Sign in to follow this  
mistgun

My 3ng Home At Yishun

kitchenlayout.jpg

Reno Start Date: 30th Nov 2010

Handover Date: 22nd Jan 2011

Hacking completed.

Tiling work in progress.

Anyone know where to find a good and reliable door divider between the kitchen and living area.

The divider the size must be customizable as my current entrance between the kitchen and living area is quite big..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
kitchenlayout.jpg

Reno Start Date: 30th Nov 2010

Handover Date: 22nd Jan 2011

Hacking completed.

Tiling work in progress.

Anyone know where to find a good and reliable door divider between the kitchen and living area.

The divider the size must be customizable as my current entrance between the kitchen and living area is quite big..

another 3roomer :thumbs up: welcome!

ur layout just like mine 1, how much of ur quotation and which contractor u engaged to? thanks

My reno cost is around 25K.

Hacking of all tiles.

Relay of the wall and floor tiles in my kitchen, living, store room,

Hacking of one of my store room wall.

Rebuild the wall nearer to the kitchen side. Making my living space bigger to put my dining table.

Kitchen cabinet 14ft inclusive of solid surface top

Change of toilet, store room and my 2 room doors. 2 veneer door and 3 bi fold door.

electrical rewiring for whole unit

Edited by mistgun

Shopping in jb.. A very tiring trip

Rented a car from Chan Car's rental.. weekend must rent 2 day..

2 day for $220 not inclusive of gst

Came back with 1 car full load of things including the back row seats.

Went to Tmn Johor Jaya

1) Best Electrical Lighting..

Not worth going.. Only one taukeh aunty serving.. No time to entertain us as a lot of ppl came in and out her shop.. The list of item there so so..

Waste of my time going there

2) Went to Ginmit Trading (Aldeco Living) main branch at jalan seroja taman johor (have more display set and stocks to see). Closed at 6pm Mon to Sat. Not open on Sunday.

Can also go to their branches at sutera mall or taman sentosa. Can order from main branch to delivered to their branches 3 working days.

Look for Ms Yap(outlet supervisor) at sutera mall. Very friendly and nice.. Even gave me a member card entitles extra 5% discount for selected items.

- bought kitchen sink 780mm w (double)

- kitchen sink tap

- basin sink tap x 2

- toilet paper holder x 2

- multi purpose 2 tier corner and 3 tier corner (toilet) for putting shampoo

- stainless steel kitchen cabinet dish holder

- toilet glass shelve

- anti slam bracket for my kitchen cabinet x 3

- Double cloth hanger for toilet x 2

Went to Tampoi beside kipmart

1) Tampoi lighting centre

- fanaway fan retractable blades for master bedroom

IMG_1870.jpg

- alpha vs5 with light kit and ceiling cap for living area

IMG_1866.jpg

- alpha instant heater s100 with heater

- alpha instant heater s200 with pump and heater

- rectangle light for common bedroom

Try to ask for a separate receipt to use when coming back to Singapore to pay gst

Came back singapore was charged gst $16.50 for all the items purchased. No idea how they calculated the sum..

Edited by mistgun

Hi Mistgun, just curious, you mentioned you drove to JB and did some shopping. I was wondering if you need to declare anything? I thought if you drive back, how did they charge for gst. Thx

Hi Mistgun, just curious, you mentioned you drove to JB and did some shopping. I was wondering if you need to declare anything? I thought if you drive back, how did they charge for gst. Thx

Only need to declare at singapore side. Go to the red lane to declare the items purchased. Malaysia no need to declare anything.

Singapore side need to pay 7% gst for the items purchased.

The rebate is only meant for things bought for personal use. Each person will get rebate and also depend on how many days you are away from Singapore

1 day each person is 50 rebate. 2 day away from Singapore is 150 rebate per person.

Edited by mistgun

My toiletry stuffs were supposed to be delivered today but the bacera ppl did not note down my change of appt to today and can only be deliver the stuff on Monday afternoon.. My plumber who is also very busy already set appt to come Monday morning..

Their staff also not so friendly always very busy..Very hard to get a hold of them...

A bit regret now to buy from them....

My toiletry stuffs were supposed to be delivered today but the bacera ppl did not note down my change of appt to today and can only be deliver the stuff on Monday afternoon.. My plumber who is also very busy already set appt to come Monday morning..

Their staff also not so friendly always very busy..Very hard to get a hold of them...

A bit regret now to buy from them....

My contractor help me to call them and managed to get them to send earlier.

You must have save from JB shopping as well :)

I hope your tolietries/ saintarywares delivery has been resolved?

Hi mistgun.... i chose the same tiles for my master bathroom as urs too... saw tat its done up... how's the finish??? ;)

Ought to have completed tilting by now yes?

Do keep your pics comming.

All the best on your renovation journey mistgun.

Hi mistgun.... i chose the same tiles for my master bathroom as urs too... saw tat its done up... how's the finish??? ;)

I will post some more picture a few weeks later. Currently my place still quite messy.. A lot of dust... Reno will be finishing around 19th Jan...