Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
iltheas

Hoon Hoe Brothers (eagle Design)?

want call him again instead of wait for him to call?

my from another company so kena complain of not being punctual by ppl, i also hav some hiccup with mine, but cant say hidden cost cos he never dare to ask for more except the final price add in 2 items that not wriiten in contract that suppose to b free, cos he find himself not earning enough.. tis is wat i felt.. cos i also work retail commission earner too. no commission things my collegues also don bother about customer.. tis is the real attitude of most sales staffs lo.. i believe wat ever you buy from feww dollars and even higher price.. you see ppl give attitude asp when you can sense they either earn low or no commssion due to much discount.. even if you walk into a brand shop, sales ppl look down on you if you look poor and shabby.. i went o a branded shop in taka.. kena down down though i got money to buy their things jus don bother to show, not dress shabby but jus withour branded on they still look down..

so got prob jus bring up and try see if can solved.. every reno no perfect perfect reno only come if owner close one eye

by the way your toilet tiles nice, i like that bright feel i also do bright bright cos me also bad eye sight.. 1000 deg close with astig lo

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Please check out the reno Eagle Design has done...... :)

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...4853&st=560

Right now I have some problem with my master bedroom walk in wardrobe's sliding door. The door seems to be arching so much that it touches the fix panel and once it slide, the paint dropped off. In the middle of August, I have called Mr Tan to ask him and/or his carpenter to come down to take a look and do something to it, but now it's the end of August and I have not hear from him.

What should I do next?

hee both .. you bought your bed? me headache leh, cos now my wardrobe i take out dono can ask others to do at cheaper price, broke le, cos we try to not to borrow so much cash..

Ok, will email you when I go home. With some pics too. My office blocks us from emailing liew. :( Cant email you during office hours.

Of course can come to our house when it's done loh. With furniture or what?

hi sk, can i see your quotation again? and you got pics on the items done yet? like to see them too.. is it ok if i go see your flat when also done?

initially he offer us to use white horse w/c their company has more discount, therefore slection of tiles hav more range, higher price, but we are not happy with the tiles there, so we went to see others, end up we select at another company with higher tag price in the tiles and according to him, he get less discount w this company, and as for the tiles we use is not those tiles w smooth edge, is those 90 degree angle tiles, as according to him, they charge him higher on the workmanship, so the tiles already higher than the price he allow us to choose and we select tiles not from white horse, so this extra and workmanship comes up abt $900 more..

we did went to white horse but really their tiles not nice, cant have the effect we wan, so he bought us to see others but got say others more exp... but wat come in was, if tiles not from white horse price cap will be diff..

Sound more like excuses than any other thing. If he gets a better discount, honestly, do you think he will revert the difference to you? Labour cost is calculated base on area and not the tiles; unless you are using something different like granite or marble. He should know and highlight to you initially when you have selected the tiles or he can also talk to his sub-con then you. Not everything come easy. Since he didn't advise you initially, and that you have opt for it and now worse....laid. Don't think this is a good reason to ask for more money. Once he start laying, it mean he had accepted the fact. Else, he should talk to you first if not acceptable, then he still can ask you to change tiles. Just lame excuse. If you give in this time, I believer he'll ask for more later. Better make clear everything now else stop work first till agreement made

initially he offer us to use white horse w/c their company has more discount, therefore slection of tiles hav more range, higher price, but we are not happy with the tiles there, so we went to see others, end up we select at another company with higher tag price in the tiles and according to him, he get less discount w this company, and as for the tiles we use is not those tiles w smooth edge, is those 90 degree angle tiles, as according to him, they charge him higher on the workmanship, so the tiles already higher than the price he allow us to choose and we select tiles not from white horse, so this extra and workmanship comes up abt $900 more..

we did went to white horse but really their tiles not nice, cant have the effect we wan, so he bought us to see others but got say others more exp... but wat come in was, if tiles not from white horse price cap will be diff..

now the tiles are put half way already leh.. so how? he was asking if we can share a bit of the extra $900 burden..

Firstly, why is there a discrepency of $900? Is it part of tiling? If you are not comfortable with the price, as a owner, you can don't sign on the contract. If he is not sure of the quantity, he can always request to re-confirm again on site, he also have the right not to offer till he is comfortable. If he had made a mistake than he have to accept the fact and not to ask for more. By misleading the customer that their price is reasonable, and later ask for more, do you think this is fair to the owner and other proposing competitors? I think you just stay firm and see what he got to say. If he play punk, it really tells his attitude and I think you better stop him early than later when all your money is swing away. Insist on stopping work if necessary and sort out things with him first. Really cannot ask for third party opinion and challenge him that you will engage other contractor to do his work if he fail to proceed since contract sign already. Such proceed such claim from him in full

Agree with Bullet, it's bst to talk things out again. Unless both parties agree to top/bear additional charges else dun do better.

Have bought my sofa, tv console and coffee table from home2be yesterday at liang court...so happy :) at leat a burden off the chest. Also bought my built in oven on friday at Kong Tai. Ariston brand.

Then went to find Mr Tan at his shop, cos Liang Court to Everton quite close so thought of popping down to select the colour of our wardrobe again cos that time I was told no stock on the design. Then Mr Tan happened to be there with a couple (whom I suspected to be intro by me). Strong feelings though. :bangwall: They signed with him too. Saw their dealings..hehe...

Anyway, the thing was, Mr Tan was asking us if we like to go to their factory to see our wardrobe and kitchen works. In fact, he had already selected a close design to the one we chosen before already...still acceptable...else I would get him to re-do entire thing. !! Saw the FOC pull -out tray given by MR Tan into one of our kitchen cabinet liew...large size type...very exquisite. Mr Tan said I "tan tio" cos he said this one cost $80 and the one given FOC is smaller type and costs $50. !! So we inspected the half-done and done items...very good workmanship!:bangwall: This we need to compliment. We spoken to the carpenter who done our kitchen and wardrobe cabinet...also compliment his neat skills.

Then Mr Tan also invited Hb and I to stay for the seventh month dinner. The factory is located at Tong Lee Building then all companies had their combine celeb dinner below the buidling .Then Mr Tan was the "towkay" for this yer so extend his welcome by inviting us for the dinner. :unsure: Keeps pouring us red wine..till me and HB became "lobsters" when travelling on the train. Tee hee..also saw his group of electricians and carpenters at the dinner. His own company's 7th month dinner to hold on monday so think we will need to postpone getting him to bring us around to buy our lightings.

Mr Tan told us all our built-in stuffs will be ready to install next week too. L Box already up. The aircon will be up tomorrow (latest). Then the furniture we bought will be delivered next Sat...need to be around when they arrive. Inspection is needed.

Shall update again tomorrow. We plan to visit the house every evening starting tomorrow. Hee.

talk to him jus now, he said he will bear the hackin cost, but as for the tiles, as i had selected from diff company, (he told me can select wall tiles $2.30 floor $2.80 from white horse), now i'm using LSH for tiles wall kitchen and common toilet $2.40, floor $2.80 master toilet wall $2.60 floor $2.50.. he said that LSH give their company less discount and that the tiles i selected is 90degrees typr easily chipped, tilers charge extra workmanship.. the tiles portion he said come up extra $900 on his side, he is askin how much we can help to top up, so how?

dono yet, need to talk to him tonite..

price of tile is slightly more than wat he given, wall tiles capped at 2.30

floor tiles capped at 2.80

our kitchen wall tiles and common toilet wall tiles are 2.40, floor are 2.80

the master toilet wall 2.60 and floor 2.50

the wardrobe he wants to charge as $300 for the hackin as he cliam that we didn't mention so he didn't quote but we did mention it and he did say can help us to hack at the same time.. so headache lo

Contract signed and work scope not finalise? Have they started work? I think you better sort out everything, point by point again before you allow them to start work; encounter sign every words they mentioned during discussion seen they did not want to honour their words. Else, they will think you are easy to deal with. Most services oriented ID/Contractor will not count till the last bit. Your tiles diff is not really that much, I think they can absorb it. How much can hacking of wardrobe? I think you better check thoroughly before they tell you to add this add that again....then you $$$ gone with the wind else you will get half done work.

Oh dear, hope to settle it nicely tonight.

No one would like to revise pricing when agreement has been signed (unless both parties agrees to change).