Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JS21

I Need A White Fridge

I've been looking at fridges for a long time until I'm quite embarrassed to go down to the same few shops to look again. I've changed my mind again, initially I wanted a stainless steel fridge, but now I need a white fridge to match my kitchen. Other than Fisher & Payker, any other standard size fridge that's white in colour? Looking for one that's around 400L+ with the ice-maker at the top. Preferably not more than $1200.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

For me.. everytime need to look at fridge, I go to Best Denki @ Taka. Think got the widest display of fridges. Usually takes about 4 to 5 visits to reach a decision. White also can consider Whirlpool or GE.

dont need to feel embarrassed. as you need to spend wisely on what you are getting.

for me previously i went to jurong point court for more then 10 times within a month till the shop sales man know me. i bomb quite a lot of questions yet the sale person is very nice and friendly. he answer all the doubts which i had. In the end i purchase from him. :jawdrop:

hi, my wife n i bought a glossy white 2-dr fridge today at courts (tampiness)

its fr LG, $1399 (rdshow price), free 300 vouchers + 50 swensen voucher

That fridge is nice, I know which one. Was eyeing at it initially, but my fridge is placed at the left corner, so cannot open the left door of the fridge fully if I were to buy it :thumbs up:

I do not want Fisher and Payker because there's no chiller.

Most likely I'll have to take Mitsubishi Folio Baby, but it's quite ex for that size.

Hitachi has a model that comes in silver white, anyone has seen it? I've only seen the stainless steel version on display at HN Millenia. Anywhere that displays the silver white version?

That fridge is nice, I know which one. Was eyeing at it initially, but my fridge is placed at the left corner, so cannot open the left door of the fridge fully if I were to buy it :thumbs up:

I do not want Fisher and Payker because there's no chiller.

Most likely I'll have to take Mitsubishi Folio Baby, but it's quite ex for that size.

Hitachi has a model that comes in silver white, anyone has seen it? I've only seen the stainless steel version on display at HN Millenia. Anywhere that displays the silver white version?

hi dude,

u and I have exactly the same problem sourcing for a fridge. end up I got a Folio Baby.

The Hitachi model, I think I know which one you are referring to. is it Solfege R-S37SVS? I chk around major stores, no where displays the White Silver model. The White Silver as stated on it's site is actually White Grey. It was delivered to my house but I rejected it and it looks more grey to me. It was finally exchanged/upgraded to Folio Baby White. U can chk out Indesit from Mayer stores. but its very huge but very handsome pure White fridge.

Or American fridge from Samsung? also pure White; if it fits into yr intended space..

Edited by latitude

Thanks! I'll defintely check out the Indesit fridge, hope it meets my budget and size.

Samsung has a white standard-size fridge? I thought don't have, is it a 2-door fridge?

Argh, most likely have to get the white Folio baby. My aunt wants to sponsor me a fridge, aiming for not more than $1000, but now, guess I gotta pay for this myself and ask her to sponsor something else. :dunno:

The Hitachi fridge is indeed the R-S37SVS. I've the flyer in front of me, it's quite deceiving because the stainless steel model looks lighter than the actual thing, so I can suspect the "white" silver fridge is also actually darker than the picture shown.

Thanks! I'll defintely check out the Indesit fridge, hope it meets my budget and size.

Samsung has a white standard-size fridge? I thought don't have, is it a 2-door fridge?

Argh, most likely have to get the white Folio baby. My aunt wants to sponsor me a fridge, aiming for not more than $1000, but now, guess I gotta pay for this myself and ask her to sponsor something else. :dancingqueen:

The Hitachi fridge is indeed the R-S37SVS. I've the flyer in front of me, it's quite deceiving because the stainless steel model looks lighter than the actual thing, so I can suspect the "white" silver fridge is also actually darker than the picture shown.

hi the Samsung is 2door fridge (side-by-side). abt $1200 last month. i think end up you will have "no choice" but to get the Folio Baby (tt's what I do).

Folio Baby with 5yrs standard compressor warranty its abt the same as a Hitachi 1 + 4 years extended warranty..

I went to check out the Hitachi white/silver fridge, and Indesit already.

The Indesit is indeed big, tall, and white, price reasonable, but inside abit old fashioned, not very spacious, I think it's just bulky. If I were to go for it, it's for the looks only. Then again, I've read really bad reviews about their fridges, so will not be getting it.

Hitachi is very slim, modern looking. It looks white enough to me. But I'm afraid overtime, the ice-maker function might spoil and give off a smell. Folio baby is very expensive for that size, and honestly, I can't see anything very special about it, although I've read raves about it.

I've another problem with space allocated. We gave some strange dimension to our contractor, end up we have 80cm of width space and 180cm height space to work with. If fridge too slim like Hitachi, then too much space leftover, looks funny. Indesit fridge is too tall, cannot fit in too. Arghhh, so I'll most likely be switching to Mitsubishi stainless steel fridge, forget about colour :dunno:.

I went to check out the Hitachi white/silver fridge, and Indesit already.

The Indesit is indeed big, tall, and white, price reasonable, but inside abit old fashioned, not very spacious, I think it's just bulky. If I were to go for it, it's for the looks only. Then again, I've read really bad reviews about their fridges, so will not be getting it.

Hitachi is very slim, modern looking. It looks white enough to me. But I'm afraid overtime, the ice-maker function might spoil and give off a smell. Folio baby is very expensive for that size, and honestly, I can't see anything very special about it, although I've read raves about it.

I've another problem with space allocated. We gave some strange dimension to our contractor, end up we have 80cm of width space and 180cm height space to work with. If fridge too slim like Hitachi, then too much space leftover, looks funny. Indesit fridge is too tall, cannot fit in too. Arghhh, so I'll most likely be switching to Mitsubishi stainless steel fridge, forget about colour :dunno:.

What about the Thai made Misubishi? Its less than 1k for a colour version, and $1k+ for a s/s version for the 421l one. I'm intending to get it so if anyone has any bad news about this model, I would like to know =)