Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dragon-alex

Ceiling Fan - Anyone Using The Rega Brand?

Hi,

i've just purchased the following ceiling fan yesterday afternoon along the jalan besar:

Brand - Rega

Model - 688 Libra

Lighting holder - 3 lights (can choose to on 1 lights, 2 lights or 3 lights)

No remote control

3 energy saving bulbs provided

cash & carry

Price - S$200 nett

anyone using the rega fan? any comments??

Is it considered expensive? was told that its from USA but i beginning to doubt it as nowhere in the box mentioned it...even though the sample provided did indicate MADE in USA....is it the usual tactic from these shop whereby they show you one thing but gave you another look alike item..???

In fact, i was considering unisor brand (also cost $200 from another shop) instead of Rega...but somehow i was being pursuaded to buy this fan when i visited another shop...not sure did i make the right decision...any comments to offer??

Thanks in adv....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

i've just purchased the following ceiling fan yesterday afternoon along the jalan besar:

Brand - Rega

Model - 688 Libra

Lighting holder - 3 lights (can choose to on 1 lights, 2 lights or 3 lights)

No remote control

3 energy saving bulbs provided

cash & carry

Price - S$200 nett

anyone using the rega fan? any comments??

Is it considered expensive? was told that its from USA but i beginning to doubt it as nowhere in the box mentioned it...even though the sample provided did indicate MADE in USA....is it the usual tactic from these shop whereby they show you one thing but gave you another look alike item..???

In fact, i was considering unisor brand (also cost $200 from another shop) instead of Rega...but somehow i was being pursuaded to buy this fan when i visited another shop...not sure did i make the right decision...any comments to offer??

Thanks in adv....

OMG!

I went to the same shop yesterday (a lighting shop very near to HOE kEE and managed by just 1 small build man)......and discovered the fan i bought was actually from Taiwan instead of USA as he claimed previously...

In fact, Rega comes in two packaging..one that indicates its from 'USA' while the other doesnt(which he claimed its from taiwan)'....

when he was trying to persuade me to buy the fan from him previously, he shown me the box that indicate 'MADE in USA' to convince me that Rega is from USA! but what he actually handed me was the other packaging which is from taiwan!:P

so...if you do dropby that shop...pls be extreme careful when you deal with that guy....

OMG!

I went to the same shop yesterday (a lighting shop very near to HOE kEE and managed by just 1 small build man)......and discovered the fan i bought was actually from Taiwan instead of USA as he claimed previously...

In fact, Rega comes in two packaging..one that indicates its from 'USA' while the other doesnt(which he claimed its from taiwan)'....

when he was trying to persuade me to buy the fan from him previously, he shown me the box that indicate 'MADE in USA' to convince me that Rega is from USA! but what he actually handed me was the other packaging which is from taiwan!!!

so...if you do dropby that shop...pls be extreme careful when you deal with that guy....

My experience with Rega is absolutely bad, newly installed fans made a lot of noise even after changing new motor twice, was told that motor came from USA but apparently its a made in China motor, in conclusion, Rega sales and tactics are really sh*t, beware guys, need more info let me know.

Edited by cpunique

hi... i had 2 REGA ceiling fans recently installed at my house too. we ordered them from their jurong east outlet at IMM. the person who served us was steve ong, who was helpful and patient.

one was installed in the living room, while the other was in the kitchen. both fans have 56-inch blades. but only the one in the kitchen has 3 additional bulb-lightings attached.

anyway, our installation was done by a friendly malaysian-indian man.

the night after the installation, the ceiling fan in our kitchen did not pose any problem at all. its spinning was very smooth and silent. but the ceiling fan in our living room started to produce annoying occasional "CLICK CLICK CLICK" sounds, whenever we put the speed to MEDIUM. we have no problems with the LOW and HIGH speeds, though. strange...

the clicking sounds are not loud, unless the living room is quiet and you can easily hear them.

Edited by potong.icecream

While changeing to different brands of ceiling fan, can we use back the existing ceiling wall plug connector or need to drill and install new holes and hook?

I've had 4 regas installed in my house... been a year now... I get the occasional 'clickclick' sound from 1 of them but it seems to occur once in a while in low speed... currently the sound is not there...

My seller and installer was quite good and professional, he advised us on how to maximise efficiency of the fans and brought longer downrods for those parts of the ceiling of our flat that were a bit higher (our unit is top floor). We rarely ever need to set our fan speed to more than LOW.

Hope the setup lasts!

Cheers

hi... i had 2 REGA ceiling fans recently installed at my house too. we ordered them from their jurong east outlet at IMM. the person who served us was steve ong, who was helpful and patient.

one was installed in the living room, while the other was in the kitchen. both fans have 56-inch blades. but only the one in the kitchen has 3 additional bulb-lightings attached.

anyway, our installation was done by a friendly malaysian-indian man.

the night after the installation, the ceiling fan in our kitchen did not pose any problem at all. its spinning was very smooth and silent. but the ceiling fan in our living room started to produce annoying occasional "CLICK CLICK CLICK" sounds, whenever we put the speed to MEDIUM. we have no problems with the LOW and HIGH speeds, though. strange...

the clicking sounds are not loud, unless the living room is quiet and you can easily hear them.

Dear all

I've purchase the fans (4set) last year (less than 1 year) from the Sense N Bedeck IMM outlet and the lady boss keep hard selling the Rega 3381 to us. And my mum does not have a stand on it, so she purchase it.

after all the installation, all the fans are having problems. 1st set which is installed in the master room is having the 'clickclickclick' sound, especially in the night. we tried all the speed but still the same. Changed and repair 3 times on it, it remains the same. after some questions that i asked customer service and i insist on changing the motor of the fan, it went smooth for the night.  the sound of the fan is solved but it came the light issue. i was having disco lighting in the room while i turn on the switch. notify the customer service, come and repair etc, still the same. seems like their fans are having issue all the time?

2nd set which is installed in the common room - having the 'clickclickclick' sound (as usual) and it is loud till night unable to sleep. turn to the highest speed but no feel of the wind at all. it became so hot in the night and totally unable to fall asleep. told the customer service, and they did send it down the technician to repair. asked the guy and guess what he say, is like that the speed and the wind. I was so stunned and the words are totally different from what the lady boss told us. felt so cheated.

3rd set which is installed in the 2nd common room - no issued as seldom used.

4th set which is installed in the living room - turn on to the highest speed end up, no wind.

I was thinking if we are able to exchange the whole set to another brand. I really dont mind to top up any extra to get a better fan/brand which dont have any issues/problems instead keep calling the technician to come down.

anybody did try to exchange? pls share with me your experiences.

thank you