Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mint

Help! Scv Point Is Stuck Here.

Picture535.jpg

Help! My electrican say wire not long enough, so the SCV pt cannot shift downwards..

My tel pt. will be shifted downwards beside the socket so that the switches are aligned.

Is it true??! Or is the electric just trying to bruff his way thro'?

Edited by mint

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Picture297-1.jpg

Hmm, is your cabling like this? I ask to connect another SCV pt, and there it is, with a white cable. The 3 pin socket is provided by HDB. Is there a way that they can do without that white cable?

Picture535.jpg

Help! My electrican say wire not long enough, so the SCV pt cannot shift downwards..

My tel pt. will be shifted downwards beside the socket so that the switches are aligned.

Is it true??! Or is the electric just trying to bruff his way thro'?

If u did an entire rewiring, then its the electrician fault cos when re-wiring, you can put it anywhere u like.

If it is a shifting of electrical points then maybe cos the shifting will depend on the slack left by the previous electrician, but most of the time, electrician will charge u for shifting cos they will add in addition cabling. it can be done.

Rewiring definitely can be done.. my contractor did it with no prob.. if you ask me, Mint, your electrician trying to bluff his way thru...

Rewiring definitely can be done.. my contractor did it with no prob.. if you ask me, Mint, your electrician trying to bluff his way thru...

i second that - this is just a shobby job from some third world plumber? hardly a electrician.

i second that - this is just a shobby job from some third world plumber? hardly a electrician.

that's why sometimes cannot go for lowest quote... really, save $ is important but u see the workmanship, cannot make it and very sim tia also!

Mint, are you doing rewiring? or just shifting points? hope u got it sorted out. :lol:

that's why sometimes cannot go for lowest quote... really, save $ is important but u see the workmanship, cannot make it and very sim tia also!

Mint, are you doing rewiring? or just shifting points? hope u got it sorted out. :dancingqueen:

what is meant by re-wiring?

is mine considered as shifting points in the room? maybe will be more expensive if they charge me by re-wiring?

1. my tel pt. was shifted from one side of the MBR to the other side of the MBR - they make the tel pt there in the first pic.

2. i asked them for another SCV pt, so make an SCV pt for me (shown in the second pic). But they need to add this connector thing in the MBR SCV pt - thats what u see in the first pic.

PS: first pic is the MBR, second pic is a BR only.

oh by the way, i asked my ID already.

He said light switch and electrical switch can connect nicely without showing the cable. Means the wires can go thru the two sockets box, but not for tel. pt and SCV pt.

He say otherwise there will be noise interruption/ interference with the tv progm. If the wire go thru the 'electrical' socket, then will have these inteferences. True a not?? I really dunno..

Edited by mint