Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
raincole

How Long Have Your Id Firm Delay In The Handover

Hi, very frustrated with the id. Cos they can only say they will try their best and yet give lots of excuses when not completed. How many delays do you allow?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hihi :notti:

i just encountered this problem too!:dribble::sport-smiley-004: actually dun think can blame my ID.. he was as shocked as me when i told him my carpentry not upz yesterday.. supposed to be upz... he called carpenter.. found out carpenter kanna accident.. my carpentry can only be up next week... now i am frantically trying to change all my delivery dates, get new moving dates etc... headache....

but when i told my housemover, he said this is common excuse used.. :notti:

he said he heard many times when they cant handover...

anyone experienced such instances???

Thanks to my wife insist the ID to put in the contract, if delay, they will had to paid us $$$ per day basis, so the ID dun dare delay, and deliver 1 day earlier from the dateline :good:

Mine was delayed for about a week cos carpentry needs more time to fabricate then defects rectification ding ding dong dong in the end, whole handover delayed for 2 weeks....we are ok cos already expected this kinda thing to happen...plus we don't need the house urgently so to us, 2 weeks is still ok...but if drag more than 2 weeks then need to @#$%^ the ID or contractor liao...

i cant afford the delay loh.. cos need to shift in before end jul... :dancingqueen::dancingqueen::good:

wat should i do now???

See if you can request for other things to run in parallel. I suppose carpentry is one of the last few items to be done and then the solid surface will be up while the toilet and kitchen fittings are installed.

For example, to speed things up a little, you could

1) Decide and mark with your ID where your fittings will be installed

2) If the general acid wash + cleaning is done, clean up the areas that does not contain carpentry.

3) Check on the rest of the renovation and let your ID know what are the things you want them to rectify.

Basically the last part of the renovation can be hectic and time consuming, so that may affect when you move. For example, I spent the last few days just cleaning the house to prepare for all the furniture etc.

Mine was delayed for about a week plus because of carpentry and some other rectification. But then again, I didn't give my ID a fixed confirmed date to complete the entire renovation either, because I wasn't in a rush to move in.

Then I realised it's a bit past schedule, and I already booked my movers, so gave my ID final deadline, it was a mad rush and she did quite well in pressurising the carpenters to speed up also.

In the end, move in already, still got little rectifications here and there. haha.

Mine was delayed for about a week plus because of carpentry and some other rectification. But then again, I didn't give my ID a fixed confirmed date to complete the entire renovation either, because I wasn't in a rush to move in.

Then I realised it's a bit past schedule, and I already booked my movers, so gave my ID final deadline, it was a mad rush and she did quite well in pressurising the carpenters to speed up also.

In the end, move in already, still got little rectifications here and there. haha.

Ya me too even till now also spotted abit of defects here and there then on and off ask him to come and rectify....i didn't sign anything for the official handover...dun think there's a need to cos you will pay him the remaining part of the cost after you are completely satisfied

Really frustrating cos I also need to move in by mid-July.

Do you think the kitchen cabinet can be done in a week? Are they allowed to work on weekend too? Cos right now, I can countdown the days with my fingers.

thanks all for the advice... i will take note...

:bangwall: Air, so you have not pay off the last 10%? how long have you stay in the renovated flat oredi?

raincole, the kitchen cabinets could be done up in a week... no problem.. that's wat my ID told me.. he said the issue is the solid surface... he himself is worried over the solid surface... the rest, he said should be ok...

Well dont becuase of the delay issue and then not to pay the payment. Try and talk to your ID. Tell him to give you the fact. No point to lie.

When can it be settle without giving you so much problems? Like chip here and there. When capenters rush their work will ended up gaining more headaches. They will give more excuses like by saying like "you want to rush de ma... so this will be the output loh..." Then more headache and arguement will come. So best is talk to your ID tell them to give you a date and make sure all are to be done. If you tell him that i wont give this payment if things are not "sui sui" then they will do things already. Hope u know what i mean.

2nd: How to overcome this issues?

Well dont becuase of the delay issue and then not to pay the payment. Try and talk to your ID. Tell him to give you the fact. No point to lie.

When can it be settle without giving you so much problems? Like chip here and there. When capenters rush their work will ended up gaining more headaches. They will give more excuses like by saying like "you want to rush de ma... so this will be the output loh..." Then more headache and arguement will come. So best is talk to your ID tell them to give you a date and make sure all are to be done. If you tell him that i wont give this payment if things are not "sui sui" then they will do things already. Hope u know what i mean.

2nd: How to overcome this issues?

understooded.. thanks!:furious: will check with my ID and update you guys again.. :jawdrop: