Jump to content
Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios


Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation since 08/23/2020 in all areas

  1. 1 point
    @apperceive Wall color first! 😬 Gotten the idea From Pinterest. Initially, wanted to match the blue wall with a white bed frame. Couldn’t find one I like so, I switched to wooden frame instead. Took me some time to find this Oak bed.😊 As for the TV console, it’s part of the carpentry work done by the ID company. All my plugs/power points are hidden inside. Will take pics of it and the Aircon trunking when I dropped by this weekend.😀
  2. 1 point
    basically someone had screwed up badly. I suppose the water pipes are for your bath tub. if your bath mixer is wall mounted type, the pipes should be hidden in the wall behind the tiles and not exposed like this. the hot water pipes would not be at 100 degrees but I suppose it would be still hot enough to cause some redness to skin if come into contact. the only way to rectify this is to hack away the wall tiles and have the pipes concealed inside the walls. just noticed that even your pipes for the WC are run exposed. if this is a full reno of the toilet, no reasons to leave the pipes exposed as they can be concealed within the brick walls. just for reference, the pipes are concealed within the brick walls by hacking a channel in the bricks. later on tiles are laid over the brick walls hence concealing the pipes. before and after pics below for my house on the concealed pipes
  3. 1 point
    First big milestone for me personally! Shortly after engaging with my Fiancee, we decided to look for a resale after failing to ballot after 4 tries. We ended up getting this 28 Years old Exec Maisonette in Hougang after going through the whole resale process ourselves without any agents. Here's the original floor plan for reference and some plans that we have for the layout.
  4. 1 point
    I do nothing, Didn't even pick a day. LOL! but that is just me. you got the new layout with additional room! Since you are not using that room as a room, do you want to consider hacking the wall and make your bedroom bigger and more spacious? In the kitchen, in between the island and window, suggest you extend cabinet or low shelve there cos it is useful to have counter top space, make sure there is electricity supply too. Personally, I don't like the bed headboard right beside the window. I would arrange the bed in the other direction. head of the left and foot on the right. Also troublesome to open close windows. my 2 cents.
  5. 1 point
    I think I saw the house you're interested listed on one of the property portals. if i got the correct property that you are eyeing on, your diagram is a bit wrong as well on the plot size as the kink area is actually a sharp corner and that area is almost negligible. the property I found is not in a normal landed house residential zone but is in a 1.4 plot ratio zone. this means that the landed houses in that zone can be built up to 3.5 storeys high which is why you see some low rise apartments there. if you want to do a recon and add another 1.5 storey, you may run into issues with the foundation especially on the existing soil conditions. since there is a possibility to build up to 3.5 storeys, it would be better to just do a complete rebuilt which can give you maybe 5000 sqf built up area rather than try to do a reconstruction and retain the existing setback. also (if I got the correct property), the 2nd storey at the front is cantilevered with no columns supporting it at the bottom. if you are to build a new storey or attic above the 2nd storey for a reconstruction, you may not get the approval from URA since you may need to add new columns to support the new storey/attic within the setback area which is not allowed.
  6. 1 point
    Yes it is possible to add drainage for the shower area but will require hacking and retiling of the entire flooring. I did this for both bathrooms when I renovated my resale flat.
  7. 1 point
    Typical duration for that type of house and GFA in non-covid times we are looking at 16-18 months on average. This is talking about construction time only. If you factor in the design/submission stages etc, probably looking at closer to 2.5 years.
  8. 1 point
    My reno is completed. Only did kitchen, painting n other small fixtures.
  9. 1 point
    Hello, everyone! 👋 Recently, I got my floor grout lines shielded. Yes, I have chosen floor tiles vs the now popular vinyl flooring. I prefer tiles but the main headache is that the grout lines will turn dirty in time and that is very unsightly. The first pic is the condition of my parents' floor tiles. Second pic is my newly grout shielded floor. Many years back, I bought detergent for cleaning grout and spent a whole afternoon cleaning my parents' living room. Cannot finish the room and it was real HARD work. Almost broke my back😂🤣. Result was splendid but it got dirty within a year and so effort wasted! I am not going to personally grout clean again, not for my own unit either. Frankly speaking, I got no friends or relatives who has done grout shielding. Don't know how effective. But something very certain if I do not shield the grout lines it will definitely turn like the first pic very soon. So I decided to go ahead with the shielding. Suppose to last 5 to 10 years or beyond if you take care not to clean and scrub your floor with harsh and acidic detergent.
  10. 1 point
    Bought this from Shopee! Just hung it up at my kitchen doorway!
  11. 1 point
    Try Lazada get a sturdy one, six steps at least..
  12. 1 point
    Hi guys, Can give me a ballpark how much will i need to revamp the entire space of a resale 3 room, about 70 sqm?