Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
quarkz

Our Cozy Home@jln Tenteram With Limited Budget

Hi,

Got my keys on 20th May. It's indeed quite stressing looking around for IDs.

Was actually thinking of do this do that ... estimated 20k.

However, some turn of events (it's a secret!) cause us to lower our budget quite a bit to around 11+ k.

Finally finalized on Javerson Wee from Dot N Tots Interior as our IDs. Was introduced to him thru sforshor's posting. He was patient and despite our budget reduction, he's still happy to accept our job!

Javerson told us our job is small, hence 3 - 4 wks should be enough. Can't wait to see our complete home!

Let's hope everything goes smoothly!

Edited by quarkz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The floor plan below. Since it's a resale flat, a no. of things such as walk-in wardrobe so already been done. To keep the budget down, we only redo the living / dining and bathroom and some touch-up.

gallery_60410_408_127542.jpg

Edited by quarkz

Hey, our 5 room resale is the mirror image of your place, but at another area, I will only be getting the keys in end July! Will be following your blog closely. But mine is quite an overhaul, will only be retaining the living room and bedroom flooring.. How old is your place? Mine is about 15 years old..

Went yesterday to select the tiles. I am mixing the old dining area tiles with the new living room ones, so they need to be as close a match as possible. The closest match one was out of stock, so have to choose the 2nd best ...

My ID recommended 2 colors for the bathroom for more contrast too.

gallery_60410_408_43387.jpg

Thanks guojiawen!

Been too busy with lots of big and small things.

I'll discuss a bit with the IDs which I contacted ...

First one I contacted was Manaf from Designer house. Guess most of you in this forum heard of them. It's closed to my place so I visited them to discuss abt what I want to do. Manaf was attentive and he told me he'll give me a quotation next wk, cos he's busy right now. After a week, he whatsapp me saying he'll give me a week later ... and then no news after that. Was a bit disappointed since the 1st impression was good.

Next was Zack from I-deal house. Similarly, attentive and he also gave some good suggestions. Unfortunately, his quotation was way too high, 1.5 times compared to the others. So of cos, I didn't look for him.

The 3rd was Javerson from Dot N Tots. He's young and energetic. Maybe not as experienced compared to some others but he seems sincere and attentive. However, he shows that he still knows his stuff well when I made some mistakes in my suggestions.

Next was Vincent from AP logic. From his talking, he's experienced and he also give some useful suggestions. Considered him till the end but maybe the chemistry isn't there.

The 5th is Justin from AL Render. Also an experienced guy but maybe I don't like the way his quotation is laid out. He groups all the hacking stuff together and I am not able to compare the cost directly with others. Also not much chemistry.

The last is Sebasten from Frontier concept. He's the guy who discuss the longest with me. He's more assertive but he also many useful suggestions too. We discussed twice for 2 hrs each and he's very detailed in his discussion. However, he kept on delaying giving me his quotation. He 1st said within 2-3days. Then no news. Called him since I feel that I should give him another chance. He told me he's on reservist and his secretary cock up... then he said he need to go jb last min ... can't believe he can give so many excuses.

So in the end, it's Javerson from DnT! Let's hope everything proceeds smoothly!

Hi,

Got my keys on 20th May. It's indeed quite stressing looking around for IDs.

Was actually thinking of do this do that ... estimated 20k.

However, some turn of events (it's a secret!) cause us to lower our budget quite a bit to around 11+ k.

Finally finalized on Javerson Wee from Dot N Tots Interior as our IDs. Was introduced to him thru sforshor's posting. He was patient and despite our budget reduction, he's still happy to accept our job!

Javerson told us our job is small, hence 3 - 4 wks should be enough. Can't wait to see our complete home!

Let's hope everything goes smoothly!

Dot N Tots! I was interested in their services too after reading sforshor blog. And best thing is i realise it was located just beside my friend house. Fated to pay them a visit. Haha.

Do share with us on their services good or not! :)

Edited by samuelmk