Sign in to follow this  
iltheas

Hoon Hoe Brothers (eagle Design)?

dono yet, need to talk to him tonite..

price of tile is slightly more than wat he given, wall tiles capped at 2.30

floor tiles capped at 2.80

our kitchen wall tiles and common toilet wall tiles are 2.40, floor are 2.80

the master toilet wall 2.60 and floor 2.50

the wardrobe he wants to charge as $300 for the hackin as he cliam that we didn't mention so he didn't quote but we did mention it and he did say can help us to hack at the same time.. so headache lo

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi summer,

How come change in price? Alot of discrepancies not? What are the changes that he proposed? Does it cound reasonable (though you wouldnt want to fork out more cash eh)?

hi sk, so sad, some change in price, will meet edmund to discuss.. i don think i want to spend more.. so see hows the end result.. meeting him after my work.. so now i have to see how.. can't hav good sleep tonite, pocket a hole lo..

this is the 1st disppointment he make, will continue to count till end of reno.. plus will see how's his after sales service too..

me also headache too, me also gor kneel cap problem, very painful lo, so that y i install a bathtub, at work need stand whole day really don wish at home shower also need to stand, sometimes so pain that really don wan to mve lo.. :wub:

yup wat you saw was the old pics of my house :sport-smiley-003:

hope things goes well, edmund jus inform me that tomo cant lay tiles cos his best tiler need one more day at another place, he don want to let others do cos my tiles need skillful pplto do :)

hope things turn up well, so my pig tile at my flat alread :dancingqueen:

so tomo day will do some piping for the worker can use for work :thumbs up:

my father best la, he even offer to draw my kitchen cabinets and electrical wire... he is electrician at construction site, so i tell edmund must relly do good job and don mess up with my dad :furious:

my dad even give me one stick to test for hollow tiles :~

super rite, so edmund will hav some stress, haha.. my dad really not easy to pass his old people standard wan, so edmund must really give me good work as mr inspector will check wan lo :~

Had met up with Mr Tan again yesterday. That was quite a tiring process. We met up to discuss on furniture layout, he took actualy measurements and seek our advise on interior display of our walk-in-wardrobe and some lightings' positions. Saw his group of workers to fix up the electrical wiring to prepare for the installation of L-Box in the living and dining area.

We spent nearly 6 hours for the entire discussion. Terrible day...din know it's such a chore eh.

Mr Tan will rush out the drawings for viewing soon. We still need to re-select our cabinets colours, choose paint colours, toilet accessories, oven models, lightings fixtures etc at another session.

Saw something done up for our foyer, quite pleased with the design.

Shall update the progress again.

Summer, HB & I sort of discussed the colours for the wall last time but din go into details cos we have yet to pick the colours/materials for the kitchen cabinets, wall tiles etc. That time still early to discuss eh.

Yup, saw ya house pics..are those pics taken before any reno? Guess, you would want to make a b4 and after transformation huh. zz My MIL just had a knee-cap surgery so my FIL needs to take care of her at home, they cant assist us for the reno inspect during operation hours. Likewise for my family, u know eh, .hubby not around, my dad just started his chemo treatment lately, my mum needs to take care of him (not much time to rest already let alone helping me to oversee reno inspection during the day) then my sisters also need to manage their own matters...thus cant rely on family to run errands or inspect reno for me. Must become superwoman liew..haa...They dun have much comments on our selection of materials and colours cos everything haven’t really started eh. I would say my mum is the hardest nut to crack in my reno project. Currently, only the floor tiles are almost done, she saw them when visited my hse last week then say me “not good” at selecting floor tiles’ colour...yellow yellow..not “Da Fang” enough.. :( then currently u know there’s this kitchen wall tiles issue and it’s yet to settle :D ...she said “how come you din see properly if they had written properly on the form or not?” (if I know the office gal dun know those stuffs I would have checked already lah...somemore it’s the office gal who intro me the model too). More :( . She sure got 1001 things to “complain” when more works are done. However, she offers to HELP me choose the colour of my cabinets and floor tiles colours if we do need to re-select again for the kitchen (that is if the HDB contractor is not going to redo and we wouldn’t want to spend more $ for re-hacking).

Was told that HB might return this Friday, so happy. At least I know there’s someone to share my workload soooooon liew. :)

I try to scan you a copy of my house layout by this week (if I rem). :P

oh sk and i also know you use mr tan i use 3d :P

you can see my existing hse conditions at the 3d thread :P you know wher la :P

hav you think of your walls colour? now my mum and my hb and mil all keep asking what colour here and there, :(

my mil esp :angry2: when she know we don do concrete support lo :bleah:

then my tile white she also complain tiles will turn yellow :)

really :)

my floor use gry tiles she also make noise :curse:

evrything she don wan throw due to she downgrade fm 4rm to 3rm she push to me :bangwall: i only take the useful wan those extra like display cabinet i don take lo, she keep on pushin lo, extra cleaning up la, cabinet can trap dust wan lo i everyday clean show case until i scare la at work at home still got showcase who wan lo :bleah: obly take her dinning table and tv console, which she say very new jus bought, then the next day she say look at the tv console also turn yellow use to be white when she grumble on my white

tiles :bleah:

haiz mil wat to do :bow: tired man luckily not staying with her

and me putting me cats in my flat 5 of them and she scared of cats :notti: not say i hate her la don wan her come my flat, jus she always quarrel wif my hb lo :P

i sure she don dare step into my flat wan lo :notti:

my hb and me had agreement, i will bring all 5 cats into my flat,

last time he scare of cats now he dare touch them a little litle bit, but the strays cats leh, my cats still don dare let him touch yet haiz..

hi sk, since you also doing reno at similar times as my, very excited, waiting to see your pics too, i didn't see your floorplan leh, only know urs new my is resale, :)

Hi bullet, I wont feel offended for no reason. :P

Mr Tan came to my parents' house yesterday and told me they had in fact have proceeded to work on on my project already before what HDB had given me as the deadline. :( They actually told the HDB worker to speed up if possible when they were clearing some work few days ago I think (somehow they met at some points of time at work last week). Yes, my contractor still carry on working on other areas in my project just that they dun leave expensive working equipment in my house. It's the tiling work that they need to put onhold for time being till the HDB workers finished their work (else it would be too messy placing many equipment around the house). Guess they also dun wanna see disputes wroking on same area eh. I also remember asking Mr Tan's workers to do spot checks on them if they do a proper job or not when doing my house reno. I am glad that the HDB contractors had finished the work way before the deadline given to me. Yeh.

Mr Tan keeps telling me he dun wanna see any delay in my project even if I told him I dun pressurise them with any deadlines...hehe..even tells me that "if late to complete work, then they would "eat" wind already". *chuckles*

Personally, I dun think they are giving excuses for delaying my project. It's me who like to 'postpone' finishing the project..heh. :notti:

That's great at least he is did not delay the work and at least get the work going. Earlier, I did not get the full picture. Truly, any delay for a direct contractor will cause additional labour cost and certainly he will eat "wind".

Hi bullet, I wont feel offended for no reason. ;)

Mr Tan came to my parents' house yesterday and told me they had in fact have proceeded to work on on my project already before what HDB had given me as the deadline. :bangwall: They actually told the HDB worker to speed up if possible when they were clearing some work few days ago I think (somehow they met at some points of time at work last week). Yes, my contractor still carry on working on other areas in my project just that they dun leave expensive working equipment in my house. It's the tiling work that they need to put onhold for time being till the HDB workers finished their work (else it would be too messy placing many equipment around the house). Guess they also dun wanna see disputes wroking on same area eh. I also remember asking Mr Tan's workers to do spot checks on them if they do a proper job or not when doing my house reno. I am glad that the HDB contractors had finished the work way before the deadline given to me. Yeh.

Mr Tan keeps telling me he dun wanna see any delay in my project even if I told him I dun pressurise them with any deadlines...hehe..even tells me that "if late to complete work, then they would "eat" wind already". *chuckles*

Personally, I dun think they are giving excuses for delaying my project. It's me who like to 'postpone' finishing the project..heh. :yamseng:

Edited by stoutkid

Mainly on the tiles still on-going cos my contractor's workers need to give way for the HDB workers to finish their job 1st on replacing tiles for my kitchen hollow wall tiles. They suggested this cos they dun "feel" secured enough to leave their barangs in my house cos there are other contractors around.

Then they haven't really finished tiling for other rooms, I would say it's about 70% done for floor tiles. Partly my fault too for last minute submission of another defect list to HDB for rectification.

Oh yah, I requested to change the original kitchen window panels leading to the service balcony (if u happen to know my floor layout) to the sliding type. That was done already.

What about you, summer? !!

Your situation is quite similar to my friend but seems that the contractor did not stop work at all. In fact my friend's contractor had help him to bug HDB contractor to do the work immediately when the worker is around. The explanation from the contractor is that when he's workers were around, they will know exactly whether the HDB contractor did a proper work. So by doing this extra mile, he manage to complete the work before the due date. Personally, "They suggested this cos they dun "feel" secured enough to leave their barangs in my house cos there are other contractors around" is an excuse to "stop/delay work". They might be too busy with too many project and had to find time to push the work. Don't you contractor have other things to continue while the HDB contractor rectifying the work? Things like plumbing, painting undercoat, electrical or likewise that do not disturb the rectification work? Or is it my guess is correct? Would it cause any delay to your completion date? This is merely my opinion and hope you don't feel offended

Mainly on the tiles still on-going cos my contractor's workers need to give way for the HDB workers to finish their job 1st on replacing tiles for my kitchen hollow wall tiles. They suggested this cos they dun "feel" secured enough to leave their barangs in my house cos there are other contractors around.

Then they haven't really finished tiling for other rooms, I would say it's about 70% done for floor tiles. Partly my fault too for last minute submission of another defect list to HDB for rectification.

Oh yah, I requested to change the original kitchen window panels leading to the service balcony (if u happen to know my floor layout) to the sliding type. That was done already.

What about you, summer? !!

Hi kwt121, I used to engaged myself in the same situation as you. :)

I would say my reno progression is rather gradual cos need to laise between the HDB & Mr's contractors at this period. My house defects are going to get fixed by end of this week hence Mr Tan's men had tentatively put a halt on their work.

I count myself as a non-fussy owner so as long as Mr Tan's able to produce a satisfactorily house for us to live in shall deem fit already. Plus, I think I give Mr Tan more "troubles" than the otherwise as he's helping my parents to do some very minor jobs in their house too.

My views on Mr Tan remain unchanged. Not much complaints yet as not much works have been done? Heh. :dunno: It could be good for some couples who have absolutely no idea on where or how to kick off their hse reno. Mr Tan is able to improvise them with his basic ideas/concepts for a start. Take a step further and get him to view his works physically by visiting his client' houses. I didnt sign on the dotted line before the house visits but after few appointments to see the different units altogether then we signed up with Mr Tan. I feel more secured after seeing his designs and workmanships before letting them to do our house reno.

It's good that Mr Tan has got his own electricians cos that also save my parents some times and troubles looking for another party to fix up some lights at their house (at nominal fees). :)

On other hand, I must admit that Im lazy to take pics but shall post up few pics once available or more reno works are done k. !!

Hi,

I'm also speaking to Mr Tan. His quotation is very competitive and he seemed to know his stuff. Only perhaps, he may seem to know so much that he has ideas of his own and it is quite difficult to impress upon him what we really want.

I've not yet sign with him but he is definitely my top 2 choice right now.

I will like to hear more feedback from others who have used him for renovation.

Particularly,

Ilthea: - Has he stared work with you? Do you have any interim feedback on how responsive he is and how good he is? Also, how did you get around the hoon hoe brothers registered under REDAC but not Eagle Design legal issue?

Stoutkid:- Have your positive image of Mr Tan change till date? Or has he been matching your expectations.

Any update on how good or bad Mr Tan is will be most helpful in helping me decide who to go with for the renovation. Thank you.