Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pineappletart

Bedroom Decor Tips

I ordered a bedroom set comparing a queen size bed, 2 side tables, a dresser and a sliding wardrobe

recently; they are all in the modern walnut colour, as I desire a modern feel.

Problem is the bed headboard is button-tufted (diamond layout), man-made leather, and not just a plain and simple one.

The items are not due for delivery yet, but somehow I am having second thoughts about the headboard,

although I don't have much of a choice since it comes with the set.

Will such a headboard design contradicts the intended theme of a modern look?

Do I have to pay special attention to bedsheets print designs when comes to buying bedsheets?

Appreciate if some expert advice could be provided as to what to do or avoid.

Million Thanks in advance!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I ordered a bedroom set comparing a queen size bed, 2 side tables, a dresser and a sliding wardrobe

recently; they are all in the modern walnut colour, as I desire a modern feel.

Problem is the bed headboard is button-tufted (diamond layout), man-made leather, and not just a plain and simple one.

The items are not due for delivery yet, but somehow I am having second thoughts about the headboard,

although I don't have much of a choice since it comes with the set.

Will such a headboard design contradicts the intended theme of a modern look?

Do I have to pay special attention to bedsheets print designs when comes to buying bedsheets?

Appreciate if some expert advice could be provided as to what to do or avoid.

Million Thanks in advance!

hi pineappletart,

I'm definitely no expert but would just like to reassure you that I don't think the "contradiction" is necessarily a bad one... "Modern" as a theme has been overused/ wrongly applied by many ... while modern mostly refers to clean, sleek lines and emphasizes function over form, i think your button-tufted headboard may be highlighted as a softer centrepiece of the bedroom that brings out the strong tones of the rest of the room... I'm imagining if u use strong, bold, single/double tone colours for your bedsheets (stripes and repeated prints should do fine too) or use some striking/ contrasting black/white decor ... do you have anything above the headboard? A pictures or some designs that will further accentuate the modern feel should do well... hope this makes your mood lighter! :dancingqueen:

Bedroom is the most private place where you rest at the end of the day. So it should be decorated and arranged in such a way that you can get maximum comfort and relaxation. It is also a place where couples experience intimacy and a close bond.So the décor of your bedroom should also be sensual and romantic. To turn your master bedrooms into a safe heaven try the following ideas.

• Choose a color for the walls of your bed room which is both relaxing and sensual. Some tranquil and peaceful colors like blue, soft yellow or light green will be ideal for it.

I think A bedroom should be a personal getaway, a sanctuary, which expresses your favorite colors, feelings, and collections. Learn the main rules to remember when decorating your bedroom.