Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
piggiedearz

Jurong West St 64 Residents - (july 07 Ballot)

I am getting irrtated with my new neighbour that just moved in. Nevermind the noisy rowdy kids (cant help it), but they are occupying the entire common area!!!!

Mine is a corner unit and theirs is just beside me. They have started to put THREE racks just in front of my main door, which is just outside of their window, causing me inconveience when I am going back or coming out cos I need to avoid those racks to get to my door.

Then they put bamboo poles right at the place where the electrical risers, meters are taking up space in the corridor. Further to that they have placed plants after these bamboo poles, ie near to the common chute area and they place the money plant to crawl along the railings!!!!

WTF.

I have written to HDB to enquire on the guidelines of usage of common areas and my legal rights against such inconsiderate use of common areas. They think they own the whole corridor!!!

its hard to determine which area is whose because the doors is too close to each other. :(

the usage of the common area will be a headache issue ... just hope that can reach a mutual compromise level.

for myself ... feel so heart pain when I saw the foot steps on my wall :curse: not 1 but so many of them !

looking forward for the your HDB reply too !

Edited by junxian

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
its hard to determine which area is whose because the doors is too close to each other. :(

the usage of the common area will be a headache issue ... just hope that can reach a mutual compromise level.

for myself ... feel so heart pain when I saw the foot steps on my wall :curse: not 1 but so many of them !

looking forward for the your HDB reply too !

At first, it was only the two bamboo pole holders and the bamboo poles placed RIGHT across the access to the electrical and water meters.

I was like, OK, nvm, the most I dun check it so often and I can still live with it.

The very next day, they put SHOE RACKS IN FRONT OF MY DOOR. WTF. And plants all across the corridor. ITS A MESS of the common areas.

Say I am mean or whatever, but I cannot take all this crap. Either HDB gives me a reply on the usage or I complain right up whatever place I can pen my messages to.

Actually living in HDB is like that lor... my enbloc neighbour also placed shoe racks, plants and a stool in front of my door. They very smart, first day see us open door, friendly friendly say. we won't mind right? We were like Errr...Say they counted the no. of tiles separating our doors which are facing each other.. say 6 tiles each ok? But I realise their stool already reach over my area liao!!! Once the lift open I can see their incense burner can, broom etc all over. Not really a neat sight..

Nmind lah, take it as a 'motivation' haha or push factor for u to get out of HDB ASAP! Save money next time 5 yrs later get a condo.

Edited by rumi

what are the bus service nos ? :dancingqueen:

erm.. didnt really catch the numbers but i took 193 from Safti MI out back home, was thinking of alighting at the usual bus-stop but the bus actually stopped at the new bus-stop.. caught me and WTB by surprise :sport-smiley-004:

The 'extreme' neighbours are those from the 'enbloc series'. they put potted plants, bicycles, bamboo racks at the corridors and even added clothes hangers at the parapets.

i notice a bad habit. they like to press both the UP and DOWN button of the lift whenever they take the lift. They do that because they can take whichever lift that comes first but they do not know that whoever's going up in the lift will stop at their level first. It has happened many times that i've lost count. I believe their previous block do not have up and down buttons, only one button that gets the lift but this is not the way to use both buttons.

I've had enough and once this lift stopped at a lower level. The auntie pretended that I didnt exist. I gave her a very hard stare as the lift door closed. I think she can recognize me liao :notti:

as for bus service, i saw 243 too.

Ha, u can ask auntie from the lift if she want to go up is it? If not, why she press the UP button? Educate them lor...but not sure if they will hear us though.

Ha, all the neighbours in my unit level are from en bloc!! But heng, no kids..l live there..

Edited by rumi

At first, it was only the two bamboo pole holders and the bamboo poles placed RIGHT across the access to the electrical and water meters.

I was like, OK, nvm, the most I dun check it so often and I can still live with it.

The very next day, they put SHOE RACKS IN FRONT OF MY DOOR. WTF. And plants all across the corridor. ITS A MESS of the common areas.

Say I am mean or whatever, but I cannot take all this crap. Either HDB gives me a reply on the usage or I complain right up whatever place I can pen my messages to.

complain of noise pollution caused by neighbours - complain to HDB.

complain of noise pollution caused by neighbours which occurred after 10.30pm - complain to HDB or call police for assistance.

usage of corridor, neighbour place alot of their stuff along the common corridor, might cause hazard - contact town council and inform them of e matter.

if possible, can try talking to your neighbour, if they still insist of their way of handling e common corridor like their own, den perhap try CMC (central mediation centre), where you can get assistance to settle neighbour dispute/disagreement.

hope my suggestion help.

regards

Harold

last week went to my fren's unit @ B/675B. came out of the lift and wana walk towards his unit, wahlau eh, his neighbour like growing e whole forest along the common corridor... so many plants around... really a eye-opener for me.

:o

I think en bloc folks got a lot of barang from their own place where they might have a wider and bigger common area/corridor, so they could happily place t hem there along with similar en bloc folks who love to block the entire common area.

Now the new place has a smaller area and they no long have the same type of neighbours loving to put many barangs along the common area. And old pple tend to love to keep things. So they move their beloved barangs from old to new place and make them look like old place so they can reminise abt their old home. I think they got to make the place look similar then can stay in lor.

If they kanna youngsters neighbours sure kanna complain.. but that makes future living next to each other hard.. is really tough to manage ur neighbour.

Hahah to think we hope not to say beside en bloc folks, they might have think likewise abt us!

Ha, u can ask auntie from the lift if she want to go up is it? If not, why she press the UP button? Educate them lor...but not sure if they will hear us though.

Ha, all the neighbours in my unit level are from en bloc!! But heng, no kids..l live there..

Ok i will try to be nicer in future. Most of the time when the lift stops while going up, there'll be no one at the lobby. Sometimes I wonder if someone actually pressed it or 'something' else did :dribble: choy! :D

last week went to my fren's unit @ B/675B. came out of the lift and wana walk towards his unit, wahlau eh, his neighbour like growing e whole forest along the common corridor... so many plants around... really a eye-opener for me.

:o

wah lotsa greenery. think like Savannah the Condo in simei. :notti:

complain of noise pollution caused by neighbours - complain to HDB.

complain of noise pollution caused by neighbours which occurred after 10.30pm - complain to HDB or call police for assistance.

usage of corridor, neighbour place alot of their stuff along the common corridor, might cause hazard - contact town council and inform them of e matter.

if possible, can try talking to your neighbour, if they still insist of their way of handling e common corridor like their own, den perhap try CMC (central mediation centre), where you can get assistance to settle neighbour dispute/disagreement.

hope my suggestion help.

regards

Harold

Be it hazard or not, it is VERY UNSIGHTLY!

Just merely 3 footsteps from my main door all the way to the rubbish chute is their stuff...

Just took a photo of it...

IMG_1193.JPG

See their clothes just hanging there and I am passing by all the way and their racks just right outside my gate!!!

If this can happen, I believe there will be worse coming...

wah indeed very sianz.... the corridor so narrow some more!!

Maybe u can advise them to get a dryer. ask them no need to hang outside in future. There's promo now from citygas .

The corridor gets a lot of sun meh? Why cannot hang outside the kitchen where is the designated area? I think u can complain to town council.I would do that too. But u may wan tto talk to ur neighbour first. but I doubt they will listen to u.

wah indeed very sianz.... the corridor so narrow some more!!

Maybe u can advise them to get a dryer. ask them no need to hang outside in future. There's promo now from citygas .

The corridor gets a lot of sun meh? Why cannot hang outside the kitchen where is the designated area? I think u can complain to town council.I would do that too. But u may wan tto talk to ur neighbour first. but I doubt they will listen to u.

Same thinking I have. This is what they have managed to put outside just within days of moving in. I cannot imagine what will be coming after months they have stayed there. So I do not think there is any point for me to talk. I told my wife to talk to them cos I am the kind that cannot talk peacefully when I am already irritated but she refused so I send complain to HDB and Town Council about this already.

I used to come home happy to my beautifully renovated place but now I got to pass by first, a growing forest near the chute, then cleaning shop with all kinds of laundry hanging and then to smelly shoe racks while I open my main gate.

WTF.

I am having a freaking kampong outside my place.

worse some to worse. haha u sponsor them a dryer.

i realy wonder why en bloc pple loves to have their shoe cabinet outside the common area? I think most of us youngster have shoe cabinet inside the house right?