Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ayukie

My Reno Journal

Finally have got the keys to my flat last week. Did the open door stuffs and clean up after that *thats wasnt very nice though :(* and had my fsm to look at my place as well...

so now im technically a couple hundreds broke .. broker ... brokest (if theres such a term ..) and 6 hu lu(s) richer haha ...

But nonetheless these are the lesser of my worries now ...

Actually have started looking at renovation contractors/ids 2 months pior to receiving keys had quite some rough quotations and was flaggergasted at some of the quotations that I have received or else those that appears to be ok range as first glance had a clause that GST not inclusive so that adds up to be quite an amt .. (I CAN GET A /*COUPLE*/ LCD TV(S) for the **** gst ..) .. thus was back at square one .. anyway had a rough idea of what i require down to almost the details (I think i can design already after this .. only my drawings sucks ..)

The other problem now is finding one that have the quality i desire and the price tag i wish for ..

Any will be meeting some of the ids shortlisted from last round for a actual quote after all the changes to my plans and fsm advice ... hope to get it settled soon ..

Also have visted the Blve and Blue design company and i must say im pretty impressed with the wardrobes and kitchen cabinets at their showroom and also the price they are charging for those 2 items but it seems like on the whole they are not that very cheap as what i have enviosioned as well .. hopefully i can get what i wants from them w/o additional top up ... will most prob be meeting them again to discuss ... Although im pretty apprehensive that no one have used them yet in this forum thus no references *haiz* nor could i find anything on them as well .. unfortunately .. but then luckily all hdb rebovation requires a hdb license number to be submitted for the approval of the permit so it should be somewhat safe i guess ... at least i hopes ...

*God Bless Me*

*Amen*

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

after weeks i have not yet sign on the dotted lines .. and frankly im just so sick of being a tape recorder for the ids .. its been sooo tiring .. i soooo much wish that i have not collected the keys yet .. :(

Working with not a generous renovation budget is no joke .. but then if i increase the reno budget i wont be able to have what i wants for my furnishings .. such a dilemae but either way i think i still will crash the budgets :(

Initially thought that I will be able to achieve what i want with a 16-18k budget (and i have thought i was generous enough haha ..) being that my unit is prenium bto .. but as i started stating downs and receiving the quotes i had to increase the budget .. thus budget was increased to 20K but still not acheiveable and thus i have hit through the ceiling of my budget .. (boy was i navie it seems in begining .. haiz .. and our govt says the flats are affordable but i still need spend much on making it liveable .. it seems .. so my requirements also shrinks as i wnet along as well :(

anyway hope to settle the items soon .. this is making me very headache ;(

Anyway my requirements:

PROFESSIONAL SERVICE

* Design concept consultation

* Space planning & layout plan proposal

* Design furnishing consultation

* Designer's 3 D computerized drawing

* Material and colour scheme proposal

* Project management & site supervision

* Letter of Warranty (2 years) & After sale Service

Additional items

A Masonary Work

1 Supply & construct kitchen cabinet base, fridge base & washing machine base

with tiles finish

2 Chemical Cleanning and laying of corrugated paper for protection

B Carpentry Works

Kitchen

1 Supply & install 25ft run kitchen cabinet with solid plywood in laminate finish

with internal laminate & stainless steel soft closing hinges and abs trimmings

2 Supply & install 10.5ft run indian granite with original back splash finish

Supply & install 10.5ft run colour tempered glass backing

Entrance Area

3 Supply & install 3ft run suspended shoe cabinet with solid plywood in laminate

finish to full ht with internal laminate & soft closing hinges

4 Supply & install 2ft run sittee with laminate finish with design glass panel

Living Area

5 Supply & install 8ft run TV console & feature wall with solid plywood in laminate

6 Supply & install 8ft run bomb shelter feature wall with solid plywood

in laminate finish with tic-tac door system

Master Bedroom

7 Supply & install 8ft run bay window low ht cabinet with PVC leather sittee

and stainless steel hinges ( Include 2ft run full ht display cabinet )

8 Supply & install 11ft run casement wardrobe with solid plywood in laminate

with internal laminate & soft closing hinges

9 Supply & install 6ft run suspended vanity cabinet with solid plywood in laminate

finish with internal laminate finish & stainless steel soft closing hinges and

abs trimmings

Bedroom 2

10 Supply & install 5ft run casement wardrobe with solid plywood in laminate

finish with internal laminate & stainless steel soft closing hinges and abs trimmings

Bedroom 3

11 Supply & install 5ft run casement wardrobe with solid plywood in laminate

finish with internal laminate & stainless steel soft closing hinges and abs trimmings

C Ceiling Work

Living Area

1 Supply & install L-box design with cove light holder to living area

2 Supply & install fasle ceiling design to foyer & dining area (including passage way)

Master Bedroom

3 Supply & install fasle ceiling design to master bedroom area

D Doors Work

Master Bedroom Toilet

1 Supply & install 10mm thk tempered glass shower screen with one side

fix panel & one side swing door

Common Toilet

2 Supply & install 10mm thk L- shape tempered glass shower screen with two sides fixed

fix panel & two sides sliding door

Kitchen

3 Supply & install 10mm thk tempered glass swing door (with lock/latch)

E Window & Grille Work

Service Yard

1 Supply & install alminium sliding window with powder coated

2 Supply & install alminium grille with powder coated

F Painting Work

1 Supply & paint using ICI Supreme Easy Wash paint to whole house ceiling & wall

G Plumbing Work

1 Supply & install inlet & outlet pipe for kitchen sink, fridge, water dispenser & washing machine

H Electrical Work (To supply & install PVC trunking.)

3 13 AMP Single socket 3 nos.

4 13 AMP Double socket 3 nos.

7 5 AMP Lighting point 19 nos.

9 SCV 3 nos.

19 Light installation 26 nos.

* Additional 3 set pull out mirror & drawer to 3 nos casement wardrobe

1 Supply& install TV feature wall design to master bedroom (as per discussed design) Supply & install extension pull out drawer to kitchen cabinet

--> Change to supply & install 2 feet kitchen extension bottom cabinet with indian

granite worktop (half width) [L shape kitchen cabinets)

3 Supply & install TV feature wall with console ledge with solid plywood in laminate finish in bedroom 3

I wonder what i have missed out ...

Hope u find a ID/contractor soon! I also spent a long time looking for the correct contractor. All the best!!

Anyway my requirements:

PROFESSIONAL SERVICE

Additional items

A Masonary Work

with tiles finish

B Carpentry Works

Kitchen

1 Supply & install 25ft run kitchen cabinet with solid plywood in laminate finish

Entrance Area

3 Supply & install 3ft run suspended shoe cabinet with solid plywood in laminate

Living Area

5 Supply & install 8ft run TV console & feature wall with solid plywood in laminate

Master Bedroom

9 Supply & install 6ft run suspended vanity cabinet with solid plywood in laminate

abs trimmings

Bedroom 2

Bedroom 3

C Ceiling Work

Living Area

2 Supply & install fasle ceiling design to foyer & dining area (including passage way)

Master Bedroom

D Doors Work

Master Bedroom Toilet

Common Toilet

2 Supply & install 10mm thk L- shape tempered glass shower screen with two sides fixed

Kitchen

E Window & Grille Work

Service Yard

F Painting Work

1 Supply & paint using ICI Supreme Easy Wash paint to whole house ceiling & wall

G Plumbing Work

1 Supply & install inlet & outlet pipe for kitchen sink, fridge, water dispenser & washing machine

9 SCV 3 nos.

1 Supply& install TV feature wall design to master bedroom (as per discussed design) Supply & install extension pull out drawer to kitchen cabinet

--> Change to supply & install 2 feet kitchen extension bottom cabinet with indian

3 Supply & install TV feature wall with console ledge with solid plywood in laminate finish in bedroom 3

I wonder what i have missed out ...

after weeks i have not yet sign on the dotted lines .. and frankly im just so sick of being a tape recorder for the ids .. its been sooo tiring .. i soooo much wish that i have not collected the keys yet .. :(

Working with not a generous renovation budget is no joke .. but then if i increase the reno budget i wont be able to have what i wants for my furnishings .. such a dilemae but either way i think i still will crash the budgets :(

Initially thought that I will be able to achieve what i want with a 16-18k budget (and i have thought i was generous enough haha ..) being that my unit is prenium bto .. but as i started stating downs and receiving the quotes i had to increase the budget .. thus budget was increased to 20K but still not acheiveable and thus i have hit through the ceiling of my budget .. (boy was i navie it seems in begining .. haiz .. and our govt says the flats are affordable but i still need spend much on making it liveable .. it seems .. so my requirements also shrinks as i wnet along as well :(

anyway hope to settle the items soon .. this is making me very headache ;(

haha yes i agree.. its not achievable. I did almost the same things as u did and it cost me 43k. Even the cheapest ID also quoted me 30+.. its impossible to do these things with 20k unless u go for a contractor.

Welcome to RT. Good luck for your renovation.

Thanks Thanks saw your t-blog definitely very nice but unfortunately my budget abit tight ... but maybe next time hopefully i'll be able have my next place :)

haha yes i agree.. its not achievable. I did almost the same things as u did and it cost me 43k. Even the cheapest ID also quoted me 30+.. its impossible to do these things with 20k unless u go for a contractor.

Yupz i upz the budget again to 20+K .. i actually dont mind a contractor if i can keep to 20K but the contractor i liase with seems to be either on par with those branded ids or even more in some cases *shakes head* .. and actually i already have an idea of my place how i wants to be already and what and where to put so i dont really need fanciful designs .. i just happens to have a number customization in the wardrobes (i intend have my dresser in bulit to the wradrobe ... which makes things abit more complicated ..

i just dont get why my parents is able to do alot of customized furniture in a much bigger place and with the tiles laying including the homogenous tiles for bedrooms and living room area for 30+K and mine without tiles and furnishing for 2 bedrooms instead of 3 bedrooms already 20+K already haiz ..

a through review of what you want or need can help to cut down some costs....

IDs def more ex...

yeah have dropped a number of items ince ive started receiving quotes and after fsm .. i dropped the bar counter and 2 bay cabinets in the common bedrooms and blah blah .. which maybe next time when i have another kiddo or when my little prince grows up then i'll do bah ..

but have asked for quotes for my grilles and quite happy the grilles (the invisible grilles) are at least affordable pricings so i dont have to give that up :) but its cheaper getting the grilles myself then the quotes i have received from most ids abt these grilles .. -_-" (BY alot!!)

Grilles settled .. im gg to get those invisible grilles .. and im gg for those moveable (casement or sliding) grilles :) gg buy deposit later *happiee* will post damage later :)

My renovation works details:

PROFESSIONAL SERVICE

Additional items

A Masonary Work

with tiles finish

B Carpentry Works

Kitchen

Entrance Area

Living Area

Master Bedroom

abs trimmings

Bedroom 2

Bedroom 3

C Ceiling Work

Living Area

Master Bedroom

D Doors Work

Master Bedroom Toilet

Common Toilet

Kitchen

E Window & Grille Work

Service Yard

F Painting Work

G Plumbing Work

9 SCV 3 nos.

------------------------- Hope this goes well ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pending curtain ......

Grilles settled .. im gg to get those invisible grilles .. and im gg for those moveable (casement or sliding) grilles :) gg buy deposit later *happiee* will post damage later :)

hey ya. finally see u have your own reno blog. looking forward ya, have you sign with BnB ??

also about the invisible grille, is it approved by HDB? understand that you are not allow to place them in the balcony. Saw this in the news a few days ago.

Good luck ar :)