Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
h4happy

Can I Let Other Contractors Look At Other Contractor Quotation?

Hi All

Just want to know it is possible?

Cos' I encounter also other contractors asking me to show him the quotation for another contractor.

And told me let him do with the same price as what the contractor quote for you.

Please advise and thanks!!

HAPPY

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
You can do whatever you want with the quotation in your hand.

Hi WaiLeong

Thks for your info.

The contractor told me not to show to anyone.

I dont know the reason.

Guess he dont want others to undercut his quotation.

Happy

hi,

what you can do is to hide all the pricing but just show the items provided and ask the contractor to quote accordingly based on the list. Then from there you can compare.

And told me let him do with the same price as what the contractor quote for you.

I will straightaway tell him, if same price why should I let you do?? :wacko: The other contractor came first leh...

The point is, if you go comparing prices alone you will end up with a big headache. Everyone will try to throw you off with packages (eg $13k for a whole list of items and no breakdown), different unit rates (eg $/metre or $/ft), different freebies and so on.

The reno industry is very competitive and everyone is now almost quoting the same prices - you should instead compare their workmanship, reputation and services.

dont let the contractor see your other quotation.. not scare ppl copy but those contractors that askin to see ppl quotes tends to tell you they give lower and throw in more, if the really can do lower, why shd they look at others quote?

if they think that their profit is enough, they can auto lower for you, by lookin at your other quote is to honest at all.. you can simply tell them any k lower, see if they can match, frankly speakin, i don like this type of contractors/id, not sincere at quotations, if they think they quote low enough, they shd be confident with themselves, furthermore, most of the time, their costing is the same, not much diff in material lo.. is they want earn more or less profit lo.. :<

be careful who you hired, i got one telling me to show me others quote when i told him i drop them, end up yes they give lower price, but no sincere, i doubt they can do what i want..

Wow thanks every body for your quick response.

Yes I value worksmanship, especially floor and kitchen cabinet.

That is the most important item in my finalised checklist.

Even though someone quote me eg: $15,000 for 5 room and worksmanship is suck, I will not take it.

I am going to another big renovators id this afternoon.

Hopefully can streamdown / shortlist what I want.

I will be careful with those contractors trying to tell me they can match the other contractors quotation.

I still have 2 months plus hunting.

So I will take my time slowly.

I will update everybody again.

Thks!

HAPPY

Wow thanks every body for your quick response.

Yes I value worksmanship, especially floor and kitchen cabinet.

That is the most important item in my finalised checklist.

Even though someone quote me eg: $15,000 for 5 room and worksmanship is suck, I will not take it.

I am going to another big renovators id this afternoon.

Hopefully can streamdown / shortlist what I want.

I will be careful with those contractors trying to tell me they can match the other contractors quotation.

I still have 2 months plus hunting.

So I will take my time slowly.

I will update everybody again.

Thks!

HAPPY

I will straightaway tell him, if same price why should I let you do?? :dancingqueen: The other contractor came first leh...

The point is, if you go comparing prices alone you will end up with a big headache. Everyone will try to throw you off with packages (eg $13k for a whole list of items and no breakdown), different unit rates (eg $/metre or $/ft), different freebies and so on.

The reno industry is very competitive and everyone is now almost quoting the same prices - you should instead compare their workmanship, reputation and services.

hooray...I'm fully convince by zirhk3355. The price between contractor is nearly negligible. I think we pay the difference for workmanship, services and attitude. Especially now with so many webbie, we can easily check the rate. So workmanship, services and attitude is the value added thing that we must consider seriously. Id/contractor can quote you very cheap, but to earn they living, so if price is far too low, they will probably be cutting corners somewhere. Like the saying....you pay peanuts you get monkey, you suck their blood, you get vampire later.

If the contractor will to ask me to show others quotation and match the price, I'll probably tell him I'll get his quote and show to others to squeeze price and get others to do the job. Ask him if he is agreeable. I think this is very unprofessional. You can seriously drop him out of your list.

Hi Bullet, thanks. He is going to call me this week (I dont know when), I think I will jsut tell him I am not free for this month. Ask him to kiv.

BTW, how come the contractors like to show me the receipts other customers sign from him????

To prove that many customers indeed sign for his company???

Hi Bullet, thanks. He is going to call me this week (I dont know when), I think I will jsut tell him I am not free for this month. Ask him to kiv.

BTW, how come the contractors like to show me the receipts other customers sign from him????

Cos' they want to show u that they r reliable n want ur business

Hi Happy, U r welcome. You should work with more professional and service oriented people.

Contractors showing their receipt is to tell you they are capable to close deals as customer trust them. But frankly, this do not truly show their profile as utimately, delivery is more important than closing deal. Personally, I do not trust this sort of tactic; indeed I'll ask myself since they have so many deals, how can they manage my work properly. Besides, if they have so many deals, why should they lower themselves to tout around; "Touting" is as good as begging.

Hi Happy, U r welcome. You should work with more professional and service oriented people.

Contractors showing their receipt is to tell you they are capable to close deals as customer trust them. But frankly, this do not truly show their profile as utimately, delivery is more important than closing deal. Personally, I do not trust this sort of tactic; indeed I'll ask myself since they have so many deals, how can they manage my work properly. Besides, if they have so many deals, why should they lower themselves to tout around; "Touting" is as good as begging.

Hi Bullet

Thanks again for your information.

I will take note of that also.

Wow, it is indeed really scary to hear that.

I dont know that touting for customers is illegal.

Next time someone try to pull this trick on you again, straightaway tell him: "Oh, you got so many customers on hands now?? Hmmz, then I think I better not come in lor, otherwise you so busy, later screw up your schedule also not good..."

Next time someone try to pull this trick on you again, straightaway tell him: "Oh, you got so many customers on hands now?? Hmmz, then I think I better not come in lor, otherwise you so busy, later screw up your schedule also not good..."

Oh that is indeed a good response to give them.

You are right, if so many receipts, can they do my new unit good?

You are right!