Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cookcpu

Anyone Use Some Form Of Pabx In Their Home

Anyone use some type of PABX in their home. I remember I saw on newspaper advertisement on some type of PABX for the home which cost around $400 plus.

Anyone using such telephone system in their home. Can share your experience on using it and brand name.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

PABX for home use is very expensive, to say the least.

I do not think anyone can find a PABX for that kind of price.

Panasonic seems to be the market leader brand for PABX. The system itself is expensive, not to mention the special wiring required, and each phone set (those that look like your office telephone with different extensions) is about $150 and above.

If you wish to know in detail, please PM me.

I got a quotation for a key phone system and it cost 4k+ but I think it is too expensive for a home phone system.

I am more worry about the key phone system that will cause problem with internet connection with adsl line.

I got a quotation for a key phone system and it cost 4k+ but I think it is too expensive for a home phone system.

I am more worry about the key phone system that will cause problem with internet connection with adsl line.

There shouldn't be interference so long as you use a splitter. (not sure if this is the correct name). I am using a company called EKI communications to do the re-wiring, testing and training on how to use the system. The boss, Raymond was formerly from SingTel and he knows his stuff. Very assuring.

I didn't buy this system myself. The previous owner, who is in office reno and restaurant businesses installed it, and I am just going to re-use it. It would be a waste to throw it out. I just got EKI to do the re-location of some tel points and test that all the wires are still in good condition, and not damaged by all the hacking.

The cheapest method of a home intercomm is actually getting wireless phone sets that have the feature. DECT phones all have intercomm facilities, I think.

I think with the PABX system I'm going to restore, I will have fun pressing a button and buzzing my kids whereever they are in the house! LOL!

http://networktools.singnet.com.sg/help/adsl_staip.html

Para 3.. ADSL cannot be used with PABX.

Thank you, yoongf. Only "fixed" ADSL I was told, and this is what's said in the link you provided.

In my case, I am using SingTel broadband registered to my home number. It's OK, isn't it? Raymond (EKI) asked me about my communication needs, and I was advised that I can use one telephone number for PABX, fax and also Broadband. (fax is only when needed, I don't need a dedicated line). The previous owner had 2 tel lines. One line for dedicated fax. The other one for home phone and broadband.

yoongf, I just called Raymond and asked him again. In case I misunderstood him. He said there is no need for me to apply a ADSL line for my internet. I just need to install a microfilter (sorry, it's not a splitter) to the phone point that I will be connecting to my wireless internet modem, which is my desktop, and all notebooks will be connected wirelessly.

Err..

I am not quite sure what u describing make sense but... given the many products/services on the market.. I am also in no position to say that may not work.

But.. if no ADSL connection, what then is your internet access from your home? Your home either connect to the outside world using either Cable modem, dialup modem, ADSL modem, or tapping illegally from neighbour WLAN, or Wireless@Sg. Perhaps u live in a neighbourhood like serviced apts.. got seperate communual internet gateway?

yoongf, I just called Raymond and asked him again. In case I misunderstood him. He said there is no need for me to apply a ADSL line for my internet. I just need to install a microfilter (sorry, it's not a splitter) to the phone point that I will be connecting to my wireless internet modem, which is my desktop, and all notebooks will be connected wirelessly.

All I know is any telephone line need to be adsl enable before you can subscribe to an adsl plan. There is a charge by the teleco to enable the adsl on the telephone line.

Microfilter is use for all the telephone outlet that is not connected to the modem. (It is require as it will stop the internet connection to be disconnect when a phone call come in.)

Unless your internet plan is on Maxonline which you don't need a telephone line.

Err..

I am not quite sure what u describing make sense but... given the many products/services on the market.. I am also in no position to say that may not work.

But.. if no ADSL connection, what then is your internet access from your home? Your home either connect to the outside world using either Cable modem, dialup modem, ADSL modem, or tapping illegally from neighbour WLAN, or Wireless@Sg. Perhaps u live in a neighbourhood like serviced apts.. got seperate communual internet gateway?

I am so unfamiliar with all the technical terms and needed to ask my DH what is it that we have. Sorry, our SingTel Broadband is indeed a ADSL connection. Thank you, yoongf for pointing this out. At this point, I don't think Raymond and I are on the same wavelength. Obviously, he is thinking of one thing, and I am thinking of another. I emailed tecnical support. Will wait for their confirmation and further advice.

my M&E person also asked me to consider pabx but i am not sure why and what is the advantage. Couldn't a cordless phone do all these eg. paging, transfer etc.

Can someone enlighten me on this. Thanks :(

Anyone use some type of PABX in their home. I remember I saw on newspaper advertisement on some type of PABX for the home which cost around $400 plus.

Anyone using such telephone system in their home. Can share your experience on using it and brand name.

my M&E person also asked me to consider pabx but i am not sure why and what is the advantage. Couldn't a cordless phone do all these eg. paging, transfer etc.

Can someone enlighten me on this. Thanks :)

Yes a cordless phone or dect system can do that but when you use PABX or similar phone system, you can expand your number of line, transfer call from one room to another room without shouting across the house(lol) or have to walk from downstair to upstair to inform the family member to take the call etc...

If effect some of the dect cordless system are having such function if I remember correctly.

bro: which dect cordless have these functions, would like to check it out. Thanks.

:)

Yes a cordless phone or dect system can do that but when you use PABX or similar phone system, you can expand your number of line, transfer call from one room to another room without shouting across the house(lol) or have to walk from downstair to upstair to inform the family member to take the call etc...

If effect some of the dect cordless system are having such function if I remember correctly.

Update.

I manage to get a network contractor and he recommend this panasonic model KXT 824 c/w 3 lines and 8 extentsion.

The price is less than $400-00.

I am looking for a PBX for 4 lines, preferbly Panasonic. Does anyone has a used set, good condition, to let go...? Or where can I find the best price for a new set?