Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
butterflykisses

Uneven Colour Painting

Hi guys,

Can i chk if anyone of u use a mid to dark tone for your wall paint?

We used sandstone colour for our living room and its not evenly painted. Can see the patches and such. The ID has arranged for his painter to come up do some rectification works and the painter says if he touch up, it'll still be the same.

Is that true??

The uneven wall colour really look unsightly! :good:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

what grade of paint is that?

i know that for nippon medifresh, the wall has to be painted at one go

touch-up means repaint the entire wall as there will be uneven patches if the paint were to be allowed to dry at different time :good:

same problem here. I'm using ICI Lite & Space - it has to be painted at one go. touch-ups will become patches.

OOPS ! i too used Lite n Space!

Hope dont see any patches!! Better go n take a look.

Luckily only used it wherever I use shades of white...

dark colors are all Easy wash...sure got lots of touch ups done after

electrical works finished!

aiya! im so upset with it!

anyway tks for all ur replies!

Problem also is... the worker who came up to do other paint touch up was lazy and refused to repaint those 2 sandstone walls. Urgh... not sure if speaking to our ID will help. Some more these 2 sandstone walls are the main walls u see in the living room... boo!

OOPS ! i too used Lite n Space!

Hope dont see any patches!! Better go n take a look.

Luckily only used it wherever I use shades of white...

dark colors are all Easy wash...sure got lots of touch ups done after

electrical works finished!

do update on yr Lite n Space painting. I find the paint a bit diluted than other ranges. too thin.

just refuse to accept it, keep the last payment until the walls are no longer patchy

it's not your duty to ask the painter to repaint the whole wall, your ID should be the one telling the painter what to do

if not pay him for what :thumbs up::dunno:

just refuse to accept it, keep the last payment until the walls are no longer patchy

it's not your duty to ask the painter to repaint the whole wall, your ID should be the one telling the painter what to do

if not pay him for what :dunno::notti:

yalor, just HOLD payment. want money? then make me happy :D

I used sandstone for my living room. Cannot touch up. The only way is to repaint the whole wall.

Touch-ups will only make things worse cos will be one patch here one patch there.

Haha... the ID has been quite nice so far so I also dont wanna be too nasty in holding his last payment. Hope to get him to help solve the problem amicably lor... last resort to using payment to negotiate....hehe

AIR, yeah... problem is the painter is too lazy to repaint the whole wall! he says even if he repaint also will be the same. That's why I come here and check with fellow owners here to see if this is really the case... sigh

yalor, just HOLD payment. want money? then make me happy !!

Hahaha...

Hmm, I'm using ICI all-in-one and supreme for my house. Do they require the whole wall to be re-painted instead of touch up?

My ID did mention that they will do a base coat + 2 additional coats of paint. Not sure if the 2nd coat of paint is the touch up layer after they have almost completed the house.

In any case, I felt we shouldn't have to accept patchy paint job. Gotta ask them to repaint whole wall if really needed. !!

Hmm if they paint the whole wall with the additional coats its not considered touch up. And its common for all painters to do 2-3 coatings when painting.

Touch up is like they paint a portion of it only.

Anyway, we got the ID up to our place to see for himself. I think he does think its not acceptable that's why he has arranged for his painter to come up to re-paint the wall.

Thanks for the peeps for sharing your experiences.