Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yumiko

The Elements Of Home

Renovations can be daunting for first-timers like us, and we totally have no idea where to begin and what to do. I am thankful to renotalk for giving me to come out of the experience with some hard lessons learned that shared here; to prevent us from unexpected issues and setbacks along the way. So, please feel free to comment and guide us along…thank you thank you!!

Sourcing for contractors and IDs is really a tedious task. Repeating the same story and requirement with different people is driving us towards exhaustion. Should we choose based on the price, the design or their reputation? Clueless…Everyone is giving the advice that ‘there must be the chemistry between you and the ID that you engaged’ in order to lead the process to a success. Whether it is true, I am not sure because the chemistry should be both way, the ID can have the same thought whether we are the one he wants to work with as well, right? Nothing we can do with that, I am crossing finger that the renovation come smooth smooth to an end soon.

Hacking started on 24th November, 3 weeks++ to date, only tiling of both toilet floor/wall and kitchen wall were done. I can’t wait the handover day to arrive. I am looking forward to a comfortable and cozy home.

Here is the floor plan after the long-winded intro.

floorplanj.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

picture016w.jpg

picture010ek.jpg

can someone tell me how to upload a portrait photo? I have already rotated the image but when posted it here, it became like this also... :(

Edited by yumiko

nice and huge squarish layout!! :good: the living room area dun have any safety railing to prevent children from knocking onto the glass?

how come the MBR toilet is so large? :o

Edited by neubie

nice and huge squarish layout!! :good: the living room area dun have any safety railing to prevent children from knocking onto the glass?

how come the MBR toilet is so large? :o

The previous owner did not install window grill for whole house. We are going to place aluminium grill for all windows...

MBR toilet large? normal leh...all the bedrooms are relatively small... :(

The previous owner did not install window grill for whole house. We are going to place aluminium grill for all windows...

MBR toilet large? normal leh...all the bedrooms are relatively small... :(

I referring to ur this photo

picture020l.jpg

is the washbasin relocated into the MBR?

I referring to ur this photo

picture020l.jpg

is the washbasin relocated into the MBR?

oh, this washbasin is located at the kitchen entrance. Very funny, the previous owner has this washbasin at the living/dining room...

oh, this washbasin is located at the kitchen entrance. Very funny, the previous owner has this washbasin at the living/dining room...

that's what i thought so....hahaha, maybe ex-owner has a sterile and germ-free kitchen, every time step in must wash hand then enter :P

So which option you chose for your kitchen?

When I asked my family members opinion esp my mum (since she is the one who works in the kitchen most of the time); both options have equal opinion poll. So, we are the one who decide...we choose option 2 at the end

Kitchen 3D drawing: Option 2

1201royblk648bjwkitchen.jpg

Hi yumiko,

Nice design... though you might want to consider putting something on the glass panel to make it more visible?

Edited by yuene

IMHO, not really practical to put the glass partition, as it doesnt appear to serve any practical purpose at all.... restricts movement between fridge and sink....and potentially more cleaning....my 2 cents...