Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
paikiapeng

Laminated flooring for living rm and bedrms

hi guys

has ANYONE ever heard of Krono-Fix? and has anyone ever used them? Kindly share as i was thinking of using them but no one ever seems to have used them before... thanks....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have heard of Kronofix but I'm confused if kronotex are also under them and just marketed under this name for Singapore/Asia countries ?

Me will also be doing laminate for whole house (i.e. living, dining and all bedrooms). Most likely will be using Kronotex.

hi all. i like to share my experience on laminate floorings with all of you. about 2 years ago, i wanted to use laminate flooring for my house and thus begin my search and had evaluated many brands and finally i decided on using a german brand, Wiparquet from Ram Asia Marketing.

the sales person, gary strongly recommended me to use Wiparquet and after evaluation, i decided and never regreted cos i am still very happy with my flooring after almost 2 years as it is still look as new as ever. never regreted paying a bit more cos the quality is very good. almost my whole house is covered with laminate flooring cos i like the feel of wood - my living, dining, guest rm, staircase, 3 bedrms and lobby - total about 1800sq ft.

gary, if you happen to be reading my posting, thanks for your recommendation and good service. hope my posting can help you generate more business.

cheers,

a genuine home owner

p/s gary - hp 96199019.

I'm planning to laminate my living/dining and bedrooms, but my ID recommended against laminating my living room - he said it may 'shift' and and certain sections may pop out if the area laminated is not regular (i.e. rectangular/square) - my living room is like 3-4 rectangles joined together so considered irregular.

Anyone experienced laminate pop-out before?

I'm planning to laminate my living/dining and bedrooms, but my ID recommended against laminating my living room - he said it may 'shift' and and certain sections may pop out if the area laminated is not regular (i.e. rectangular/square) - my living room is like 3-4 rectangles joined together so considered irregular.

Anyone experienced laminate pop-out before?

Laminate Flooring is general a float floor system which mean the laminated timber tiles are placed on top of your floor only. The only method to hold the pcs together is the design of the groove which join up the another pc with the protrusion. For a small area like bedroom is ok. Your ID is right if your area is too big. After laying, initially is ok. But after sometime, when you have often walk on it, the joints were pushed forward and backward without you know. This is what your ID mean by shifted and eventually causing a pop up if certain pc is "squeezed" too tight.

Hi,

anybody uses engineering flooring?

Bigger or longer than laminate flooring and impact resistant.(was told by an ID)

we were thinking of using granite for our 3rm hall and laminate for the bedrooms

The ID disencouraged us for granite flooring as the limited choice of color, cost & "chill" effect to our feet when walking(when we are old). He also mention that we need not hack the existing floor tiles as the engineering flooring can lay over.

any advise from the bro or sis?

regards

Phang

I have a question for everyone, reasonable practical one too.

If you're doing laminate for the bedrooms (or study in my case), will the laminate floor get easily scratched by a chair with roller wheels?

Of course over time I know there will be marks. But is laminate that resistant to scratches?

I'm wondering if I should buy one of those hard plastic sheets to put on the floor where my study chair will be...

Any ideas, thoughts or advice?