Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
currahee

Power Of Attorney

can anyone advise where to go to get the power of attorney ready shld i need to be away from the country during my 1st appt.. thanks...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

u have to get it from the lawyer's. the guy who bought my previous apt paid >$200 for that letter, thru their agent who represented him.

thanks to all..

i see on the hdb letter that even if using the power of attorney, still need to sign personally.. but if not able to go 1st appt, can have the form to sign already? pls advise.. thanks..

Yes the power of attorney cannot be used for the signing of the application forms, statutory declarations, and/or any other undertakings. These must be signed by you personally.

Be careful for statutory declarations, I think you must execute them in the presence of a commissioner of oaths or someone like that. Otherwise if you are overseas already, you have to go to the Singapore embassy to do it in front of the high commissioner/ambassador, which I think not cheap lor.

Erm, actually dun worry lah, you are paying the lawyer to do this power of attorney, so I am sure s/he will advise you what that person can do or cannot do on your behalf, so that you can see to all these details before you leave.

BTW never appoint your agent for power of attorney; always use your spouse or a close relative.

thanks to all..

i see on the hdb letter that even if using the power of attorney, still need to sign personally.. but if not able to go 1st appt, can have the form to sign already? pls advise.. thanks..

Really? Doesn't power of attorney means that person's signature is as good as yours. Yes, that person may have to go down to HDB personally to sign, but you shouldn't have to-- else it's LPPL right?