Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Can spot the difference?? ignore the red plastic bag :D

defect5.gif

Full Height cabinet over-shot to my fridge base...

defect4.gif

defect3.gif

Then my fridge how?? 4cm gone... contractor had to return my fridge allowance...

then he need to exceed to the white wall tiles

defect6.gif

Edited by admin

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

This is a sample of the basket taken from showroom

Normally for pull out baskets - u give contractor the whole basket plus track/bracket measurement right?

He did my cabinet too big to fit 900mm basket w bracket, and said to mi that 900mm he mentioned is for basket size only...wat rubbish Even dare to say i give him to measurements late... Going to F* him. Since the cabinet too big, he say to add wood, easy for him to say... but it will be so ugly la...

basket1.gif

Tiles on floor – if u brush your barefoot on it, its kind of sharp edge. Thickness more then a sheet of A4 80gram paper (pink in colour)

A few of them around the house

defect2.gif

defect1.gif

Edited by reload72

Guest vinlee
This is a sample of the basket taken from showroom

Normally for pull out baskets - u give contractor the whole basket plus track/bracket measurement right?

He did my cabinet too big to fit 900mm basket w bracket, and said to mi that 900mm he mentioned is for basket size only...wat rubbish Even dare to say i give him to measurements late... Going to F* him. Since the cabinet too big, he say to add wood, easy for him to say... but it will be so ugly la...

basket1.gif

Tiles on floor – if u brush your barefoot on it, its kind of sharp edge. Thickness more then a sheet of A4 80gram paper (pink in colour)

A few of them around the house

defect2.gif

defect1.gif

I am so sorry the reno turn out this way.

I wonder how he handle big "landed house job" if he can't even handle a simple kitchen cabinet.

Morale of the story,

always take those people who come into forum from no-where,and blow such huge trumpet of their"so called" ID with spoonfuls of salt.Try to ask your contractor to redo according to the specifications which both of you agreed.

Its only right that he fulfilled what he is being paid for.

I really hope that it will be solve asap and everything will be back to the best!

I am sure the contractor will not want to see this happen.

Maybe it is unfortunate , maybe there is some miscommunication between the owner and the contractors, or maybe spec is not spell out well and maybe it was unlucky and one off incident.

Let him (contractor) ponder over the issue and hopefully he can get on the track and get the job done well.

I am sure he will also dont want to see customers unhappy with his jobs. If not, his rice bowl will be at stake! And everybody will run away.

Guest vinlee

Hi reload,

did he give you any working/detail drawings?

Are you saying that you only got this sketch???

You can ask him to re-do if he did not do according to specifications which was promise.

It helps if you have detail drawings from him.

so you could get a re-course should things blow up.

All the best.

Edited by admin

Hi reload,

did he give you any working/detail drawings?

Are you saying that you only got this sketch???

You can ask him to re-do if he did not do according to specifications which was promise.

It helps if you have detail drawings from him.

so you could get a re-course should things blow up.

All the best.

Vinlee, This is the only sketch he gave mi, a re-sketch coz the first one couldnt fit as its too big. No measurement indicated.

First day i open door (21Aug), i asked him over to have a better look at the actual place and he did some measurement. Therefore he had to re-sketch.

Wat kind of basket i wanted, measurement catalog were also given to him on the 21Aug... But now measurements are all out, and blame mi that i told him abt the basket when he had half done the cabinets in factory?? Obviously he had done the cabinet before viewing my place on 21Aug...

###########################################

Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 1:20 AM

To: Shirley Seah

Subject: FITTING OUT WORK AT BLK 302B #15-188

Hi Shirley,

Please find the attached quotation inclusive of Additional Order. We have also drafted the propose kitchen cabinet perspective for your consideration.

Please be inform that we have tried to submit your renovation permit application but was stopped with error message stating "Please check lessee status". It might be due to status not updated with HDB yet. We will try tomorrow morning again but if possible maybe you would like to check with HDB too on your status.

Meanwhile, we'll proceed the necessary preparation work first and shall meet up with you probably on Thursday evening to discuss further. Kindly also confirm if you are available on Sat or Sun to view the tiles again.

Thank you and best regards.

Aaron Seah

De Palmco Pte Ltd

############################################

He mentioned that the"chicken brand stainless steel" i wanted was very expensive, and suggest i look at the ones from his supplier

Same measurement as chicken brand mah... 900mm

His reply below beside my question

Time : Wed 22-Aug-07 10:37 AM

----- Original Message -----

To: Jenna email

Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 7:31 AM

Subject: RE: FITTING OUT WORK AT BLK 302B #15-188

Aaron

Pls re-do a new quotation? Am not comfortable with the present one.

After u had visited my actual place, dont think my kitchen part cost so much.

Do u have a sample of the s/s draw out basket? I would like to take a look. Please see attached

Supply 3 units of S/s Closet Basket (500mm X 480mm) @ $105 each

Supply 2 units of S/s Closet Basket (900mm X 480mm) @ $150 each

Thanks

#########################################

Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 10:06 PM

To: Shirley Seah

Subject: Re: FITTING OUT WORK AT BLK 302B #15-188

Just to keep you updated of work done for today.

a. Part of Kitchen floor hacked already

b. Completed cement screed to 2 bedrooms already

c. Completed haulage of sand and cement material

d. Completed laying all lighting and power point

e. Completed laying and altering water and sanitary pipe at kitchen

As for tomorrow our work is as follows :

a. Laying air con pipes

b. Lay cement screed to hall and passage

c. Erect cabinet, fridge and washing machine base

d. Plaster wall groove

We have also schedule to do the following by next week

a. Preliminary paint coat to all wall on Friday and Sat

b. Cornices, L-box and false ceiling on Mon and Tues

c. Hoist tiles Wed if we can confirm by sat

d. Lay tiles from Wed onward

By the way, how is the kitchen cabinet configuration? We have started preparing the material today already in our factory. Laminates and plywood delivered and cut to size. Will assemble them once you confirmed

We have also check on the status with HDB, they are still pending to update your data into the system as they claim the volume of handing over these 2 days is very high and they need some time to update it. I'll also try to follow up with them closely.

Hope you are happy with our service so far and we are confident to maintain the same throughout working with you.

Once again, Thank you and hope to see you tomorrow to discuss further.

Aaron Seah

De Palmco Pte Ltd

Edited by reload72

HI RELOAD

Relax....I am sure he will want to make your house look beautiful and not nightmare for himself.

It makes no good for him and his business.

Pple will run away if they know about his attitude and worksmanship.

I am sure he also dont want that to happen.

Just relax and wait for him to solve the problem swifty and good!

Guest vinlee

Hi reload,

it sounds like he is giving excuses on HDB system.

I thought it is all computerised and automated?

I am in the civil service, and I know about submissions and processes.

If he did submissions promptly, there is usually a fixed processing period.

Anyway, the drawing looks nothing more than a doodle ,

its highly un-professional and un-specificed at all.

There is no mention of materials and dimension,which is typical of shoddy contractors.

It also appears that he was asking you the configuration of the kitchen cabinets, why is it so????

I thought that the ID/contractors should be the one doing so?

I really wonder how they can handle landed jobs as they so claim.

Do you also have a copy of the work schedule before work started?

If you have it,you can use it against him to exert pressure,unless you are the one who make changes thus affecting his work.

Anyway,

try to reason with him.

I think he will try to obliged u.

all the best,keep us posted!

Hi reload,

There is no mention of materials and dimension,which is typical of shoddy contractors.

It also appears that he was asking you the configuration of the kitchen cabinets, why is it so????

If you have it,you can use it against him to exert pressure,unless you are the one who make changes thus affecting his work.

Anyway,

try to reason with him.

Wat work schedule?? daily progress??

Nothing... only sms or email wat was done and going to be done the next few days.

I really need some professional help...

I think he is the one that make his workers do double work. He anyhow install lights/water spray guns without using brain. At least ask the owner or suggest a suitable place to install first la...

The most ridiculous one is the dining light... install so high, shine wat? Tot shd be lower so that the yellow light will shine on the food to make it look good. He told mi that he was afraid that my head will knock against it... wah lau...i got table under it... how to knock? Best thing, he say he will try to extend as far as the extension wire allows.... then i found out from his workers that they had cut it... wanna extend cannot liao...Dont care, he had to do something abt it...

I wonder how many holes he/his workers had made all over the house and then putty back...sigh

:dunno::rofl:

shirleyspj@gmail.com

:unsure:
What's all 'wah' about?

Care to share?

Anything hidden?

ya... go to http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...mp;#entry209085

a lot of :furious: there, can feel it in the air...

VIN vs BULLET....

Well, what we want is a good contractor as we are paying ten of thousands of dollars for renovations.

Hi reload,

Anyway,

try to reason with him.

now you guz know why the wahs :jawdrop:8|8|

but vinlee is quite rite on this:

"it sounds like he is giving excuses on HDB system.

If he did submissions promptly, there is usually a fixed processing period."

coz even if computer got problem, they can go to HDB physically to do all submissions etc. or can go there to ask if there are any problems and can they submit phycially. SG govt system not so kuku one... we are not classify as one of the international top for nothing one leh :notti: !! SG ppl culture is kiasu, kiasee, kia lose face :sport-smiley-003::good::thumbs up::jammin:

some is kia boh - wife :sport-smiley-004::notti:

if you observe when you go HDB, there are many housing agents going physically there to do submissions, applications, etc. they can also use computer to do so, but some still prefer and used to going there physically. so there is no excuse of HDB computer system something wrong.

and also do get drawings that have dimension stated. its to safeguard both side, both the customer and the contractor, unless the contractor want to create grey area so that customers cannot do anything to them.

Guest vinlee
now you guz know why the wahs 8|:bow::o

but vinlee is quite rite on this:

"it sounds like he is giving excuses on HDB system.

If he did submissions promptly, there is usually a fixed processing period."

coz even if computer got problem, they can go to HDB physically to do all submissions etc. or can go there to ask if there are any problems and can they submit phycially. SG govt system not so kuku one... we are not classify as one of the international top for nothing one leh :help::dribble: SG ppl culture is kiasu, kiasee, kia lose face :good::good::bow:;)

some is kia boh - wife :bleah::deal:

if you observe when you go HDB, there are many housing agents going physically there to do submissions, applications, etc. they can also use computer to do so, but some still prefer and used to going there physically. so there is no excuse of HDB computer system something wrong.

and also do get drawings that have dimension stated. its to safeguard both side, both the customer and the contractor, unless the contractor want to create grey area so that customers cannot do anything to them.

well,at the end of the day,its the consumer at the losing end if the contractors renegades on his promises.

The usually loud and foulmouth one seem to be pretty sedated.

Busy fighting fire?

am sure he will be roused by now.

Pls comment on the laminate

OMG, this is like some horror story. i think u should be firm, give them like 1 week to settle everything else you write straight to forum to complain!

Guest vinlee
OMG, this is like some horror story. i think u should be firm, give them like 1 week to settle everything else you write straight to forum to complain!

I totally agree.

there is no workmanship to speak of at all.

I hope you dont mine my comment,

the next time someboady come into the forum out of nowhere,

and blew a trumpet so huge for a new and unheard of company,

chances are,the company belong to him.

take it with a huge pinch of salt.

Like i mentioned earlier, they can't even handle a HDB flat kitchen cabinet,

still talking so big about landed house and all,

I cant imagine the consequences should any landed owner approach this type of company.

anyway,

try to speak to a professional body to seek redress.

I hope you dont mine my comment,

the next time someboady come into the forum out of nowhere,

and blew a trumpet so huge for a new and unheard of company,

chances are,the company belong to him.

ya lor... now that trumpet sounding guy shut up already. dare not talk anymore else kena hantam left right centre :P by the forummers... he better think of how to rectify the problems! :jawdrop:

if he don't rectify the problems for reload72, dun worry, we forummers will help to make sure 'de palmco' is 'well known' in this forum! :o