Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LLhome

My Dream House

finally today hdb contractor came up for cement screeding... wonder they will do a gd job or not cause 2 days ago they actually ask us to top up $100 saying that our tiling for living room is too high. so they will have to use more cement to level up between the rooms and living. dnno how true it is... but id side hv confirm tat the tiling for living is within the standard rules of hdb.

so in the end we did not top up. wonder they will start doing a bad job???

my feature wall for my pool table has been done. will upload pics soon...

anyway wishing all forummers a happy 2008!:bangwall:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi LLhome.....

Happy new yr!~

Wah ur house do until nice nice....cant wait to see ur pics up....

Dont worry abt the unoccupied units, they be occupied very soon wan...:bangwall:

yeah!:P finally bought all things for the hse except lightings. i am too indecisive tats why we spent a lot of time shopping for bathroom accessories. my id, johnny has spent 7 hours with us last week on bathroom accessories and finally bought our 2 bathroom accessories for a total damage of $2650. all the items bought at 4 different shops... the salesman at the shop tat we bought most of the items is very easy-going. can easily ask for discounts.

next is the curtain and aircon... curtain bought at causeway point... at first was quoted $1900plus... one cal fr johnny, we are quoted $1500. all thanks to his bargaining technique...

as for the aircon, me n hubby hv checked out with a few shops and finally got the lowest quote fr johnny's contractor at $3000 for system3 +system1, toshiba. thanks to him again, i save again...

for the hood n hob and oven, we reali got a good deal thanks johnny again. we save a few hundreds again.

last sun bought our lcd tv, fridge and home theatre. got it from kong tai at jurong west. buy from there at least can save a few hundreds. hv been to 2 shops recommend here but luckily johnny told us to try out kong tai. and we got the lowest quote fr kong tai and the aunty there veri friendly n helpful.

as for coffee table, we bought the one with stainless steel and black tempered glass. cost $500 plus. managed to save onli ard $80.

and also just upgrade our pool table fr 7 to 8 feet. haiz...got to top up another $200.

but so far so good....we managed to keep to our budget and so far save ard $2k in total. 8|

as for our reno, cement screeding has been done. next week will be laying laminates. tis week they will be painting the hse. so now left carpentry and laminates for the bedrooms. so far we been changing our minds on so many things... like tv feature, hhs feature and paint colours... but luckily johnny's tolerant level very high. allowing us to change tis n tat... we also getting paisei...

somemore always shop with us for hours without getting any commission fr the things tat we bought. and giving foc whenever he can. kudos to him!:P :P

anyway the workmanship until now is very good. even my fren's dad who is in this reno line also compliment on their good workmanship. :yamseng:

so now onli left lightings to get...hope we can move in b4 the CNY. ok tats about all... will post pics once furniture arrived.

heehee... me oso can't wait to see them arrive. most prob can move in end of tis mth. got to arrange all the things to be delivered before move in. at least today when i went up, the hse hv already been cleaned up. now waitin for the carpentry to be up. dunno how long it gonna takes. but so far quite happy with the reno. 8|

heehee... me oso can't wait to see them arrive. most prob can move in end of tis mth. got to arrange all the things to be delivered before move in. at least today when i went up, the hse hv already been cleaned up. now waitin for the carpentry to be up. dunno how long it gonna takes. but so far quite happy with the reno. :yamseng:

Hi~~ very nice tile works you've got! U rushing to move in before CNY too? Me too.. Now everyday very stress~ Suppose to handover on the 15th.. but now cannot make on time anymore. Change to 19th. Mother-in-law want us to move in on the 22nd.. Hopefully, by then everything will be done. So maybe you gotta stress ur ID more. Else really not much time left.. Anyway, Looking forward to ur carpentry pictures! :yamseng:

hehe, thanks...so we r in the same boat...rushin to move in b4 CNY. hopefully we can make it on time. so how's the progress of ur reno? tink for ur case shouldn't be a prob bah. if reali cannot make it maybe can just move ur things in first. tink like tat can also consider as move in mah. :D

so u start ur reno in oct. wow u took quite a long time for the reno. is urs a resale? me n my hubby just move out of woodlands? we used to stay in ave 1.

Edited by LLhome

hi here's some pics to share...

Kerb in the kitchen for my dog's poo poo:

f_DSC02688m_792c5c9.jpg

False ceiling ****:

f_DSC02761m_5b7424f.jpg

Wiring in the living and dining:

f_DSC02763m_b26511e.jpg

Wiring in kitchen:

f_DSC02765m_7f05ef0.jpg

Edited by LLhome

today will be laying laminate flooring for the 3 bedrooms. hope everything turns well... oso need to get lightings by tis weekend. after getting all the lightings, we will finish all the shopping. at last can rest liaoz...heheh... anyway below some pics to share...

the things tat we bought:

this is the sofa that we bought at red apple. but in black bycass leather:

f_DSC02584m_18b92d9.jpg

coffee table bought at om:

f_DSC02595m_d819a26.jpg

the light for our pool table at lounge:(one in silver n pink)

f_DSC02602m_3dc0cd3.jpg

Edited by LLhome

hehe, thanks...so we r in the same boat...rushin to move in b4 CNY. hopefully we can make it on time. so how's the progress of ur reno? tink for ur case shouldn't be a prob bah. if reali cannot make it maybe can just move ur things in first. tink like tat can also consider as move in mah. :yamseng:

so u start ur reno in oct. wow u took quite a long time for the reno. is urs a resale? me n my hubby just move out of woodlands? we used to stay in ave 1.

Surprisingly, my unit is a 1st hand directly from HDB. and yes, the reno is taking **** long. Carpentries up. But I still haf parts of ceilings not completed due to lightings/carpentries, they dmg the ceiling so haf to fixed that. after that paint again. And my doors are not up yet! My reno progress wasnt that smooth due to a lot of unforseen circumtances happening. U've got very nice sofa! :(

wow your doggies got his own toilet :lol:

love the pool table lights

can't wait to see it hanging above the table :lol:

ya loh...last time my doggy take up the whole common toilet. now learnt my lesson. better make him a toilet.hehe...

anyway tat is my fav light. bought it before the store runs out coz i can't see it at other stores. veri kiasu...haben got the other lights yet.

Surprisingly, my unit is a 1st hand directly from HDB. and yes, the reno is taking **** long. Carpentries up. But I still haf parts of ceilings not completed due to lightings/carpentries, they dmg the ceiling so haf to fixed that. after that paint again. And my doors are not up yet! My reno progress wasnt that smooth due to a lot of unforseen circumtances happening. U've got very nice sofa! :lol:

same here... my unit also first hand fr hdb. the block been there for 5 yrs liaoz...think its quite common for EA. not much ppl wanted EA... think most of them are young couples w/o kids bah. so they dun need such a big place. we bought EA coz tis is already the 2nd time my hubby get hdb flat.

anyway at least ur carpentry up liaoz... just touch up a bit can liaoz...saw ur blog... ur WIW very nice. u reali courageous to hack 2 rooms. i onli bear to hack 1.

Edited by LLhome

same here... my unit also first hand fr hdb. the block been there for 5 yrs liaoz...think its quite common for EA. not much ppl wanted EA... think most of them are young couples w/o kids bah. so they dun need such a big place. we bought EA coz tis is already the 2nd time my hubby get hdb flat.

anyway at least ur carpentry up liaoz... just touch up a bit can liaoz...saw ur blog... ur WIW very nice. u reali courageous to hack 2 rooms. i onli bear to hack 1.

i only hack 2rooms to become 1. :deal: But i also hack away the study room to become dining area. So ya, mayb consider hacking 2 rooms? MY EA only left with 2rooms. Haha. And my in-laws is taking the other. My hubby and me just ROM last yr. Not yet customery. So no kids yet. And I just hate the "what if" situation ppl says. Like, "what if u got kids need room?" I always tell them. got liao then say lo. Its my house. I must be happy thats the most impt! :notti:

i only hack 2rooms to become 1. :good: But i also hack away the study room to become dining area. So ya, mayb consider hacking 2 rooms? MY EA only left with 2rooms. Haha. And my in-laws is taking the other. My hubby and me just ROM last yr. Not yet customery. So no kids yet. And I just hate the "what if" situation ppl says. Like, "what if u got kids need room?" I always tell them. got liao then say lo. Its my house. I must be happy thats the most impt! :furious:

totally agree with you :good: :good: