Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

we had a lot of difficulty procuring this flat as the seller was deep in debt. imagine, she had not paid her S&C from 2005, among other things, leaving us to settle her debt of almost $15k before we finally got the flat. so we kinda knew this was going to happen, just didn't know when. came home from dinner tonight, got into the lift, and when the door closed, we found ourselves staring at our unit number scribbled in red marker pen. great.

dh called the number and straightened things out with them. but if that recent episode of tab tv is anything to go by, the loansharks might hold us responsible for the ex-owner's debt. everytime i hear a noise outside my imagination goes wild..."oh it's them splashing paint on my door...chaining up my gate..hanging a bloodied pig's head.."

just my luck to kena such a seller man. by the time we realised what kind of person she was, we had too much invested in the flat already. sighs.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
we had a lot of difficulty procuring this flat as the seller was deep in debt. imagine, she had not paid her S&C from 2005, among other things, leaving us to settle her debt of almost $15k before we finally got the flat. so we kinda knew this was going to happen, just didn't know when. came home from dinner tonight, got into the lift, and when the door closed, we found ourselves staring at our unit number scribbled in red marker pen. great.

dh called the number and straightened things out with them. but if that recent episode of tab tv is anything to go by, the loansharks might hold us responsible for the ex-owner's debt. everytime i hear a noise outside my imagination goes wild..."oh it's them splashing paint on my door...chaining up my gate..hanging a bloodied pig's head.."

just my luck to kena such a seller man. by the time we realised what kind of person she was, we had too much invested in the flat already. sighs.

call police, town council, Member of Parliament.

How come you still insisted on getting this house despite all these? If the owner can even owe S&C, something must be terribly wrong..

Back then, you could have "cut loss" rather than complete the sale, staying in an O$P$ house can be quite taxing, esp when our local police are quite helpless in such cases.

I made a point to find out where my previous owner was working at and I even asked some of the neighbours to find out if there are O$P$ issues in the block, when I was getting my house...

How come you still insisted on getting this house despite all these? If the owner can even owe S&C, something must be terribly wrong..

Back then, you could have "cut loss" rather than complete the sale, staying in an O$P$ house can be quite taxing, esp when our local police are quite helpless in such cases.

I made a point to find out where my previous owner was working at and I even asked some of the neighbours to find out if there are O$P$ issues in the block, when I was getting my house...

it's a very long, messy affair. we only found out about the overdue S&C on the day of the 2nd appt. trust me, we would hv withdrawn if we could.

i asked the tenants who were staying there if they had any O$P$ problems, looked around for any traces of the graffiti, didn't find any.

let's see what happens over the next few days.

it's a very long, messy affair. we only found out about the overdue S&C on the day of the 2nd appt. trust me, we would hv withdrawn if we could.

i asked the tenants who were staying there if they had any O$P$ problems, looked around for any traces of the graffiti, didn't find any.

let's see what happens over the next few days.

if you can find out where this skunk has shifted to....paste a piece of paper to inform the ahlongs...your debtor already sold house to us, their new address is XXXX...

if you can find out where this skunk has shifted to....paste a piece of paper to inform the ahlongs...your debtor already sold house to us, their new address is XXXX...

haha yah man. make poster bigbig...

we have her number and her address, just don't know how reliable because she seems to give a different one each time. my mum said to ask when did she take the loan..if it was after the sale of the flat, then she can get into trouble for not changing her address on her IC. which i also have not done, but then again, I was staying at my parents' plc before this..

Approach Town Council....or MP...

If I were u, I will also live in fear everyday cos dunno wat will happen the next moment

and the safety of yr family members....

Better straighten it out asap as u never noe wat will the Ah Longs do the next moment?

Approach Town Council....or MP...

If I were u, I will also live in fear everyday cos dunno wat will happen the next moment

and the safety of yr family members....

Better straighten it out asap as u never noe wat will the Ah Longs do the next moment?

so far only one graffiti that my hubby managed to clean off quite easily. but he was quite worked up last night. i'm sitting at home, half expecting the ah long to bash down my door, in which case, i will just tell them, bring it on man, coz no ah long is a match for this mummy and her new laminted flooring. LOL!

My parents also bought a flat from a couple, after moving in, they start to receive payment reminders letters from Starhub, Singtel, etc, etc... even receive a card by "professional" debt collector. My parents got worry, so one fine day, I offer to trial the ex-owner back to their existing place when they come to collect letters from my parents. Think only then you can confirm their new address.

Is there a need to rub it in?? :wub:

Its amazing why so many people always like to spend their energy on "why why why", questioning why the problem start in the first place, rather than to spend that energy on how do we resolve it quickly.

dh called the number and straightened things out with them. but if that recent episode of tab tv is anything to go by, the loansharks might hold us responsible for the ex-owner's debt.

So what happened after your dh called the guy?

I used to have a neighbour who kana just like you, and boy! Was he innovative! What he did was to copy and paste his sales agreement all over the lifts, staircases and prominent places, to let everyone (including the loansharks) know that he is a new owner.

This actually clear up the understanding with the neighbours because they will know that he is not the one responsible for all these graffitis. Also, because the loansharks draw graffiti and do funny acts is to shame the debtor, it will no longer work since everyone know liao, and so they stopped also.

True enough, after awhile the loansharks did not come anymore.

Is there a need to rub it in?? :wub:

Its amazing why so many people always like to spend their energy on "why why why", questioning why the problem start in the first place, rather than to spend that energy on how do we resolve it quickly.

So what happened after your dh called the guy?

I used to have a neighbour who kana just like you, and boy! Was he innovative! What he did was to copy and paste his sales agreement all over the lifts, staircases and prominent places, to let everyone (including the loansharks) know that he is a new owner.

This actually clear up the understanding with the neighbours because they will know that he is not the one responsible for all these graffitis. Also, because the loansharks draw graffiti and do funny acts is to shame the debtor, it will no longer work since everyone know liao, and so they stopped also.

True enough, after awhile the loansharks did not come anymore.

Wah.....to paste the sales agreement everywhere.... :wub: So mabbe it works har...perhaps gumbokins can give a try?

My parents also bought a flat from a couple, after moving in, they start to receive payment reminders letters from Starhub, Singtel, etc, etc... even receive a card by "professional" debt collector. My parents got worry, so one fine day, I offer to trial the ex-owner back to their existing place when they come to collect letters from my parents. Think only then you can confirm their new address.

Not easy to trial ba....y dun tel them upfront to change their mailing address since they hv shifted?

Wah.....to paste the sales agreement everywhere.... :wub: So mabbe it works har...perhaps gumbokins can give a try?

Yeah at first I also thought, siao, like that no privacy already.

But then again, my neighbour told me anyway the loansharks write until like that even worse right? The agreement does not have any private details, just the name, address and when the sales transaction take place.

Yeah at first I also thought, siao, like that no privacy already.

But then again, my neighbour told me anyway the loansharks write until like that even worse right? The agreement does not have any private details, just the name, address and when the sales transaction take place.

This is a new idea for those hving the same predicament...

It might be of help to them....

Hope the TS will solve the problem soon.....

Not easy to trial ba....y dun tel them upfront to change their mailing address since they hv shifted?

Yap, not easy. Told them liao... but think they own the company money, so didn't want to give them the new address ba....

Yap, not easy. Told them liao... but think they own the company money, so didn't want to give them the new address ba....

Oic....then just return the letters to the rtn mails to the post office and inform them tat

tenant no longer stays here if they still refused to inform the responsible organisation of

their change of address....

I also v pissed off with my ex-owner.....,there are still starhub letters mailing to my hse

though they hv shifted out almost 1 year ago....

I was wondering how come they never change their address for so long or their IC address

still the same? :furious: I am still enduring......and the best thing is they dun even bother to

cal me whether there are any letters for them or not?

And I hv to cal them every mth to come and collect and sometimes they are so lazy

to come up and collect from me and ask me to mit them at the market.... :)

At first I still gong gong go and mit them, now I couldn't be bothered man!

They wan to come, they come....else I will just throw away when spring cleaning comes...

I will ask her when she comes the next time, how come letters still mail to us after so long......