Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MaCe

Money $$$ Not $$$ Enough Blog

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Has anyone installed the lights to come on with detection of motion using infrared sensor or any other sensor? !!

your house got public toilet ah?

your house got public toilet ah?

Don't know why you would link this to a public toilet. Such lighting automation features are usually available only in advance intelligent building. :notti:

Edited by bornfree

Hi Mace,

Just wondering if you know of any remedy to remove 'scorch-like marks' that appears on vitroceramic hobs?

I have this vitroceramic hob by Mayer. The Mayer staff say cannot use detergent to clean the hob. Can only wipe the hob with damp cloth followed by dry cloth after use.

Those marks appeared after a few days of usage. Small spots at first & later slightly bigger marks, it might be due to the saucepan bottom though. I can't seem to remove those scorch-like marks that are obvious on the black glass though. Any remedy for it?

Has anyone installed the lights to come on with detection of motion using infrared sensor or any other sensor? :notti:

go to applefreak's blog - she got install.

Don't know why you would link this to a public toilet. Such lighting automation features are usually available only in advance intelligent building. :furious:

maybe he DANGKEE....wahhaha :notti:

Hi Mace,

Just wondering if you know of any remedy to remove 'scorch-like marks' that appears on vitroceramic hobs?

I have this vitroceramic hob by Mayer. The Mayer staff say cannot use detergent to clean the hob. Can only wipe the hob with damp cloth followed by dry cloth after use.

Those marks appeared after a few days of usage. Small spots at first & later slightly bigger marks, it might be due to the saucepan bottom though. I can't seem to remove those scorch-like marks that are obvious on the black glass though. Any remedy for it?

you mean the marks are on the glass?

if yes, use thinner first try a small tiny area.

if thinner wont hurt the surface, then use acetone.

do this at your own risk hor...i have no idea what kind of material the marks are on.

Er..I also not sure if should take the risk since still under warranty though.

Vitroceramic types are similar to induction ones. All black glass I think but not sure what kind of material is the black part?

This is what I'm using currently :

aristondk302ixfk3.jpg

go to applefreak's blog - she got install.

maybe he DANGKEE....wahhaha :notti:

you mean the marks are on the glass?

if yes, use thinner first try a small tiny area.

if thinner wont hurt the surface, then use acetone.

do this at your own risk hor...i have no idea what kind of material the marks are on.

Er..I also not sure if should take the risk since still under warranty though.

Vitroceramic types are similar to induction ones. All black glass I think but not sure what kind of material is the black part?

This is what I'm using currently :

aristondk302ixfk3.jpg

use thinner first try a small tiny area.

if thinner wont hurt the surface, then use acetone(more powerful).

do this at your own risk

Okay thanks Mace.

Will try it out & see if it works? :dunno:

use thinner first try a small tiny area.

if thinner wont hurt the surface, then use acetone(more powerful).

do this at your own risk

Don't know why you would link this to a public toilet. Such lighting automation features are usually available only in advance intelligent building. :D

becoz so far i only see such features in public toilet lor so simple

MaCe,

Any idea where can i find those energy saving timer light? For foyer and lets say, auto switched on from 7pm - 7am (depending on time you set)?

MaCe,

Any idea where can i find those energy saving timer light? For foyer and lets say, auto switched on from 7pm - 7am (depending on time you set)?

most electrical shop(selling to contractors) have the timer. cost around $50+ looks ugly but very lasting!

try hong kwang. address and contact above this page.

Edited by MaCe

Have read thru a few pages of this topic and learnt many useful money saving tips and value for money products, salute to all the contributors.

I always thought that energy saving light bulbs really save electricity until I did a google on the net. Some people said they cost more to turn on, less to leave on, than conventional bulbs. The initial energy consumption would be approximately equal to 20 minutes of energy of a traditional light bulb. They are recommended only in places that one need to keep on for a long time, not switch on and off frequently ie. toilet. Another guy said the more often you off them, the more likely you will shorten their lifespan. 5 years ago, when we were doing reno in my parents flat, the ID used energy saving bulbs for all the lightings. I do not know their power watts. 2 years later, the bulb in the toilet died off. The 2 bulbs in my kitchen are still going well till now. So can I say that these people are telling the truth of energy saving bulbs?

When I was in a lighting shop looking at those energy saving bulbs, a shopper told me a Philips 20W bulb is only bright enough for small area like toilet and bathroom. Since Philips produces max. 20W bulbs, for bedrooms, he told me to go for higher power such as Hitachi 50W. I find his theory a bit weird to me, because a Philips 20W bulb produces the same brightness as a conventional 100W bulb. Does it mean that an equivalent 100W can't even brighten up a bedroom? :dancingqueen: