Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
alister

Laminated Flooring

:D Don't Think Too Much. USE PERGO! We Are The EXPERT in LAMINAE FLOORING!

U doing research for all brand of laminate flooring?? :unsure:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey Bros,

Pls do check out . ALLURE waterpoof resilient laminated flooring, I am using it for my whole house and yes including the kitchen.. It is lifetime warranty and its waterproof.

I have place a deposite for this and i will be installing it in july when i get my keys hehehe. ZGood luck

Thanks for the feedback. Juz met up with one ID and ask the same question.

Was told :-

1. Might wrap in future if too much water

2. If have children or dog/cat, might urine on the laminate floor and leave a smell behind

My concern for using **** room :

1. As dining table is also there, sometimes might spill curry sauce, soup etc. Might spoil the flooring

So I guess I will stick to homogenous tiles as I have children. They will surely throw food or spill water during meal time.

Sign.. really like the comfy feeling of laminated flooring.

You are quite rite Alister, anyway laminate flooring use adhesive which also dangerous for infants and asthmatic people. The smell is not nice. It is also not so durable. Why dont you consider bamboo flooring? it is almost the same price but has warranty 20 years, no smell cos no VOC (so safe for infants and asthmatic persons) and the finishing is more natural and warm.

You can check in www.styleline.com.sg

Cheers

Hey Bros,

Pls do check out . ALLURE waterpoof resilient laminated flooring, I am using it for my whole house and yes including the kitchen.. It is lifetime warranty and its waterproof.

I have place a deposite for this and i will be installing it in july when i get my keys hehehe. ZGood luck

Hi can let me know how much per sq ft and who is the contractor who is installing.

Thanks!

Hi can let me know how much per sq ft and who is the contractor who is installing.

Thanks!

if you are interested contact me at HP: 98451975......we could discuss further as i have just join my in-law company whom he is in the business for 30+ years. a HDB register company ...its your choice no obligation ...company is space and special interior design and renovation

Lifetime warranty, nice! Thought of doing my bedrooms :wub:

Hey Bros,

Lifetime warranty, nice! Thought of doing my bedrooms :wub:

Hey,

Its from evorich .. U can check out their website or wait for the next home reno exhibtion .. Installing soon already..

im using power dekor for my living n 3 bedrooms... laminate got pros n cons lor... when things are drop.. is louder than homogeneous but if children fall down.. laminates lesser injury compares to homogeneous... both their good n bad.. cos i have a 6 mths old bb.. so i think laminated flooring suit my family.. in e meanwhile im gng to change to krono laminates.. been 4 yrs.. need to change of lighter colour tone n do some minor reno on my living...

I also laminated my living hall + 3 bedrooms. Brand is Vista, which I believe its price range is similar to Power Dekor as my contractor let us choose btw these 2 brands only.

One area near the window plyed up abit cuz I forgot to close the windows on one of the rainy nights.. :(

My WTB loves the warm comfy feeling of laminated flooring too.

Aiyo, now so many myths about laminated floorings.. Those are the 80s type of laminates..

Doing my reno in 1st Sept and researching as well..

Recent years, with the latest technology, laminated floorings dun use glue anymore. They use a click system and is already very good in water resistant. And most laminated surface uses aluminium oxide and not melamine thus no more toxic emission, but vinyl flooring aka resilient floors have gas emission thats y in sweden is banned.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=link-between-autism-and-vinyl

Its like for every year you live with it the more gas emission u intake. Correct me if i'm wrong..

For the click system u can check out the Valinge and Uniclick. Only these 2 are the best connecting system for laminated floors in europe, if there are pple trying to bluff their way claiming that they have the patent you can check valinge's and uniclick's website to make sure they have the patent. So far I only know Pergo, Quickstep, Krono Original, Kronotex and Balterio have their patent in Singapore, so dun be fooled... About waxed floors i'm not really sure and quite skeptic about it... I heard from pple that it gives out noisy screeking sounds and dosen't last long for water resistance, can anyone confirm this? AND I DONT BELIEF ANY laminate flooring is waterproof, please enlighten me...

My 2 cents.. please dun flame me..

Edited by Agent 96

EDIT: sorry posted in wrong thread. The thread mentioning HERF is another thread. But any experience shared on HERF will be much appreciated as my ID friend has not used this product before so he can't advise me on this.

Hi everyone, been lurking for a while finally decided to sign up. In the midst of my reno now, totally self managing with advice time to time from friend who run ID firm.

Kinda wanted to spend minimum but decided to do up laminate flooring for my new born son.

I googled a few brands some very cheap like Perle Noire $2.8 but was also kinda concerned low price + only 5 year warranty. I came across Evorich and got a verbal quote. Seemed very expensive to me, $6+ even for laminates.

But I decided to go down take a look at their HERF coz I have a newborn and I was concerned about water spills.

In the end my wife liked the HERF texture and I liked that the HERF is water resistant and so I put down the deposit.

Was just looking at this thread and noticed that there were some concerns with HERF (but not very clear) and also some have installed the HERF.

Can you share more of your experience? Want to make sure I didn't make the wrong decision as my flooring is installing next week. If it's really bad, I might request to change to their laminate flooring instead!

Edited by geek

:bangwall: There is no idea for HERF flooring because it is new brand in singapore...about 2 years ago. :dunno: Waterproof ? sound great!!

Here are 3 Most Important benefits of HERF

1)Highly Slip Resistant

2)Waterproof Makes It Lasting

3)Luxurious Cosy Looking & Yet Cost Efficient

In summary, it sounds nice...Is it for your new born son's room ? In this case, you must consider these facts: is it hygenic or not ? eco friendly or not ? This is more important for your baby son... by the way, why don't you choose laminate flooring ? :jawdrop:

Good Luck... :sport-smiley-018::yamseng:

Tried kronotex previously, looks nice, however very worry of water spill. Change to woodgrain vinyl flooring when i change my house 6 months ago. Load off my mind, now that i dun need to give specific instruction to my maid over mopping the floor.