called, but my problem is I'm not sure what colour to use for that. My walls have 2 contrasting colours, light grey and black. Should I just go for one single colour or colours to match the tiles?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

you referring to PVC or tile material?

my kitchen wall tiles have something like mosaic over the edge coz normal tile cannot be bent to fit that area...

you referring to PVC or tile material?

my kitchen wall tiles have something like mosaic over the edge coz normal tile cannot be bent to fit that area...

it's PVC material, like the type used for plastic pipes.

Hi everyone,

I noticed that in my bathroom, on the edge of the wall tiles, there is a PVC "piping" that covers the edge of the wall. It's something like cable trunking, except that it's rounded and much thinner. I have no idea what it's called, but my problem is I'm not sure what colour to use for that. My walls have 2 contrasting colours, light grey and black. Should I just go for one single colour or colours to match the tiles?

I chose the color of the PVC to match the grouting color.

Hi everyone,

You can request your tiler to follow the wall tile colour which is to break PVC edging to match the adjoining wall tiles. There are many color to choose from. Otherwise, you can also request your tilers to add stainless steel inlay to finish up the corner. This is the easiest way to match but your tiler may request you to pay slightly more if they are greedy but within $50 per strip of inlay is reasonable as the inlay is not cheap and the work will be slightly more than normal

Edited by bullet

Hi hi,

I need help, it seems like now a days I seldom see people use the PVC for the corner (90 degree edge) of the walls or the edge of the steps of the floor. Is there any other way not to use the PVC? My wall tiles are white in surface but the rest of the tiles are cray colour. It seems like hard to joint the corner, I am wondering how the homo tiles joint at the 90degree edge without the PVC. Please advise. Thanks.

Another question, is it a must to have skirting for the walls in the living rooms? What is this Skirting for?

well u could probably just paint the pvc itself which i did (to gold :D)

as for skirting, normally it would mean lesser work in a way because if there's no skirting, the edge at which the floor tiles meet the wall have to be done well if not the gap would be very obvious. though i prefer without skirting too haha

cheers :D

Another question, is it a must to have skirting for the walls in the living rooms? What is this Skirting for?

No, it is not a must. In fact, you can do away with skirting, I find it is almost useless.

hi

can i ask if the pvc skirting at the corners of the tiles a must?

thanks

The plastic thingy is called a curb strip. If u dont wan to used the plastic curb strip u can ask yr tiler to grind the tiles to 45 degree. Once the two tiles are joined, its formed a 90 degree, this method is not popular coz alot work to ensure a straight vertical joint and the edges are usually weak bcos lack of cement paste within the joints. In the olden days, they used mosaic curb tiles for joining right angle. Is no longer popular nowadays after the pastic curb strip were introduced.

So my advise is better to used the plastic curb strip for right angle joint. As for color, it shld goes with yr tiles color. My tiles bottom are brown and the top is white color. I insist my tiler to get matching color of the plastic joint for my tile color. Below is the pic.

CIMG0684.jpg

Edited by blackcar

we have the same PVC trimming for our concrete sink base in toilet, and it kinda looks dated :(

IMG_0934.jpg

the entire edging of the base + half wall @ shower screen is covered in the PVC trimming - is there anything we can do to minimise the appearance?

will spray painting or epoxy painting help? what kind should be used?

thanks alot!