Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
liuhao

Where To Buy Electronics Dehumidifier?

some of my cupboards and wardrobes are pretty damp especially in kitchen. tried those NTUC Gel box dehumidifier but not very effective. clearly need something more powerful but also compact in size so that i can put it inside wardrobes and kitchen carbinets.

anyone knows which shop i can find electronics dehumidifiers? either using compressor or thermo-electric peltier module doesnt matter as far as it can dry things up.

have seen delonghi one but size if too big. i think it's meant for whole room rather than small areas.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
some of my cupboards and wardrobes are pretty damp especially in kitchen. tried those NTUC Gel box dehumidifier but not very effective. clearly need something more powerful but also compact in size so that i can put it inside wardrobes and kitchen carbinets.

anyone knows which shop i can find electronics dehumidifiers? either using compressor or thermo-electric peltier module doesnt matter as far as it can dry things up.

have seen delonghi one but size if too big. i think it's meant for whole room rather than small areas.

Homefix Marina has it. Not the typical one that uses heat to drive out water from the silica gel.

thanks for the advise. just went to homefix and bought one mini dehumidifier and one Olee dehumidifier. exactly what i am looking for. will try it and update the result. thanks.

has been staying inside kitchen carbinet and running for 12 hours, the device collected about 250ml water. so far so good.

wah - can update the stats in a few weeks' time? hehe

wah - can update the stats in a few weeks' time? hehe

sure. will see the durability of the device.

btw the i got the Olee dehumidifier for $79 at homefix. usual price is 99 but homefix (IMM) is having a discount sale for this item.

sure. will see the durability of the device.

btw the i got the Olee dehumidifier for $79 at homefix. usual price is 99 but homefix (IMM) is having a discount sale for this item.

Hi, i'm also interested... how is the unit performing?

isit your furniture show mouldy?

Its for my walk-in-closet, clothes and stuff tends to get mouldy if not use.... Liuhao has PM me saying that the dehumidifier is working well and recommends for me to get it. Think I will take the advise and go for it then! !! Cheers!!

I'm also using Olee for my WIW. The power adaptor died on me once, and I got it serviced (i called the person in charse. was told to leave it at homefix for pickup/repair/collection).

To lengthen the shelf life of your dehumidifier, you use

1) do not switch it on 24x7 (damaging for your electricity bill too!). Only on when you need. If you on aircon, you can off olee

2) clean the cover and top portion. you will see dust accumulated there. This makes your olee sucks harder and shorten the life span.

Its for my walk-in-closet, clothes and stuff tends to get mouldy if not use.... Liuhao has PM me saying that the dehumidifier is working well and recommends for me to get it. Think I will take the advise and go for it then! :sport-smiley-004: Cheers!!

i duno isit i stay near e sea. my kitchen cabinet start to have mould a little, how many dehumidifier shld i get manz.

i duno isit i stay near e sea. my kitchen cabinet start to have mould a little, how many dehumidifier shld i get manz.

These device are not good in open area like living room, bedroom, kitchen or toilet. Cos there is always air flow, impossible to control humidity as new "wet" air will constantly move in to replace the "dried" air. It is effective for confined places like cabinet, cupboard, walk in closet, storeroom, etc... where the area are closed most of the time, thus reducing the dried air from escaping. (Dry air are lighter then moist air, so it tends to float above the heavier moist air) :bangwall:

Personally I find it a little too ex to put electrical dehumidifier in every kitchen cabinet, at least 10 to 15 units... also a lot of wires to handle too.... may want to try those Hungry Hippo type of dehumidifier instead, much cheaper and "wireless" :dunno: .But need to change every now and then. Cupboard also a little ex, will need 2 to 4 units..... unless you assigned a curboard to put all the things you need to keep dry, then only need one in that cupboard. Think it works better and more economical for confined rooms or selected cupboard... just my 2 cents worth.

Edited by Brainstorm

There is another alternative to prevent mould. Mould tends to grow in a environment that is damp and the air is still. Using a dehumidifier takes dampness our of the equation, you can try to introduce some air circulation also.

My wardrobe also had this problem before I moved in, cos the windows were close all the time. So what I did from then was to always leave the window slightly open to improve the air circulation. Once in a while, I leave the cabinate doors in the kitchen and wardrobe open to let the air circulate. So far so good, no more recurrence.

Edited by popcorn

Hi all, manage to find someone selling brand new set of Olee dehumidifier at eBay.sg with discount price. The retail price for the small version is $99.90 and the bigger version is $159. He selling at $89.90 and $140 respectively. I just bought the bigger version. Will feedback after using it. Cheers.

eBay link here

Edited by Brainstorm