Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LLhome

My Dream House

Greycat, there's direct bus to go sheng siong from Boon Lay interchange but Im not sure from your bus stop at st 65 though? Only bus 199,172, 405 stops outside the former civil defence academy which is now sheng siong. Funny thing is the bus system, u know those flashing word signs inside the bus that says which bus stop its gg to alight at in a few min.. it says civil defence academy when it should be changed to sheng siong, (Can look up the bus directory at the interchange for the list of buses that stops outside your bus stop, gives you an idea of whats the destination route ma)

When I want to get home fast, I take the bus 172 since it takes 10 min to reach plus don't need to wait too long for the bus to arrive at the interchange as intervals is at most 5-10 min waiting period. Just need to walk a bit more back to the blocks from the bus stop at sheng siong. But I can't say the same for 181 where it stops directly outside our cluster of blocks there. 'Cos I can literally wait and wait for like what seems the longest waiting period just for 181 alone. !! Agree that the bus system needs more developing~~~

Neighbour, what brand is your oven? Your oven is built in type, good what cos can bake 2 trays of stuff at a go, unlike my portable oven which can only bake 1 tray of stuff. :bleah: Imagine 1 tray of cupcakes being baked and have to prepare next batch of cupcakes for the next round.... :yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I thk normal time oso 20mins at least....cuz I take 192 or 193 hme, normally I stand in the middle of these 2 bus-no at BoonLay Intchg n wait for 10mins. Den the part wer they turn out of the intchg will jam if its raining lor, abt 3-4 bus-stops nia oso take 20mins cuz the dble-deck bus is full....

I normally try to get a lift frm my hubby or walk hme if no rain bah...

If the bus systems r mre developed, it wld b mre convenient for us lor. Den can even take bus to shengsiong mabbe, now there's no direct bus there....I always wonder so many buses at my stop, dunno is go wer wan lor....

huh...so near yet need 20min... like tat veri sianz leh. might as well walk hm. if u take 20mins to go back then think mine even worse. :good:

Greycat, there's direct bus to go sheng siong from Boon Lay interchange but Im not sure from your bus stop at st 65 though? Only bus 199,172, 405 stops outside the former civil defence academy which is now sheng siong. Funny thing is the bus system, u know those flashing word signs inside the bus that says which bus stop its gg to alight at in a few min.. it says civil defence academy when it should be changed to sheng siong, (Can look up the bus directory at the interchange for the list of buses that stops outside your bus stop, gives you an idea of whats the destination route ma)

When I want to get home fast, I take the bus 172 since it takes 10 min to reach plus don't need to wait too long for the bus to arrive at the interchange as intervals is at most 5-10 min waiting period. Just need to walk a bit more back to the blocks from the bus stop at sheng siong. But I can't say the same for 181 where it stops directly outside our cluster of blocks there. 'Cos I can literally wait and wait for like what seems the longest waiting period just for 181 alone. :yamseng: Agree that the bus system needs more developing~~~

Neighbour, what brand is your oven? Your oven is built in type, good what cos can bake 2 trays of stuff at a go, unlike my portable oven which can only bake 1 tray of stuff. 8| Imagine 1 tray of cupcakes being baked and have to prepare next batch of cupcakes for the next round.... :yamseng:

my oven is cuzino... tink 2-3 trays no prob bah. but a bit regret buyin coz nvr reali need to use it. somemore when i start work, i dun tink i got e energy to bake loh. unless got e mood lah.

Harlow Bunbun,

Thanks for the bus-info :bow:

Yup, wat I mean was no straight bus to ur side shengsiong, even though its nearnear....I thk the town planning of bus is nt very welldone yet. I used to stay in Tamp n jus 4 busstops away frm intchg, abt same distance to intchg as my new hme. But over there in a mature estate, I haf at least 4 buses gg to the same stop n theres mre loop buses. Here, the prob is made worse by many industrial lorries at the intchg junction. If they can bld smethg or divert the rd out, at least nt so messy at the junction.....wish that condo faster faster build finish, den nt so messy/noisy/dirty like nw.....

This morn, I decided to walk to intchg as hubby not in town to send me. Its actually walkable n I get to breath sme freshair as I walk dwn along the miniparks.....walk bah! :yamseng:

Ovens: Can consider use it to grill chkn, chkn wings, fish etc. For meat, the oil will come out n its healthier mabbe. U can pre-pare the meats etc in aluminium pockets n leave it in fridge, come hme n jus grill for 20mins. Oven can do many things other than baking :notti:

What greycat says about ovens for roasting, grilling is correct. You don't need to use oven purely for baking though. =) It's quite useful and furthermore convectional ovens which is what you're using I think.. is much more healthier than a microwave oven due to the fact that food will be cooked without any dryness. We can pick up a few pointers on baking & cooking. :dunno:

Neighbour, can I tempt you into the mood for baking with this?

singleshotofcupcakenc9.jpg

Though the transport is another thing, the good thing is Jurong is more developed in recent years than 10 years ago. I believe it will get better in the next few years into the future.

Edited by BunBun

What greycat says about ovens for roasting, grilling is correct. You don't need to use oven purely for baking though. =) It's quite useful and furthermore convectional ovens which is what you're using I think.. is much more healthier than a microwave oven due to the fact that food will be cooked without any dryness. We can pick up a few pointers on baking & cooking. :notti:

Though the transport is another thing, the good thing is Jurong is more developed in recent years than 10 years ago. I believe it will get better in the next few years into the future.

LLhome : Welcome you again to the Working class housewife cum doggy's mummy club :unsure::D:yamseng:

wish you all the best :D:)

bun bun, your cupcakes looks yummy wor ... :good::dribble:

btw which oven you are using ? tot of gettin one myself too .. i dun realli like to use hubby's microwave oven ...

Edited by ranval9

Harlow Bunbun, cool :rofl: ....is dat a cupcake u baked? Can I join join? heehee :bow::jawdrop:

Im thkg of taking up baking classes too :o , was recci-ing w a colleague but we got put on a waiting list for this baking class (learning how to bake cupcakes too).....

I oso looking for oven, using a grill-oven nw, the old-fashion type wan. Its a hand-me-dwn oven & recently I start to hear kingking-kongkong sounds oredi, abt to breakdwn. :D abit scary man.....

Ru gals using the new type of convection-steam-oven? Isit any gd? Me n HB still inclined to buy the oldtype le...cheaper. if I buy a microwave + oldfashion oven, thk add together is still cheaper than the new steam-oven px of 1k?

Hey gals, Im using a portable microwave oven with convectional function. Inverter type by panasonic. Initially thought of getting a convectional oven but I realise that in such "what ifs" situation that I don't use the oven often as I should be, its a waste of the money.

This is the model I'm using now. http://www.panasonic.com.sg/web/pid/1141 It's a new model according to the sales person and it was selling for 399 in Feb

Greycat, yup that is a cupcake.. I looked up the recipes on cupcakes, cakes & cookies online & followed the steps through trial & error myself. I have been compiling a small listing of cupcakes, cookies & cake recipes myself. I even found some food blogs that come with recipes. Its still cheaper than going for classes hehe but yes you can join if you want. :) I'm just a beginner at cooking & baking though. Ranval, I was relieved that my cupcakes turned out well in the end since it was my maiden attempt! :)

Edited by BunBun

Harlow Bunbun,

Thanks for the info :notti: ...I dinno 399 can buy a new-type-oven...must go recci I guess. Saw on another forummer's blog the same oven but a bigger size one at 42L I thk...

Hee, I oso been reading sme foodie-blogs recently, very interesting. Trying to get recipes off the net too but I reali hope to attend a class to learn hw to do the nice-nice decor like sugant fondant type of cakes/cupcakes.... :lol:

Greycat, no prob! I also am trying to learn how to do the icing decoration but that will come later cos need to experiement more with the taste of the cupcakes/cakes first. The taste of the cupcakes/cakes must be good to complement the taste of icing decoration or else no use. Kekeke. Btw, I heard from my friend community centres also have cooking/baking lessons. This one ah, I also haven't had time to go and find out more.

You can get a cheap oven with convectional function. There's a sleek looking oven by panasonic with same inverter system like mine but SUPER ex.. going for 800!! ;) The salesperson at HN that time was trying to sell us the most ex ovens as we were looking at convectional use for baking. http://www.panasonic.com.sg/web/pid/1136 - > This one sia.

Harlow Bunbun,

Thanks for the info :notti: ...I dinno 399 can buy a new-type-oven...must go recci I guess. Saw on another forummer's blog the same oven but a bigger size one at 42L I thk...

Hee, I oso been reading sme foodie-blogs recently, very interesting. Trying to get recipes off the net too but I reali hope to attend a class to learn hw to do the nice-nice decor like sugant fondant type of cakes/cupcakes.... :notti:

Hi LLhome

U've PM me Johnny's mobile some weeks ago, remember?

I've finally been able to meet up with him earlier this evening.

Hey, I've tried to PM u but got an error msg saying tat u may have disabled yr PM or yr inbox is full leh... Wld u check, pls :sport-smiley-018: cos i've got something that i need to ask u...

Thanks for taking the trouble...

Regards

SarahC

Hi LLhome

U've PM me Johnny's mobile some weeks ago, remember?

I've finally been able to meet up with him earlier this evening.

Hey, I've tried to PM u but got an error msg saying tat u may have disabled yr PM or yr inbox is full leh... Wld u check, pls :bangwall: cos i've got something that i need to ask u...

Thanks for taking the trouble...

Regards

SarahC

paisei my inbox is full... haben been loggin in recently. hv clear all the msg liaoz. feel free to pm me again!

What greycat says about ovens for roasting, grilling is correct. You don't need to use oven purely for baking though. =) It's quite useful and furthermore convectional ovens which is what you're using I think.. is much more healthier than a microwave oven due to the fact that food will be cooked without any dryness. We can pick up a few pointers on baking & cooking. :(

wow bunbun, ur cupcake look great despite ur veri first attempt.... :notti: i shld hv start cookin using my oven. but need to adapt to my new job 1st. hv oredi tried using my oven... not for bakin or grilling.... jus use it to reheat my egg tarts. whahah jus wanna make sure the oven its still functioning....

thx ranval... soon i'll be joining the Working class housewife cum doggy's mummy club... tomo will be officially start work liaoz. wish me luck! :bangwall:

bunbun, u are rite bout the bus thingy... 181 reali took a long time to come. i waited for almost 15mins n i got impatient n walked to the bus stop opp sheng shiong. within 5 mins i got into the bus liaoz. somemore i realised tat the buses opp sheng shiong travel a shorter route to the interchange. tink ard 3 bus stops onli. but if i were to take 181, it will travel a longer route n hence it takes longer to reach the interchange.

but if i were to take a bus hm, it will be better to take 181 coz the route is shorter to hm compare to the other buses. am i rite? correct me if i'm wrong.

btw wat is a conventional oven? dunno if mine is one? :rofl:

here's the pics for the things we bought for the study...

bookshelves:

f_DSC03050m_8d02b4b.jpg

swivel chair:

f_DSC03051m_8c556b3.jpg

printer cum copier cum scanner:

f_DSC03132m_19e999f.jpg

computer:

f_DSC03133m_68c4f37.jpg

n now the final pics of the study after all the unpacking...

f_DSC03136m_f8bdda2.jpg

f_DSC03137m_59e8f2a.jpg

f_DSC03138m_87ebaab.jpg

f_DSC03139m_5853313.jpg

something not meant for the study... its a trolley for placing drinks during our mahjong game. bought it at v-hive. oni bought one but will try to get another one.

f_DSC03055m_ce03a52.jpg

Thanks neighbour for the kind words on my cupcake attempt. We can get together to bake one day~

Hmm, If you want to compare the distance to reach home hor, 181 will be nearest to the bus stop than other busses stopping at sheng siong bus stop. But the timing is more prompt for other buses like 199, 172.. Have you noticed at interchange while waiting to take bus home, both buses come by at intervals of 5-10 min already. 181 takes longer, dunno why. But the no of the stops on the route for 181 is more than 5-6 bus stops compared to the other stops on the other routes by other buses that is.

The 181 comes by at intervals like for eg, 7:00am, 7:15am, 7:30am to arrive at the bus stop outside our cluster of blocks, if you get my drift so you need to be on time fast if you intend to take 181.

Convectional oven uses convection & conduction to heat food which means the food will bake from inwards while microwave oven uses radio waves or microwaves just to heat food. So heating the food is even and distributed better in convectional oven than microwave oven which is why sometimes food microwaved in microwave oven tend to be a little dry.

Nice bookshelves & table there. :unsure:

wow bunbun, ur cupcake look great despite ur veri first attempt.... :jawdrop: i shld hv start cookin using my oven. but need to adapt to my new job 1st. hv oredi tried using my oven... not for bakin or grilling.... jus use it to reheat my egg tarts. whahah jus wanna make sure the oven its still functioning....

thx ranval... soon i'll be joining the Working class housewife cum doggy's mummy club... tomo will be officially start work liaoz. wish me luck! :furious:

bunbun, u are rite bout the bus thingy... 181 reali took a long time to come. i waited for almost 15mins n i got impatient n walked to the bus stop opp sheng shiong. within 5 mins i got into the bus liaoz. somemore i realised tat the buses opp sheng shiong travel a shorter route to the interchange. tink ard 3 bus stops onli. but if i were to take 181, it will travel a longer route n hence it takes longer to reach the interchange.

but if i were to take a bus hm, it will be better to take 181 coz the route is shorter to hm compare to the other buses. am i rite? correct me if i'm wrong.

btw wat is a conventional oven? dunno if mine is one? :jawdrop:

Hi LLHome,

Nice job of revamping the study rm. =) :dunno::)

Where did you get the storage for the walls? But no doors wor... wipe like mad (like what i'm doing now !! )