Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pixiepixel

Pixiepixel's Pixilated Home

hello all

after much researching and stalking in renotalk, have decided to start my own t-blog as today was my first meetup with an ID (out of ~ 10 choices).

furthermore, would seem appropriate to start the t-blog as today mark my 30-ish birthday - haiz, old old old bird

below is my floorplan:-

81840177.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

just a summarized journey:

bought our first home in Sengkang 5 years ago. Renovated by Free Space Intent, for a mere 25K with a minimalist, bold, industrial look.

We have cement flooring, red accents, wallpapers (got time will upload the place featured in home & decor magazine)...

Fast forward to 5 years later, with a 2.5yr old son, time to stay near my IL place, so that we dont have to be weekend parents.

Imagining me (almost everyday):

sengkang - work (chai chee); work - jurong east (to visit my son & glup down dinner); JE to SK

you could say i cover the many points of SG within a day...the rush is draining us out so time to sell off our 4rm unit once it reaches maturity and pay sky high prices for a resale 5I point block unit in JE (6 blks away from il's place, yahoo!)...

will post "before" pictures when i have the energy...

thank you jaskel

you free to do my place instead? hahaha

Tot u looked for edmund already? :D Happy birthday to u too.

What you intend to do for your new unit?

yes looked for edmund but may not necessary engage him in the end as i have just started my shortlisting selection.

intend to overhaul everything (except to keep the parquet flooring of the bedrooms and dining area)

btw, can i check with you how long it takes to "overhaul" a 5rm (including hack and build walls etc)? i only have a 1.5mths window period for renovation due to the sale of my current flat vs the new purchase :bangwall:

yes looked for edmund but may not necessary engage him in the end as i have just started my shortlisting selection.

intend to overhaul everything (except to keep the parquet flooring of the bedrooms and dining area)

btw, can i check with you how long it takes to "overhaul" a 5rm (including hack and build walls etc)? i only have a 1.5mths window period for renovation due to the sale of my current flat vs the new purchase :bangwall:

Ard 6-8weeks, if HDB approve fast fast for the hacked wall then better still, normally took 1 week for them to approve for walls. So when will be your 2nd appt.?

Ard 6-8weeks, if HDB approve fast fast for the hacked wall then better still, normally took 1 week for them to approve for walls. So when will be your 2nd appt.?

long long way to go...28th oct (if everyone, including HDB sticks to our "preferred" schedule).

however, owner will move out 2 weeks prior to the 2nd appt. hence the .5mths extra

can i "pre-apply" (aka apply first before reno starts) the HDB permit for all the hacking and whatnot? so that i do not need to "waste" the 1 week?

long long way to go...28th oct (if everyone, including HDB sticks to our "preferred" schedule).

however, owner will move out 2 weeks prior to the 2nd appt. hence the .5mths extra

can i "pre-apply" (aka apply first before reno starts) the HDB permit for all the hacking and whatnot? so that i do not need to "waste" the 1 week?

Can, but need the owner to sign the indemnity form prior for reno to start early before 2nd appt.

just a summarized journey:

bought our first home in Sengkang 5 years ago. Renovated by Free Space Intent, for a mere 25K with a minimalist, bold, industrial look.

We have cement flooring, red accents, wallpapers (got time will upload the place featured in home & decor magazine)...

Fast forward to 5 years later, with a 2.5yr old son, time to stay near my IL place, so that we dont have to be weekend parents.

Imagining me (almost everyday):

sengkang - work (chai chee); work - jurong east (to visit my son & glup down dinner); JE to SK

you could say i cover the many points of SG within a day...the rush is draining us out so time to sell off our 4rm unit once it reaches maturity and pay sky high prices for a resale 5I point block unit in JE (6 blks away from il's place, yahoo!)...

will post "before" pictures when i have the energy...

welcome to RT! your sengkang home sounds interesting! show pics!! :D

and i cannot imagine having to travel around SG like u do everyday..my goodness..lucky you found a place close to IL's..

ok here are some low resolution pic when it was just done up. now, it looks like a bomb with things scattered everywhere

i didnt have pics of my masterbedroom toilet. this was done up nicely too but never had a chance to take pictures....maybe do so tonight :D

view of living room when you are at main door foyer

93716936.jpg

living room view

81397439.jpg

simple masterbedroom

22341502.jpg

kitchen (half view)

41769351.jpg

view of living room from platform/windows area

28420214.jpg

...cont

on our platform, we had a display case

86495363.jpg

*LR windows is on the right

my pair of turntables which i requested the ID to fashioned them into clear glass top movable coffee tables or side tables

93307160.jpg

Edited by pixiepixel

ok will be meeting the following contractors/designers:

Design Practice

s*y cre*ti0n

White Space Living

Design Channel

Free Space Intent

IDzign

IR Design

anyone have positive or negative feedback about the above?

(so that i can strike them off the list without wasting trips to visit them)

edit: the 2nd one has been edited out by the forum; does that mean they are being blacklisted?? :o

Edited by pixiepixel