Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hello ! We just bought our inter terrace recently.. the land size is 1600 sqft and build up it’s a 2500. 2 storey inter terrace.. when we bought the property we were told that it’s not difficult to build an attic… to our horror, we were totally wrong… so now we are stuck.. thinking to either do an A&A or tear down and rebuild. Any advise? Or good intro for good builders that are reasonably priced?? Appreciate the help 🙏🏻

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If you are going to tear down and rebuilt, you are looking at a cost of more than 1M. Do you have budget for this? If not, then the viable option is to just do an A&A.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Yueyue said:

I went to meet a builder today and he told me that my house can be done within 500k budget…

500k to rebuild? Rebuild back into a single storey house maybe hahahhaa 😂 Or perhaps what he meant is 500k budget + another 500k worth of variations/extra hidden costs after you sign the contract.

Harsh reality is that current construction costs for new erection you can expect minimally $325-$350/psf worth of GFA (note i'm not referring to "built-up" because that is a meaningless marketing term).

If you are saying 500k to A&A, that may be possible, but it still depends on what the scope of work is. For A&A works, expect around $275-$300/psf and above (assuming total redo of all interior+facade, and adding extra GFA). Could be lesser or could be more depending on the final scope within the A&A.