Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
istel

Yet Another 3rm In Tpy

Hi everyone!

Have been lurking in this forum for almost half a year.

I realized that I've viewed the sections gradually from the Home planning forums when I was contemplating my resale flat purchase to the Renovation forums now that I'm awaiting for the second appointment and planning my renovation for my new place. I'm also peeking around the Post Renovation forum to better understand what appliances I should be getting for my new place :D The user community here is truly helpful and I hope to be able to contribute a little to this wonderful forum.

I've privately msged some of the forumites for renovation advice and I must thank neubie bro for being so willing to share his reno cost with me.

I've not given HDB the 5 bucks for the floorplan yet so I'll be leaving this space empty a while until when I have it. However, my layout is exactly the same as any other 3rm TPY flats with utility room so I think it's not hard for anyone to imagine what it's like.

[edited: paid the 5 bucks and here's the floor plan. Not sure why the kitchen/living wall is still in the floorplan, it's already been knocked down long long ago...]

floorplana.jpg

The renovations that I've planned to do however are: got some advice from bros here, re-looking the list

- Overlay laminates for the living, master and common room Planning to outsource to floorOption or floorXpert, hence not included in the 16k budget

- Overlay tiles for my kitchen floor, walls and utility room floor

- Overhaul the shower room and toilet + hacking of the walls like what dexufto bro has done in his design plan

- Relay the electric cables planning to outsource direct to contractor also, not included in 16k budget

- Hacking of the current wardrobe and kitchen cabinet

- Installation of new kitchen cabinet

- Creation of a two piece hanging shelf for my tv think that I'll look into quotes and see if I should do this or not

- Repaint of walls for the entire flat planning to outsource direct to contractor also, not included in 16k budget

I've planned for a budget around 16K for the activities above... I would hope if the bros and sisters in this forum find it doable?

Activities that I would like to do outside the renovation budget that I've listed above are:

- Installation of ceiling fan in living room

- Installation of aircon system in the two bedrooms inverter system type, any brands I should avoid?

- Replace all the doors currently in the house as well as the front gate

- Glass partition to separate the kitchen from the living room as the wall linking the kitchen to living has been hacked down by previous owner might not do it if it exceeds my budget by too much as well...

Hope to hear everyone's comment while I source for contractors/IDs in the meantime :)

Cheers!

Edited by istel

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

<reserved for pics of flat before renovation commences>

Current owner's floor plan

currentownerfloorplan.jpg

Wardrobe in Master Room

img0015nh.th.jpg

Kitchen Cabinet

img0029fr.th.jpg

Edited by istel

<reserved for pics of flat after renovation completes>

Hopefully, this is what the floor plan will look like after renovation without furnitures...

Proposed Floorplan v1.0

afterrenovationfloorpla.jpg

Proposed Floorplan v1.1 (With Furnishings, furniture, electric work points)

withfurnishings.jpg

Red Lines for Power socket points

Yellowish Lines for Light switches

Edited by istel

Hi everyone!

Have been lurking in this forum for almost half a year.

I realized that I've viewed the sections gradually from the Home planning forums when I was contemplating my resale flat purchase to the Renovation forums now that I'm awaiting for the second appointment and planning my renovation for my new place. I'm also peeking around the Post Renovation forum to better understand what appliances I should be getting for my new place :D The user community here is truly helpful and I hope to be able to contribute a little to this wonderful forum.

I've privately msged some of the forumites for renovation advice and I must thank neubie bro for being so willing to share his reno cost with me.

I've not given HDB the 5 bucks for the floorplan yet so I'll be leaving this space empty a while until when I have it. However, my layout is exactly the same as any other 3rm TPY flats with utility room so I think it's not hard for anyone to imagine what it's like.

The renovations that I've planned to do however are:

- Overlay laminates for the living, master and common room

- Overlay tiles for my kitchen floor, walls and utility room floor

- Overhaul the shower room and toilet + hacking of the walls like what dexufto bro has done in his design plan

- Relay the electric cables

- Hacking of the current wardrobe and kitchen cabinet

- Installation of new kitchen cabinet

- Creation of a two piece hanging shelf for my tv

- Repaint of walls for the entire flat

I've planned for a budget around 16K for the activities above... I would hope if the bros and sisters in this forum find it doable?

Activities that I would like to do outside the renovation budget that I've listed above are:

- Installation of ceiling fan in living room

- Installation of aircon system in the two bedrooms

- Replace all the doors currently in the house as well as the front gate

- Glass partition to separate the kitchen from the living room as the wall linking the kitchen to living has been hacked down by previous owner

Hope to hear everyone's comment while I source for contractors/IDs in the meantime :)

Cheers!

Welcome to RT. Hope to see your pics soon.

Hi Istel,

Good to see that you're working on your T-blog, hope I'm not too late to welcome you in here.

$16k is a bit tight should you require extensive hacking & mansory work, else $16k is sufficient with all the basic renovation as offered by most contractors as a package. Get 3 quotes and weigh your choices (include the elctrical works/painting works- who knows your contractor might offer a better deal. At the most strike-off from the list if you find it unreasonable, 10-20% maybe acceptable IMHO). All the best.

=painting: check out this site

=Installation of ceiling fan:

Yes, Goobie, Ossify, Neubie has done it before. Will be doing for myself too.

=Installation of aircon system in the two bedrooms inverter system type, any brands I should avoid?

In terms of efficiency of the aircone check out NEA database (in my T-blog), choose an A/C with highest COP, Daikin. It gives you the best value. Mitishibishi electric is said to be better in terms of cleaning. LG(artcool) IMHO is nice to look at but not an efficient a/c. Check out the a/c thread for more discussion.

=Replace all the doors currently in the house as well as the front gate

There are different doors in the market; ranging from classic doors (~$160) to semi-solid (honeycomb) to Veneer solid door (~$500), do note that main doors are more expensive cos it is required to be a Solid Door- all wood. And should your door(apt) be located 2m from common lift landing/ staircase, it is reqiured to be Fire-retardant (additional of ~$200)

= Glass partition to separate the kitchen from the living room as the wall linking the kitchen to living has been hacked down by previous owner

Glass sliping door depends of top-hung only, how big a piece (how long is the fixed panel and how long is the slide).

Do take note if this whole piece of glass is able to fit in your lift. Additional charges will incurr if they have to handcarry up. Worst, they maynot deal as they it unecomonical to waste the manhours to do so.

This applies to full panel-mirror as well.

Blesglas quoted me $1870 for 2.1m glass tophung, my contractor charges me at 70% of price (don't know think you can get his price individually). Check with Neubie, think he did mentioned his source.

Edited by dexufto

Cheers bro,

Thanks a lot for the welcome, am trying to work out my quote now also so your advice was very useful.

Will update again once I've talked to your contractor :)

In the mean time, I'll post some pictures of the current apartment.

Cheers

Hi Istel,

Good to see that you're working on your T-blog, hope I'm not too late to welcome you in here.

$16k is a bit tight should you require extensive hacking & mansory work, else $16k is sufficient with all the basic renovation as offered by most contractors as a package. Get 3 quotes and weigh your choices (include the elctrical works/painting works- who knows your contractor might offer a better deal. At the most strike-off from the list if you find it unreasonable, 10-20% maybe acceptable IMHO). All the best.

=painting: check out this site

=Installation of ceiling fan:

Yes, Goobie, Ossify, Neubie has done it before. Will be doing for myself too.

=Installation of aircon system in the two bedrooms inverter system type, any brands I should avoid?

In terms of efficiency of the aircone check out NEA database (in my T-blog), choose an A/C with highest COP, Daikin. It gives you the best value. Mitishibishi electric is said to be better in terms of cleaning. LG(artcool) IMHO is nice to look at but not an efficient a/c. Check out the a/c thread for more discussion.

=Replace all the doors currently in the house as well as the front gate

There are different doors in the market; ranging from classic doors (~$160) to semi-solid (honeycomb) to Veneer solid door (~$500), do note that main doors are more expensive cos it is required to be a Solid Door- all wood. And should your door(apt) be located 2m from common lift landing/ staircase, it is reqiured to be Fire-retardant (additional of ~$200)

= Glass partition to separate the kitchen from the living room as the wall linking the kitchen to living has been hacked down by previous owner

Glass sliping door depends of top-hung only, how big a piece (how long is the fixed panel and how long is the slide).

Do take note if this whole piece of glass is able to fit in your lift. Additional charges will incurr if they have to handcarry up. Worst, they maynot deal as they it unecomonical to waste the manhours to do so.

This applies to full panel-mirror as well.

Blesglas quoted me $1870 for 2.1m glass tophung, my contractor charges me at 70% of price (don't know think you can get his price individually). Check with Neubie, think he did mentioned his source.

kitchen wall/floor tiles looks fresh and new.... :)

Missus hates the color blue... Wants me to revamp the kitchen tiles due to that -_-

Missus hates the color blue... Wants me to revamp the kitchen tiles due to that -_-

Posted up my floorplan... Will be updating this space more regularly from now on :)