Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
raincole

How Long Have Your Id Firm Delay In The Handover

thanks all for the advice... i will take note...

:notti: Air, so you have not pay off the last 10%? how long have you stay in the renovated flat oredi?

raincole, the kitchen cabinets could be done up in a week... no problem.. that's wat my ID told me.. he said the issue is the solid surface... he himself is worried over the solid surface... the rest, he said should be ok...

I paid off the last 10% le...after i made sure that the defects are rectified already then i paid them...but after that, still spotted a bit of defects like the laminate skirting popped out...i just call my ID and told him to get ppl to come and rectify lor... it's pretty fast though

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
thanks all for the advice... i will take note...

:notti: Air, so you have not pay off the last 10%? how long have you stay in the renovated flat oredi?

raincole, the kitchen cabinets could be done up in a week... no problem.. that's wat my ID told me.. he said the issue is the solid surface... he himself is worried over the solid surface... the rest, he said should be ok...

A week, does that include weekend too? Solid top? Mine says at least 3 working days for solid top after cabinet completion. Kitchen cabinet can done by either Friday or Monday. So i'm thinking why not come and do on a Sat?? At least I get 1 more day earlier to start the solid top.

Sat, they can only work up to 12pm. so not advisable to start on sat. as contractors only have few hours to do it. so they would rather to start on monday.

Today supposed to finish the electrical work but noone came...

In that alone, I'm using 3 days whereby normally it takes a day for electrical works. Also, my false ceiling will be pushed back cos have to wait for the electrical work to be finished.

the truth is that even when your id told the contractor to go up on this date to do etc work

they can promise the id but end up last min contractor telling the id he cant make it due to certain reasons

2 many on going projects

lack of man power

man sick

accident etc

Today supposed to finish the electrical work but noone came...

In that alone, I'm using 3 days whereby normally it takes a day for electrical works. Also, my false ceiling will be pushed back cos have to wait for the electrical work to be finished.

you can talk to you ID. and ask them if you are working on commerical area and industrial area would you all delay here and there? They sure dont dare to answer. As company can sue them for delay and didnt meet on time for handover. So they LL have to settle it no matter what.

for HDB, condos etc etc most of them will give a lot of excuse here and there. :(

then you can tell them this who is going to pay for the delaying of work and didnt meet on schedule which you had promise and in the end we as payer who is suffering? :yamseng:

the truth is that even when your id told the contractor to go up on this date to do etc work

they can promise the id but end up last min contractor telling the id he cant make it due to certain reasons

2 many on going projects

lack of man power

man sick

accident etc

yes this i agree. i had heard a lot of this issues...

if it will to be me i would ask them.. ur company only have one capenter, one electrian etc etc... if no then i dont see the reason of delaying and didnt meet the deadline..

if got a lot of projects then ID should plan and organise time well. tell us one day in advance rather then last minute. :)

lack of man power, then dont take up so many projects and drag mine reno. :yamseng:

man sick: only one worker in your firm? :dunno:

accident: well this one i cant say, since they want to curse themself. :bangwall:

Oh, then I think I'm lucky. I'm the one who delay the handover rather than my ID...since I'm not in a hurry to move then. He said he has never seen anyone who is not enxious to move in. He thinks I'm odd...He is pretty good in chasing his contractors...

I made my last payment on the day of handover only. He told me to call him if I have any problem with the house.

:bangwall: mine too... mine ID told me if got problems he will come to settle it a.s.a.p.

I didnt chase him nor arguement with him. But still he always updated me now and then during renovation. Furthermore he do more that what we expected. Im glad that my ID had done a great job. and during cny time, he give us cny goodies. really glad. :yamseng:

2 many on going projects

lack of man power

man sick

accident etc

I agree that this is a very common problem. Whether is it a put up show between ID/contractor, at the end owner suffer. Hence, I've make it a point to ensure the capability of the company I engage, be very sure of what trade they are specialize in and make sure they are not so "busy". At least for the part of work, I'll have not so much of worry. At least, my contractor does all the work in-house and all the more they can hand over the work earlier than expected. I believe ID/Contractor that are too "busy" will always run into problem, either they forget this and that as too many things to remember, or remember thing for house A and wrongly install for house B, or when house A runs into problem, house B to Z will be force delayed due to delay of house A - like a train effect.