Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ifUrY

Selling Condo And Buying New Hdb Flat

Hi All,

I bought a condo when i was single, and due to fact i wan to take profit for my apartment, and i recently married. Need your kind advise for my situtation.

I will be selling my condo, and i understand I cannot buy new hdb flat till 3 years later.

My question is

1. Can i appeal for the 3 years to be waive off as i will be expecting a new born.

2. Can I buy a new HDB and take HDB loan after the 3rd year?

3. Can i buy resale flat immediately after i transacted my condo.

4. If i sell away my apartment and will i get 30k/40k hdb grant as both myself and my wife did not

take any hdb loan/grant/application before if i decided to buy resale

5. Or can i buy a hdb flat while still owning the condo.

6. Can my wife and my kid join name and buy a brand new/resale flat?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi All,

I bought a condo when i was single, and due to fact i wan to take profit for my apartment, and i recently married. Need your kind advise for my situtation.

I will be selling my condo, and i understand I cannot buy new hdb flat till 3 years later.

My question is

1. Can i appeal for the 3 years to be waive off as i will be expecting a new born. -> No

2. Can I buy a new HDB and take HDB loan after the 3rd year? Yes

3. Can i buy resale flat immediately after i transacted my condo. Yes

4. If i sell away my apartment and will i get 30k/40k hdb grant as both myself and my wife did not

take any hdb loan/grant/application before if i decided to buy resale yes

5. Or can i buy a hdb flat while still owning the condo.

6. Can my wife and my kid join name and buy a brand new/resale flat? HDB will need 2 names

Of course, you can check out HDB website for information.

You can also buy a resale flat without selling the condo. No HDB loan, only bank loan. But, to utilise your CPF for the HDB flat, you need to accumulate a minimum sum of about $50k first. You can rent out the condo or sell it when you think the price is right. You can't buy direct from HDB if you own a condo. If you sell, there is waiting period (check out the website) before you can buy direct from HDB and get the HDB loan.

Edited by Homeowner

for hdb flat, applicants must form a proper family nucleus

how many names doesn't matter

for married couple, BOTH names must be inside i.e. wife and husband need to be listed in the same application, although one can be lessee and the other occupant

You can also buy a resale flat without selling the condo. But, to utilise your CPF for the HDB flat, you need to accumulate a minimum sum of about $50k first. You can rent out the condo or sell it when you think the price is right. No hurry.

50k as in both applicant isit? even without selling the condo, we can be entitled to hdb grant and loan?

for hdb flat, applicants must form a proper family nucleus

how many names doesn't matter

for married couple, BOTH names must be inside i.e. wife and husband need to be listed in the same application, although one can be lessee and the other occupant

but the applicant i.e myself cannot be owning any private property while applying for new hdb flat. i must dispose or have the intention to dispose and appeal before i can apply. HDB policy is such a headache.

No HDB loan. I am not sure about the grant...you'll have to check out the website or the HDB hotline but I doubt you can get a grant. The $50k minimum sum is required for second property purchase.

Edited by Homeowner

No HDB loan. I am not sure about the grant...you'll have to check out the website or the HDB hotline but I doubt you can get a grant. The $50k minimum sum is required for second property purchase.

cheers and thanks, i have emailed them. thanks for the prompt reply!

likelyhood is that I will sell my house and buy a resale flat now.

The new BTO for coral spring is going for 188k to 252k, a decent 4 room around sengkang area is going around 260-280k, after the grant, it will be quite close to the buy price of the new flat. for the later which is smaller and not so good location, furthermore the TOP will be around 2012. Woah.

Looking the resale market now, owners are looking at 20-50k COV top up for 4 room. I wonder how many new couples can afford a decent home without 80k cash! Tough.

With the long waittime, high COV, and high demand, i will have a hard time.

u can buy from HDB subsidised flat 30months after u sold the condo, which is 2.5yrs.

u can also hold on to yr condo & buy a HDB flat from open market using bank loan. the catch is that u must stay in the HDB flat and pay 10% property tax for yr condo

To purchase 2nd property using CPF, u must have a minimum sum in yr Ordinary + Special Account. The minimum sum is $47,300 and will be increased throughout the years. there is a table on the CPF website showing the increase. I think the next increase is a few years later.

Edited by latitude

cheers and thanks, i have emailed them. thanks for the prompt reply!

likelyhood is that I will sell my house and buy a resale flat now.

The new BTO for coral spring is going for 188k to 252k, a decent 4 room around sengkang area is going around 260-280k, after the grant, it will be quite close to the buy price of the new flat. for the later which is smaller and not so good location, furthermore the TOP will be around 2012. Woah.

Looking the resale market now, owners are looking at 20-50k COV top up for 4 room. I wonder how many new couples can afford a decent home without 80k cash! Tough.

With the long waittime, high COV, and high demand, i will have a hard time.

I am quite sure you can get the grant as first-timer if you fulfil a few conditions, and since you are considering new HDB flat, your income is below 8k.

I am quite sure you can get the grant as first-timer if you fulfil a few conditions, and since you are considering new HDB flat, your income is below 8k.

how do they check on the income portion? thru iras or cpf contribution or self declaration.

you have to apply for HLE - then the income portion will come, when you purchase resale/new HDB flats.

I think for bank loan, dun need. Only if want to apply for HDB loan.

you have to apply for HLE - then the income portion will come, when you purchase resale/new HDB flats.

I think for bank loan, dun need. Only if want to apply for HDB loan.

means there is a loop hole, if u earn more and take bank loan..u can still stay in smaller flat?

means there is a loop hole, if u earn more and take bank loan..u can still stay in smaller flat?

it's not a loop hole

the income ceiling only applies to buying direct from HDB

to ensure that low income group enjoys the 'subsidised' price

u can also hold on to yr condo & buy a HDB flat from open market using bank loan. the catch is that u must stay in the HDB flat and pay 10% property tax for yr condo

Stay for 3 years in HDB, after that you can rent out the whole hse.

And move back to your condo