Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LLhome

My Dream House

hi everyone, in another 1 week, i'll be collecting my keys.

i have seen a lot of forummers posting the pics of their beautiful hse and i really envy u people here.

i have been longing for a home of my own like all of u and after a long wait, its now finally my turn. :notti:

i hope that anyone here can give me some advice after i collect my keys. heard from the old folks that we are not allow to open the door for our new flat after collecting the keys. think we need to choose a auspicious date to open the door. how true is it? did anyone here go through this? :dunno:

and also something i would like to find out from u all...after the key collection, we have to check for defects right? what are the things to look out for? we are actually overlaying all the wall and floor tiles for both bathroom and also plastering the wall for the kitchen. so do we still need to check on the tiles? and beside the tiles, what are the things we need to check? i have no idea at all.

i appreciate anyone here can advice me on the things i need to take note when i open the door for my flat and during reno.

anyway i have engaged johnny from ideal house. and will be soon starting my reno. will try to post pics when i collect my keys. really look forward to the transformation of the hse.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

let me spam first :dunno::notti:

for opening door, we just choose a date that doesn't clash with our chinese zodiac

most important is the lessee, cannot clash

i'm quite lucky that the day of key collection is also a good day to open door so i opened on the same day.

as for defects, it'll be good to submit via the MyHDB page

although they say one week, you can still submit after that

as long as before your own renovation work start can liao

but i'd advise you to submit as early as possible coz hdb really take a long time to rectify the defects :D:notti:

hi applefreak, thanks for ur advices... will try to get a good date to open the door. hope that i can open the door as soon as i collect my key.

you can actually change your date of collecting keys

i was lucky that the day i collect my keys was good for opening door, if not i'll change the appt

if the day you collect key is not good for opening door, just log onto your MyHDB page to change the appt

i know i cannot tahan to wait with the keys in my pocket :P

ya loh i also think very difficult to tahan one...but the only date we can open the door is on sunday so die die also must at least tahan for 2 days. really look forward to starting the reno. so right now all i can do is wait. will try to update pics once i got the key. but anyway i really appreciate your advices. :P

anyway i went to choose my tiles again. the first time we forgot about the tiles for the balcony. and today we finally done with the tiles thing. so now at least got one thing done. as for the 3d drawings, they will be needing some amendments. but so far we really appreciate what my id have done for us. he proposed a lot of ideas and most of them i really like. and most happy thing is the extra things that we want no need to top up.

As today we were in a bargain mood, so we mentioned to him about a feature wall in the lounge area. He was supportive and agreed to brain storm about it. Best thing, no need top up. wahahah so happy. He's really cool and can see him trying hard to make this a win-win situation. Kudos to him.

Again.... can't wait to start. ;P

Since now no photos of house to shows, hope to share with you guys the tiles we selected.

Cheerios.

My foyer area mosaic

f_DSC02527m_16f5a50.jpg

Edited by LLhome

Mosaics at area such as living and toilets:

t_DSC02468m_7505c3f.jpg

t_DSC02469m_27e1d51.jpg

Common toilet wall tiles, the decor piece in center actually costs $17 per piece. But luckily Johnny kind enough to FOC :(

t_DSC02464m_246be4a.jpg

The master's toilet wall tiles, Its actually 3D.. hmm... but not really visible.

t_DSC02470m_dd94431.jpg

Edited by LLhome

ya hor... i didn't think of that. got to talk to the officer then. this fri will be collecting key liaoz. thanks applefreak! somemore bettter that way. dun have to take leave.

Harlow LLhome, welcome to renotalk! :dribble:

Btw, where is ur EA at JW? Im oso staying at EA Jurong West....is dat ur catcat? Look very cute... :yamseng:

Mosaics at area such as living and toilets

t_DSC02466m_53d092f.jpg

t_DSC02468m_7505c3f.jpg

t_DSC02469m_27e1d51.jpg

Common toilet wall tiles, the decor piece in center actually costs $17 per piece. But luckily Johnny kind enough to FOC :P

t_DSC02464m_246be4a.jpg

The master's toilet wall tiles, Its actually 3D.. hmm... but not really visible.

t_DSC02470m_dd94431.jpg

hihi your house goin to be brighten up with all these tiles :bleah::lol:

Welcome to RenoTalk :P:lol: