Jump to content
Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Mandm

  • Rank
    Bronze Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi, Can I check if the pricing listed here are reasonable? Is a 2MP cctv from dahua sufficient for viewing purposes? any feedbacks regarding dahua cctv? and if anyone can explain what a POE switch is for in layman terms? I tried to Google about it but got confused. And do I need a POE switch at every AP? Thanks!!
  2. Thanks everyone for your kind advice. We were just wondering what we can do with that space. Because it seems like an awkward space and is currently an empty space at the moment. I guess we will have to make do with planters at the moment. thanks everyone!
  3. Hi, We just bought a landed home but we are only doing minor A&A. Need advice if the RC flat roof on the top floor can be covered up. Based on the image of my home and also checking with the ura website, it doesn’t seem that I need to apply to bca or ura to extend the area as it will still be 2m from setback area and this is currently a sheltered area. Should I get a PE or my ID to assess, or should the builder know? Can anyone advise please? Thanks a lot!
  4. Hi Mamamiasimmy, Can share the quote with me please? Thanks!
  5. Good Morning! Hoping to get valuable advice here:) As we just bought a landed home, I hope to get some contacts for the following if possible: 1) interior and exterior painting of home 2) changing of roof 3) electricians and plumbers 4) lights 5) fans 6) sanitary fittings 7) builder contacts no.8) grass and tree pruning 9) changing of tiles Thank you all in advance for your valuable advice!
  6. Dear All, If a neighbourhood of landed homes (about 40) look the same (meaning the exterior and exterior looks similar), will it be possible to rebuild into something else? Because either no one has done a rebuild there or it is not allowed? And also if anyone knows the estimated cost for A&A that includes changing the flooring, pipes and electrical wiring, re-roofing, extending the rooms to include balcony, hacking some walls to make the space look bigger, hack the kitchen to make space for both a dry and wet kitchen, and building an attic? Is this considered minor or major A&A? And also estimated cost involved to bring in a 2-3 storey tree? Sorry that my points are scattered across my message. Thanks All!!
  7. Hello George, thanks for your post. Possible for you to share the contact of your main con / architect as well as the supplier of your tiles please? Thanks!
  8. Thank you Snoozee and IceEyez for your valuable advice. 1) In this scenario regarding the shifting of the gate, if the width of the land is 11.4m long, and I have to set 6m away from my neighbour’s gate on my right and also 2m from the boundary line on my left , does this mean I can essentially shift my gate and do up a gate that’s max 3.4m in width? I have also purchased the BCA plan, SIP, DIP and RLP. Except from having a surveyor or PE to come down, can I safely assume that it’s highly probable that I will be able to shift my gate? 2) Regarding the rebuilding aspects, can I safely assume $350psf including miscellaneous costs such as fees for the PE, Surveyor, soil test etc? Any idea what typically forms the main bulk of costs for rebuilding? For example, the main structure or carpentry? Or Electrical and Plumbing? I have read that $350psf for rebuild is for a mid range build. Can I understand that it means by mid range? For example, parquet instead of marble? Or bricks instead of concrete? 3) For a land size of 3800 sqft, based on your experience, is it recommended to look at having 2 buildings separated by maybe a quiet garden or patio that is about 10m in length? Width of land is about 11.4m and Length of land is about 33m. I understand that an architect can give a better representation of the rebuild and I just wanted to gather from fellow contributors in the forum. Thank you!
  9. Dear All, I am new to the forum. Have some queries regarding a semi d I’m looking at. 1) What do PEs and Surveyors look at regarding shifting of the gate for the semi d? Gate refers to the gate for cars to enter and exit. At the moment, This semi d is attached to another semi d on it’s right. On it’s left, there’s another pair of semi d that’s detached from my house. There is also a covered drain combined with a pedestrian path in front of my semi d. In this scenario, am I able to shift the gate? I understand I need to keep Min 6m of pedestrain walkway on both sides of my car gate entrance? Is that right? Or are there other factors I should be aware of? 2) Prior to buying the house, we also intend to get a PE and surveyor to assess whether we can shift the car access gate as this will determine whether we will buy the house. Any idea what the fees for PE and surveyor are, including Fees for bca and LTA submission? As I do not have any design idea yet for my rebuild, are the fees for the PE and surveyor a one time fee? Or do I have to pay for a PE and surveyor again after I buy the house and have decided on the rebuild design? thank you in advance for your advice!