Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gearbox

Aircon Maintenance

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I posted this in another thread:

I use these guys:

Emetech Engineering Services, contact Mr. Edward, at 94515353.

They used to service the AC units in my office building, and many of our guys got them to service at home. I just got them to service at my flat last weekend. They do a very very thorough job.

They bring their own vacuum cleaner and clean up the place after work. They also use a damp cloth and clean any fingerprints etc from the wall. They used a high pressure hose to wash out the junk from the main compressor unit. He used a large tray held below the main compressor, connected to a big pipe during the wash so that the water doesn't fall into the downstairs windows.

They also topped up the refrigerant, reinstalled all the insulation on the pipes connecting to the compressor, replaced a couple of faulty components etc. Very thorough. I'd recommend them.

hi all

its a bit too late to ask as I've already paid to for the following tasks last week ... anyway are the following too expensive??:

top up gas - $25

flush system + vacuum + renew R22 gas - $260

chemical wash - $160

the a/c guys advsed me to do the above as the it is choked. have to make decision right on the spot so no choice have to pay for it.

Andrew - 96805755

Try them and post comments.

Any idea how much it cost to service 3 units ?

Have moved into my hse for 1yr+ now, yet to service my air-cons so far.

Anyone try Andrew so far ? Is he good ?

Vaccum and standard charge of gas i tink even if you call the "agent: means yr air con brand tech to do, think around $150. Yr $260 is slightly over priced.

any idea who know where can i buy aircon vacuum ?

Got such thing as aircon vacuum meh? These cleaners use normal vacuum cleaner when doing maintenance.

Thery use vaccum cleaner, but must be wet/dry vaccum cleaner. normal cleaner can only vacuum dust not water.

Hi there,

you can try aircon cleaner. you can buy it at DIY shops. there are a few brands you can choose from. for choking problem you can try this brand which i use and is effective, "Mr Mckenic" choke clear. you can buy it from Carrefour Suntec DIY department. :dancingqueen:

"Mr Mckenic" is a type of spray to dislodge the dirt out from the coil. Normal house drainage pipe only 13/16mm

. Imagine the amount of dirt going into the pipe within a short period of time, it will cause yr pipe to get choke faster.

Diy, you can try to pour warm water into the aircon drain pan and let the warm water slowly flush away the dirt .

"Mr Mckenic" is a type of spray to dislodge the dirt out from the coil. Normal house drainage pipe only 13/16mm

. Imagine the amount of dirt going into the pipe within a short period of time, it will cause yr pipe to get choke faster.

Diy, you can try to pour warm water into the aircon drain pan and let the warm water slowly flush away the dirt .

there are two types. the spray type is the aircon cleaner. the other type is the pour type which is known as choke clear.

the choke clear is effective against "jelly" that choke the drainage pipe. i have tried on my house and my brother's house. it work.

I've recently got my Air con serviced by

as recommended by the forumer here. Very very thorough chemical wash. I'd recommend them as well. Good job well done :dribble:

I've recently got my Air con serviced by

as recommended by the forumer here. Very very thorough chemical wash. I'd recommend them as well. Good job well done :)

We use these guys for our office too - for a long time. That's why I got them to service my AC at home.

We use these guys for our office too - for a long time. That's why I got them to service my AC at home.

Can anyone share how much is the service fee charged by Emetech? Thanks for sharing.