Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
club101

Where To Buy Crockery?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
anyone can help? looking for nice plates/bowls at reasonable prices. Anything besides Ikea?

NTUC Fairprice :dribble:

Tangs? Robinsons? Taka B1? However, all these places must go when they are having sale or GSS to really get things at a good discount.

anyone can help? looking for nice plates/bowls at reasonable prices. Anything besides Ikea?

NTUC Fairprice :(

wait till it's ur turn... u see if u'll get from fairprice ( if they carry any in the first place!) haha... :bangwall:

a friend of mine bought some wonder plate from Tangs if I'm not wrong... apparently it's ultra light weight, but crack resistant or something like that.. of course I wouldn't dare try ... :dunno: but it sure looks expensive! :deal:

Tangs? Robinsons? Taka B1? However, all these places must go when they are having sale or GSS to really get things at a good discount.

yup.. it's probably those 'tai-tai' plates... plate 10 times more expensive than the food on it... how to eat???? :dribble:

Hi,

you may want to read up these 2 topics on where to buy crockery:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12805

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10965

and from the above thread, there is a mention on Sia Huat company. below is the address & contact (but i am not sure is this the same Sia Huat that sells crockery as their website is not accessible and i had not checked out this shop before. Maybe can give them a ring to confirm.)

Sia Huat Pte Ltd

No. 7, 9 & 11 Temple Street Singapore 058559

tel: 62231732

fax: 62242896

Email: enquiry@siahuat.com.sg

Operating hours:

Mon - Fri : 8.30am to 6.30pm

Sat : 8.30am to 5.30pm

Closed on Sunday and public holidays

hope it helps :good:

Edited by leen

yup that is the correct shop.

I just went there @ lunch time !!

:notti: that's gd!:rofl: can roughly describe what do they sell there and what are the prices range like, staffs attitute, shop arrangement etc. for the benefit of all of us here?

as some of these shops got poor arrangement and vy cramp.

Hi,

you may want to read up these 2 topics on where to buy crockery:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12805

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10965

and from the above thread, there is a mention on Sia Huat company. below is the address & contact (but i am not sure is this the same Sia Huat that sells crockery as their website is not accessible and i had not checked out this shop before. Maybe can give them a ring to confirm.)

Sia Huat Pte Ltd

No. 7, 9 & 11 Temple Street Singapore 058559

tel: 62231732

fax: 62242896

Email: enquiry@siahuat.com.sg

Operating hours:

Mon - Fri : 8.30am to 6.30pm

Sat : 8.30am to 5.30pm

Closed on Sunday and public holidays

hope it helps :notti:

okie thanks! will try out Sia huat.

:dancingqueen: that's gd!:notti: can roughly describe what do they sell there and what are the prices range like, staffs attitute, shop arrangement etc. for the benefit of all of us here?

as some of these shops got poor arrangement and vy cramp.

They sell alot of thing leh like 5B.

- glassware

- bakeware

- knife

- cookware

- pans

- etc

price not sure, need to compare.

staff are friendly.

shop arrangement, tidy and clean.

nice place to shop :P

there are lots place to buy it.. try wal-mart and homedepot they are big brand and wil get you some good discount and free offers too..

hmm care to share the address of wal-mart and homedepot?

i've not seen them around :dancingqueen:

maybe they have not started branching out to singapore???

Which part of TPY? But feel that Oasis a bit ex. There are some nice porridge shops along serangoon rd (near the selegie bean curd shop). There is also another nice one near serangoon stadium.
hmm care to share the address of wal-mart and homedepot?

i've not seen them around :sport-smiley-004:

maybe they have not started branching out to singapore???

i thought walmart is at Oz? (the nearest branch??) don't seem to see them in SG leh. :bangwall:

Some places are already mentioned:

- Robinsons

- Tangs

- Isetan

- Takashimaya

If you want something more "high class", Laura Ashley (inside Taka) has some nice crockery too. But it's more flowery so it depends on your preferences.

high class ones include

1. tiffany

2. copenhagen

and many more at taka B1 8|

ya. if you go isetan scotts, the level where they sell kitchen hsehold, still got alot of brands, all ex ex, eg. Royal Albert, Royal Doulton, Narumi, Copenhagen, etc.

its nice for display to let your guests see and admire. but if you were eat with those you will eat ultra carefully. if you let your guests eat, they will use fork and knife and start scrapping over the nice nice plates and you will get scratches and ultimately heart attack :P

btw, i have been to Sia Huat and indeed like wat Simeiz says, its quite same for 5B except...

the crockery is cater more for hotel restaurants & cafes where international / bbq / seafood / cocktail buffet is held.

whereas 5B caters alot more to local food stores. 5B will has more variety.

in another word, Sia Huat is more upmkt type. but their prices for their better quality plates, etc. are reasonable at medium pricing.

and there are white dinner plate sets at Sia Huat.

the place is crowded but things are well displayed. ask for staffs' assistance should you require any items that you can't find, they are quite helpful.

hope the above helps.