Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mizeon

Hobs Brands

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Any 1 can recommend the brand of hobs to get ?

Almost all are comparable. What is your budget?

2 or 3 burners? Glass or SS hob? Decide on this first before narrowing down on brands..

I was also in a dilemma over choosing hob/hood..

Because i am a first time house owner, so for me my deciding factors are prices & warranty.

Go to a few shops and ask ard. Take some time to decide..Many shops has different prices for same the models..

Frm what i know, Rinnai is suitable for chinese cuisine as the flame is strong.

Happy shopping... :yamseng:

hmm i guess to us, also wil b pricing and of cos muz b safe for use hee. since we seldom cook, so muz meet our budget. now also duno whether to get SS or glass one. is glass one safe? but SS one dun look as nice leh.. on the other hand, glass one is more ex hee.. dilemma :dunno:

as for hood wise, tink we need to get a chimney one cos of the design of our kitchen. but id propose to get a streamline chimney kind.. and i tink tat's again more ex haa..

any recommendations on any brands tat's more budget yet gd? :notti:

hmm i guess to us, also wil b pricing and of cos muz b safe for use hee. since we seldom cook, so muz meet our budget. now also duno whether to get SS or glass one. is glass one safe? but SS one dun look as nice leh.. on the other hand, glass one is more ex hee.. dilemma :dunno:

as for hood wise, tink we need to get a chimney one cos of the design of our kitchen. but id propose to get a streamline chimney kind.. and i tink tat's again more ex haa..

1 saw the hobs from Brandt and Turbo .. for 3 gas burners cost about 300+ ... is it reasonable ?

I think streamline is much more easier for his carpenter to install.. :notti:

Some contractors want to hv a easier way to earn your money..

But if you hv not buy your chimney, pse show the dimensions to your ID/carpenter whether

it can be mounted. Because for my case, my kitchen has a horizontal pillar. But luckily it can be mounted, if not it would be very troublesome..

Ya..glass hob is more EX then SS. But my wife and i prefer glass hob and most brands comes with 1 yr limited warranty. And if it breaks, it must be due to heat that causes the glass to crack. And not human error.

I got myself "HOBZ" glass hob and chimney hood. It a local brand. Comes with lifetime glass hob warranty

Take the risk and try... :notti:

Hope my gamble pays off..

But if you hv not buy your chimney, pse show the dimensions to your ID/carpenter whether

it can be mounted. Because for my case, my kitchen has a horizontal pillar. But luckily it can be mounted, if not it would be very troublesome..

Ya..glass hob is more EX then SS. But my wife and i prefer glass hob and most brands comes with 1 yr limited warranty. And if it breaks, it must be due to heat that causes the glass to crack. And not human error.

I got myself "HOBZ" glass hob and chimney hood. It a local brand. Comes with lifetime glass hob warranty

I'm thinking of getting ovens ... Is a conventionl better or microwave oven ? any brands to recommend ?

I bought the Hafela hood and hob...unique designs..but not sure if it is a reliable brand...but they have been around for a long long time....

i just went to buy my stove hob and exhaust hood today from a shop at jalan besar.

been having some problems with this as because of fengshui reason, we need to have the stove hob & exhaust hood directly at the window. Hence, we have to remove the window and totally plaster up that portion so that we can wall-mount the exhaust hood. due to extreme space limitation, i got a ELBA EH 733 stove hob (W730 x D430mm) and EF CK-Sigma black tempered glass exhaust hood (W600 x D450mm). Had a hard time finding a small exhaust hood at maximum 600mm width :(

finally found it today and got both with 1 year warranty. apparently both are from italy and from same company. now im worried that the small exhaust hood (smaller than the stove hob) does not have enough 'suction power'. what's more, my mum does cook quite abit.

btw, i think it's important that the exhaust hood be easy to clean and maintain. Had wanted to get a fujioh exhaust (but it's 900mm, so it's out). it has a see-through 'container' protuding at the base whereby you can easily remove to throw away the accumulated oil and the filters seem like they are really easy to wash. no need for charcoal whatever

Hi porkypig, I'm considering HOBZ too. Have you started using? How is it? Can share which model, price & which shop you got it from?

After walking thru those streets, below are the common brands u can find in most shops:

1) Rinnai

2) HOBZ

3) Turbo (limited distributor)

4) Rhoyxon (quite rare too)

5) Ellane

In terms of quality I prefer Rinnai, Ellane and lastly Hobz. Hobz seems to be a spinoff from a current brand, forgotten which brand.

After walking thru those streets, below are the common brands u can find in most shops:

1) Rinnai

2) HOBZ

3) Turbo (limited distributor)

4) Rhoyxon (quite rare too)

5) Ellane

In terms of quality I prefer Rinnai, Ellane and lastly Hobz. Hobz seems to be a spinoff from a current brand, forgotten which brand.

Spinoff from Ellane. HOBz is a local brand.

Hi porkypig, I'm considering HOBZ too. Have you started using? How is it? Can share which model, price & which shop you got it from?

Yup.. started using...I will PM you tonight...

Yup.. started using...I will PM you tonight...

Dear PorkyPig,

Thanks for the PM. I went to Poh Joo yesterday. For the same model of HOBZ cooker hob, the shop in Jln Besar quoted me $130 lesser than the shop in IMM, without having to bargain at all. I will buy it if my mom is game enough to try out glass hob. She cooks everyday, and loves to boil soup.

Dear PorkyPig,

Thanks for the PM. I went to Poh Joo yesterday. For the same model of HOBZ cooker hob, the shop in Jln Besar quoted me $130 lesser than the shop in IMM, without having to bargain at all. I will buy it if my mom is game enough to try out glass hob. She cooks everyday, and loves to boil soup.

This brand is also available at Chuan Heng Hardware..

Although it is lifetime warranty against glass hob breakage, but it does not cover accidental breakage if you drop something on the glasstop..Hope the salesperson has informed you..This applies to all brands..

I also had reservations on using glass hob but game enough to try and its easy cleaning after cooking...