Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cwongst

Chandelier

Hi guys

I juz bgt a chandelier recently..and am worried abt cleaning it. The lighting shop man told me tat there is a type of cleaning spray which I can get it from DIY shop specially for chandelier. All i hv to do it spread newspapers below and start spraying onto the chandelier and all the dust & dirt will drip onto the papers a while later.

But.. i hv looking and asking arnd seems like the DIY shop owners doesn't noe.

Does anyone of u noe where I can buy them?

Thks so much!

Edited by cwongst

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

I am now shopping for a chandelier, and I think it would be easier to clean if i can bring down the whole thing, so i asked the shops about is it easy to do so, and they told me that it is very easy to bring it down. I am not sure if this is true or if this is sales talk. Did you ask the shop about this?

About the spray, the salesmen did not tell me about this. Have you been "sales-talked"? I don't trust if there is such a spray, it can do a good job, but if it does, please let me know.

Hi,

I am now shopping for a chandelier, and I think it would be easier to clean if i can bring down the whole thing, so i asked the shops about is it easy to do so, and they told me that it is very easy to bring it down. I am not sure if this is true or if this is sales talk. Did you ask the shop about this?

About the spray, the salesmen did not tell me about this. Have you been "sales-talked"? I don't trust if there is such a spray, it can do a good job, but if it does, please let me know.

It's not easy to bring down the chandelier, especially if yours is a big one. It's going to be very heavy also, you won't want to risk shattering the crystals. I used normal glass cleaner to wipe my chandelier and I think it does a good job cos my crystals shine like new after that. Just have to tediously clean the crystals one by one.

I've also nvr heard of such a spray, how to know if it does a clean job? You won't know if it's good cos you can't see the dust and dirt anyway.

The lighting shop man told me tat there is a type of cleaning spray which I can get it from DIY shop specially for chandelier. All i hv to do it spread newspapers below and start spraying onto the chandelier and all the dust & dirt will drip onto the papers a while later.

But.. i hv looking and asking arnd seems like the DIY shop owners doesn't noe.

Does anyone of u noe where I can buy them?

Thks so much!

yes there is such a product but yet to come across in sg.

dont think homefix carry this - me always go homefix.

came across this product sometimes back when i was looking for cleaners(chemicals).

hagerty or hargarty brand - works as what you describe. maybe search in ebay and purchase overseas.

Hi Air, big one is heavy, what about smaller ones? If u dont bring it down, u need to climb up and clean strand by strand, wouldn't it be more tiring? Will neck break? I am not sure bec this is first time i am shopping for chandelier.

I think maybe yours has got some kind of glass component that holds the candle. Otherwise, i thought crysals won't shatter even if dropped, only glass will.

As for the spray, if it is available, u all dare to use? U don't know what chemical it contains such that the dust will fall off.

Hi Air, big one is heavy, what about smaller ones? If u dont bring it down, u need to climb up and clean strand by strand, wouldn't it be more tiring? Will neck break? I am not sure bec this is first time i am shopping for chandelier.

I think maybe yours has got some kind of glass component that holds the candle. Otherwise, i thought crysals won't shatter even if dropped, only glass will.

As for the spray, if it is available, u all dare to use? U don't know what chemical it contains such that the dust will fall off.

I clean strand by strand, I find it ok, just that have to be a bit more careful. My chandelier considered small so I don't really find it tiring. Furthermore, I don't know how to put it back even if I know how to bring it down.

Don't think I will buy the spray even if there's such a thing cos the dust will fly all over the floor, making it even harder to clean up the place later on. My current glass cleaner works fine for now :P

Edited by Air

how complicated is your chandelier?

Ours is quite simple, so I dun think it's tough to clean....

3366099_main_m.jpg

crystals are all hooked together by metal rings, unless you pull them in purpose, they shouldn't drop one...

cwongst, maybe you can show us the picture of your chandelier?

it's from Laura Ashley. We got the cream color one.

I can't remember the exact amount, but together with the matching wall light they cost $500+, that's already minus 10%+ discounts during taka sales for members. It's very overpriced here.....if you can import from UK direct, it will be slightly cheaper. But our designer said it's very CHEAP *faint*....

3359121_main_m.jpg