Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

Where You All Buy Your Furniture?

I've been looking at the papers every Fri, Sat...that's when it's cramped with ads and stuff... but I notice ah... most of them bluff one. If they say the set FROM $399 means only got ONE SET at that price. *faints* the rest are above and sometimes way way way above.

I occasionally also take a look at neighbourhood shops and stuff... but it's so hard to buy...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I've been looking at the papers every Fri, Sat...that's when it's cramped with ads and stuff... but I notice ah... most of them bluff one. If they say the set FROM $399 means only got ONE SET at that price. *faints* the rest are above and sometimes way way way above.

I occasionally also take a look at neighbourhood shops and stuff... but it's so hard to buy...

You can try looking at S&C at AMK or IKEA?

i learn from one forumer here, wake up early in the morning on saturday...and go buy strait times...and find the sale, and rush to go to the shop

and i did it yesterday......bought sealy mattress for $899nett and only hv 3 set. mine is the last piece :notti:

no budget ....so need to find everything in cheap price but good in quality :lol:

i learn from one forumer here, wake up early in the morning on saturday...and go buy strait times...and find the sale, and rush to go to the shop

and i did it yesterday......bought sealy mattress for $899nett and only hv 3 set. mine is the last piece :notti:

no budget ....so need to find everything in cheap price but good in quality :lol:

I got a dining set from woodyme.livejournal.com....

it's the same as those out there (solid Nyatoh wood? ) but cheaper... anyone gt other suggestions?

sorry but S&C is? hehe *i swakoo*

hi there, S&C Furniture Dynamic is pretty popular at HOME & DECO forum under Singaporebrides, but not reali being mentioned in renotalk...u can refer to the link for other forumers comments...

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1223969888

address is as below

http://www.snc-furniture-dynamic.ws/

me oso bought a lot from there, reali like the service provided...satisfied with the reasonable pricing (tink their pricing is the cheapest for same quality of goods find elsewhere-i have been to a lot of furniture shops comparing prices for some furnitures) save a lot of $, and of cos no frustrations from the shop oso...Melvin is a very good and honest boss... ;P

hi there, S&C Furniture Dynamic is pretty popular at HOME & DECO forum under Singaporebrides, but not reali being mentioned in renotalk...u can refer to the link for other forumers comments...

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1223969888

address is as below

http://www.snc-furniture-dynamic.ws/

me oso bought a lot from there, reali like the service provided...satisfied with the reasonable pricing (tink their pricing is the cheapest for same quality of goods find elsewhere-i have been to a lot of furniture shops comparing prices for some furnitures) save a lot of $, and of cos no frustrations from the shop oso...Melvin is a very good and honest boss... ;P

Hi mind share what u have bought n the price? Thinking should pop down n see. Thanks.

My best experience came from Ikea, Robinson, Castilla

I went to this 7th storey furniture shop, Beng tuan, Defu, Nova.. experience aren't very good. Only bought from Nova due to this surprising helpful staff(heard that staff previously from Barang Barang.. thus account for the different service level)

Going to Ikea cannot be wrong... it may not be durable but the cost, value for money and service cannot match.

Hi mind share what u have bought n the price? Thinking should pop down n see. Thanks.

i have pm you the items i bought and the pricings, pls check... ;P

S&C oso like a wholesaler, so their pricing sure cheaper than outside, & we dun nid do much bargain since the price is already much lower (i hav been checking out prices of same items b4 i went to S&C)

Even if his factory in China did not manufacture some item (like the bookcase with the dimension i ask for), he still able to get it from his other furniture frd at very much lower price than we go direct to other furniture shops, hehe...

Dunno your budget range but if looking for cheap and presentable furnish, can go furniture warehouse, go furniturewarehouse send the benchmark first. can also drop by Nova to look,see. all at sungei kadut area. after this 2 place,move up the bar by going to cellini and uvonna. to me this are the 4 place worth mentioning. their prices reflect the quality of their products reasonably. but this kinda things quite subjective la. do note, sales happen alot during sat, can grab some good buys infact from designer labels. all the other "sales" can ignore, its an attempt to pull you there nia. but if you really go there. no matter how good the deals dont get pushed into making full payment. understand their terms and conditions before commiting any purchase.all must black and white ah,remember! ;)

Dunno your budget range but if looking for cheap and presentable furnish, can go furniture warehouse, go furniturewarehouse send the benchmark first. can also drop by Nova to look,see. all at sungei kadut area. after this 2 place,move up the bar by going to cellini and uvonna. to me this are the 4 place worth mentioning. their prices reflect the quality of their products reasonably. but this kinda things quite subjective la. do note, sales happen alot during sat, can grab some good buys infact from designer labels. all the other "sales" can ignore, its an attempt to pull you there nia. but if you really go there. no matter how good the deals dont get pushed into making full payment. understand their terms and conditions before commiting any purchase.all must black and white ah,remember! ;)

c from forum a lot of complaints on NOVA, etc...tink zero complaints so far is VHIVE and STAR FURNITURE which sell affortable furnitures with good service and wide range of furnitures...

alot complains on nova meh?my shopping expeience was good thou,sometimes we gotta see for ourselves rather then pass our judgement solely based on forums as they might be fictitious. dont think any company can operate at a larger scale claiming ZER0 complains incidents. it sums down to how they handle the issue. ;)

so far that Red"fruit" tops the RT "wall of flame" and yeah,went personally to experience their sales practice,and its close to what ppl describe them to be thus the rest of the accusations are prolly true to a certain extend but if you notice,hardly any strong 'evidence' like invoices or pictures of defective products are posted? thus will still give the company the benefit of doubt..their stuffs are quite nice actually.

anyway, its doesnt harm to look,see at nova stuffs or even Red"fruit" stuffs since they are all in that area,might as well browse for comparison. as mentioned, since ts didnt state his budget and expectations, thus mentioned a few ok ones + a few midrange ones. so she can move up the bar slowly then decide lo. felt that vhive's range of furniture not comprehensive enough to classify so didnt list although they might be the first stop to set the benchmark when u're looking for study tables and chairs. :good:

Vhive is not too bad. I got from them my current work chair. Nova.. I bought from them a dining table. Turn out still ok.. thru it is very messy wrt to its logistics as I learnt.

alot complains on nova meh?my shopping expeience was good thou,sometimes we gotta see for ourselves rather then pass our judgement solely based on forums as they might be fictitious. dont think any company can operate at a larger scale claiming ZER0 complains incidents. it sums down to how they handle the issue. ;)

so far that Red"fruit" tops the RT "wall of flame" and yeah,went personally to experience their sales practice,and its close to what ppl describe them to be thus the rest of the accusations are prolly true to a certain extend but if you notice,hardly any strong 'evidence' like invoices or pictures of defective products are posted? thus will still give the company the benefit of doubt..their stuffs are quite nice actually.

anyway, its doesnt harm to look,see at nova stuffs or even Red"fruit" stuffs since they are all in that area,might as well browse for comparison. as mentioned, since ts didnt state his budget and expectations, thus mentioned a few ok ones + a few midrange ones. so she can move up the bar slowly then decide lo. felt that vhive's range of furniture not comprehensive enough to classify so didnt list although they might be the first stop to set the benchmark when u're looking for study tables and chairs. :good:

i personally had went down NOVA showroom look look, but they reali hav some kind of attidude when we checked wif them on some items and pricings (tink they know we juz checking out pattern and pricing, & nt yet decided to buy on the same day)..fyi, complaints frm other forumers as follows - :curse:http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1222063206

for me, i tink service is very impt, before we reali set up our mind to make the purchase...if the service is poor and we cnt feel the sincerety of the salespax, even if we like the item, we will nt buy...

its true tat we cnt rely too much on forum, if 3 or 4pax gave negative comments, or gt mixture comments, prob will nt pay too much attention. But if more than 10pax gave negative comments and we can reali feel the frustrations, of cos definitely will nt waste time gg down to try out...

forum reali benefit a lot to me, cos i reali learn a lot from the forumers, from head to tail on renovation work, design ideas, where to purchase gd & worthwhile furnitures, & now is the time i pass my "learning" back to the new ones since i reali went thru all the good stuffs without much frustrations, hehe...tink the unlucky forumers oso wana share their bad experience with the rest, hopefully others can benefit and will nt be next victim... :sport-smiley-018:

my top furniture shops are S&C FURNITURE DYNAMIC, VHIVE (study table & pedestrial & showcase), STAR FURNITURE (sofa, divan, etc)... :yamseng:

I was at Furniture mall yesterday. I got a shoe rack from Star Furniture, the sales staff is very nice and she make u feel comfortable walking around in the shop. Then I went to Novena... The sales person is very helpful too, make me feel very comfortable and not pushy to ask me buy anything from them. I got a bookcase from Novena in the end. I also went to Lorenzo and wanted to get a side table, it is cash n carry and I found some chips on it.. The sales person said it is like that and they can touch up... Though she is quite friendly... I find it kinda shock that she said that... My wife don't want to get a defected item so we didn't get it in the end... The sales girl told me there is another bigger branch at Sims drive and asked me to go n see, there could have more pieces and can get perfect quality one...

By the way... Novena and Nova are 2 different companies right? I try to search for any review on Novena but couldn't find...

Anyway, both items will be delivered to my place tomorrow, hope they don't screw me up... :)